If my hunch is correct, try changing the screen resolution to something normal, like 800x600 or 1024x768 to see if they hard-coded values in
Since the events of the UserControl fully cover what a PictureBox can do, there really isn't any advantage in also using a PictureBox for your purpose, IMO. And if this resolves the event problem, it'd be worth trying.
If the UserControl is being subclassed, that might explain the interference with the Public event. Though I can't say for certain how the dll you're using may be impacting it, I do know the other method I referred to doesn't cause such a problem.
One thing to try, is to turn off the subclassing, and see if the MouseUp event works. Then you'll know if that's part of the problem.
Feel free to post any part of the project you want, but a mouse event is fairly straight-forward, so there's not much to examine there. I still think it's due to the subclassing.
@Jonny: Oh I tried to use the OCX ina simpler project. Just drag n dropn the control, and process MouseMove to display X and Y values in textboxes. No loops. Still the same problem. The text boxes are updated only in the MouseClicks as opposed to MouseMoves.
@dglienna: My resolution is already 1024 x 768. I'll try with 800x600. Is the text in ur post
@WizBang: I have already tried commenting all the sub classing code. It does not matter.
I'll post the simpler app with a setup here.
Now after these conversations, I think it has do with something like exposing or calling events? Something like passing parameters????
Here's the code. Please put SSubTmr6.dll in System32 and register with regsvr32.exe.
I have commented the subclassing code, it is in the class module. The commented subclassing code is bookmarked. I have also added the class module with subclassing uncommented, but outside project.
The app is as simple as it can get. It runs in IDE but not outside.
The code is not extensively commented, but mostly it is. And no algos for Reimann Hypothesis, just standard things are there inside.
Let's see what do we get now.
Thanks a lot.
OK, the first thing I see is that the control doesn't have Option Explicit. This is always a good idea, and you can set the IDE to automatically add it to the top of every new module.
Well, there was a lot of scroll mouse stuff to comment out before it would run without flagging some problem. But once I got them all, it ran, and the MouseUp even fired both within the IDE and compiled. I did not include the dll or any other files. I just compiled the control directly into an exe.
Sorry, I am being a bit late in reply, but was busy with something else.
But solved the problem (somehow ;) ), and though I should post something about it.
I found out the last version of the Control that was working perfectly.
Added the new features one by one, carefully avoiding the routes which I thought might have caused the problem.
After each new feature added, I checked if the control was working fine, and it was.
Finished the whole coding like that. The control just worked!!
So I solved it somehow, still can not pin-point where the problem was.
Thanks you all for your help and time. :)
And thanks to Subversion !!!!!!