Type: Posts; User: intercepter
Search took 0.01 seconds.
March 14th, 2010 04:21 PM
Thank you to all who contributed to helping me. I learned a thing or 2 along the way too. Lessons not soon forgotten either.
March 14th, 2010 01:02 PM
And this is the resulting sub that works now:
Private Sub MoreVer()
Dim iHnd As Long
iHnd = getPalSubForm(WindowClass, Combo1.Text, RoomOutboundTextBoxClass, SendTxtIndex)
March 14th, 2010 12:48 PM
And the funny thing is I overlooked one thing that maybe the root of my problem. I kept trying to use the values in the class module SearchResult. Saying object required.
So I added this to my...
March 14th, 2010 12:01 AM
Ok, from the beginning.
The scope is this: I can generate a recordset collection based on which user (which could be a number of them) requests this search be done. I can in the first initial go...
March 13th, 2010 10:32 AM
Here is the SearchResult Class Module
Private Lines() As String
Public LinesCount As Integer
Public LinesLeft As Integer
Public LinesSent As Integer
Private colSearches As New Collection
March 13th, 2010 02:12 AM
Right, and I tried that and I still get the object error. the class name is SearchResult
March 12th, 2010 12:37 PM
What I am trying to do is create a collection of db entries. Count the total search results, group them into 10 item segments if there are more than 12 and as the group of items gets sent out,...
March 12th, 2010 12:46 AM
That is where the problem seems to be. I have tried to modify the "Count" value on several of the subs and I get errors. Where would you suggest I try to modify the "Count" value? Or should I do...
March 12th, 2010 12:21 AM
Sorry for the long delay. Its been busy around here. And thank you for your help. What I want to know now, is how to show the number of records left to be sent. And I have tried several options...
December 21st, 2009 11:47 PM
Actually, it is suppose to return the next 10 in the collection. And it does that, however, I want to solve the first problem of showing the proper count. Are you suggesting that I add something in...
December 20th, 2009 05:56 PM
Hi everyone. I have gotten great help here so I figured i would come back for this. The aspect of my present project is to do a keyword search through a access db and put that resulting record set...
And with that, It is all resolved and working as expected. Thank you very much for your assistance in this.
Yep, I see where your coming from. However, I did get it working for now. I have not tested the stop command with more than one search running. But I was able to do this,
Set colSearches =...
Thanks for your reply, But I get a Runtime error:9 subscript out of range, when I try that option.
Thanks again for all your help. I believe I have it now. Here is the code I came up with.
This is the initial keyword search code I modified:
Dim sr As New SearchResult
Thanks for your help. I have a feeling that this next bit of code is missing something, but I am not sure what yet.
I have created SearchResult.cls and here is the code:
Ok, I do have a timer event running and it watches for various commands. Here is the command that starts the keyword search:
Case TrigPos = InStr(1, RichTextBox2.Text, ": $Key", vbTextCompare)...
Do you intend to change colors on the fly? If not, I would suggest just using Form_Load and name the control and its background color.
I have a project that monitors a 3rd party chat program through API calls for the text from users in the chat room. One of the functions of my program allows a key word search through the...
April 20th, 2006 04:52 AM
And with that change, it now works as expected. Thank you! I just didnt see that. Sheesh.
April 20th, 2006 04:24 AM
OOps my mistake, it works now, never mind
April 20th, 2006 04:23 AM
@hans that link doesnt seem to work for me.
April 20th, 2006 04:18 AM
Here is the problem. I have a form with an ado code control, and I am searching a access 2000 db in the memo field for a substring using a sql statement to return only the rows that...
Thank you very much. That works great. No errors at all now. Very cool. Thanks again.
I would say this thread is resolved!!
Thanks for your reply.
I did as you suggested. And with what I saw, I came up with the following:
i = Int((adoPrimaryRS1.RecordCount - 1) * Rnd)
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width