Type: Posts; User: John E
Search took 0.11 seconds; generated 13 minute(s) ago.
July 22nd, 2014, 11:35 AM
Thanks laserlight. I discovered that the addition of some global namespace qualifiers seems to be helping - i.e.
clist.add_connection (_connect (boost::bind (&compositor, ::_1, ::_2, ::_3)));...
July 22nd, 2014, 10:21 AM
Can anyone explain (simply) what is meant by the symbols _1, _2, _3 etc, when used with boost::bind(). More importantly - was this supported by MSVC 8?
I'm trying to build some code that has...
June 15th, 2014, 06:15 AM
When using an iterator with a std container (list / vector etc) sometimes it's possible to modify the container (e.g. delete an item) yet still carry on using the iterator - whereas in other cases,...
Linking statically you mean? Yes, that's not a bad idea at all. Thanks for the suggestion.
Oooh, that's very handy to know. Thanks for flagging it up to me!
Bit of a long story coming up... our products use InstallShield as their installer. We chose InstallShield because it can distribute the exact same OS components that we use when building our apps -...
Thanks O'Reubens. The other possibility is Glib (from the GTK+ project). Our own project already uses Glib so with a bit of luck, that might hopefully be simpler than implementing all this Akupara...
I spent a couple of hours experimenting this morning but even after following the suggestions here, I couldn't come up with anything that would compile. One thing that puzzled me was this code from...
Wow, thanks for the info!
I found one other header file which contains the text "implements_load" and "implements_store". In cut-down form it looks like this:-
Here's the full build output (the first error is at that line I marked in red):-
[Edit...] It seems to be expecting some base class templates where _size == 0 (but I don't understand why...
Actually, in the original code it does (remember that I've stripped a lot of stuff out, to make the problem easier to reproduce).
That would have been my next question! :) For corporate...
I'm building some code which has a lot of stuff in namespace Akupara. I've no idea what the word 'Akupara' actually means - but the namespace arrangement seems to be giving me a weird problem....
April 26th, 2014, 01:33 AM
Thanks guys. Shortly after posting I came down with some horrible virus (i.e. dizziness / cold / headache etc - not a computer virus!) but there's plenty of stuff here for me to investigate once I'm...
April 24th, 2014, 06:28 AM
Hi guys. This is way out of my league but I thought someone here might have some ideas...
Apparently there are various methods (GetSystemInfo() / GetLogicalProcessorInfoEx() etc) which can return...
April 17th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Yeah, I must admit I'm seriously contemplating that. If I rewrite it in C++ it'll most likely work first time. And even if it doesn't, at least I know I'll be able to fix it !
I don't understand...
April 17th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Hi OReubens. I'm not very familiar with Perl but I assumed that's what its system command did?
I found this new set of perl statements. These ones work in Windows 7 and Windows XP - but not for...
April 16th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Bumping this question as a new problem has come to light....
The perl system command seems to work - AND - if the launched program outputs any text, I can see the text in my command prompt...
April 14th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Thanks OReubens. I swapped my original order and tested on Win7 and Win8.1 (where it now appears to work on both). I haven't tried XP yet but hopefully that'll work too. :thumb:
April 14th, 2014, 06:17 AM
Interesting, thanks for the tip... I modified the code to look like this:-
BOOL bConsole; FILE *pStdOut = 0, *pStdErr = 0;
HANDLE hStdOut =...
April 14th, 2014, 01:34 AM
A few years ago I asked a question about how to attach a DOS console to a Windows app (i.e. so that if the app was launched from a DOS console, the user would be able to see printf output etc). In a...
April 4th, 2014, 05:11 AM
In the end I deleted all the 'build generated' files (.suo / .ncb / .exp / .ilk / .pdb etc). Then I did a Clean, followed by a full Rebuild of the project. Voila! It seems to have worked! Many thanks...
April 3rd, 2014, 05:41 AM
I've encountered a really bizarre problem this morning. I've been using VS2005 for many years without any problems. This morning I needed to rebuild a library called gdk-pixbuf which I've built many...
April 2nd, 2014, 09:18 AM
Thanks 2kaud. I should have mentioned that I need to keep the solution portable if possible - so something cross-platform would be preferable.
[Edit...] this turned out to be due to a logic...
April 2nd, 2014, 07:28 AM
I'm working with some code that uses the environment array _environ. It contains a few sections which look like this:-
char** the_environ = _environ;
for (size_t i = 0;...
March 30th, 2014, 05:25 AM
Hi Igor, you're in the right area but that's not exactly what's happening....
To give some background, I'm converting an app that was written by somebody else. The app was originally written for...
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width
This is a CodeGuru survey question.