CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Intranet

Intranet

Hello
    I have developed an application where I am running a radio station over the intranet. The player is WinAmp. There is a database of songs and the Administrator selects a group of songs from the database and the time slot when the songs will be played. the user selects the songs during the time slot and clicks the play button of winamp and listens to the songs. This is done manually at present. I want to automate the process where the system will let the user to play the songs during a selected time slot say for e.g from 3pm to 8pm. After 8 pm the player i.e the user will not be able to play the songs using winamp after 8p.m.
    can anyne help me to out with a workable solution.
    Thanks
    Bishwanath

Re: Intranet

I'd suggest that you put a timer control on your form. Set the interval quite high, 60000 (milliseconds) would be sufficent if you are not dependent on exact timing. This will engage the Timer1_Timer event once a minute (do not forget to enable the timer).
    In the Timer1_Timer event, check the state of the Timer variable to see if you should enable or disable music playing. The Timer variable/function returns the number of seconds since midnight, Timer > 8 * 3600 would be true if the time is after 8 o'clock in the morning, Timer > 20 * 3600 would be true after 8 o'clock in the evening. You could also use the Time$ variable/function but in this case you will have to thing of the time format (12 or 24-hours watch).

I hope this is a solution for you and good luck!

-----------------------
    Daniel Andersson

Unhappy

Hi,

I have in mind to "capture" Winamp radio stream and to create MP3 files automaticly. Is it possible to do so in VC++ ? Do I need to write plug-in? or have to choose a different strategy? I am totaly new in the field of plug-ins; developed pnly desktop apps.

Tnx.