CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Problem while Porting from MsVC++ 5.0 to MsVC++ 6.0

Im trying to port my works done MS VC++ 5.0 to 6.0. Im gettin the folowing errors while compilation of my code, which gives me the following error codes/messages,

error C2664: 'GetModuleFileNameA' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'void *' to 'struct HINSTANCE__ *'
    Conversion from 'void*' to pointer to non-'void' requires an explicit cast
    error C2731: 'WinMain' : function cannot be overloaded
    see declaration of 'WinMain'

Strange that this works perfect with my VC5.0 environments. How to proceed with my porting?

Re: Problem while Porting from MsVC++ 5.0 to MsVC++ 6.0

You must make sure that the compiler constant STRICT is defined when compiling. The easiest way to do this is go into the project settings and add it. Do it for both the VC++ 5.0 and VC++ 6.0 settings, just to be consistent.

So either you were compiling without STRICT in VC 5.0 and are now compiling with it in VC 6.0 or vice-versa.

Regards,

Paul McKenzie

Re: Problem while Porting from MsVC++ 5.0 to MsVC++ 6.0

Thanks for your suggestion.
    I was playing with STRICT with the whole day today. It doesnt seem working.
    I'd say at this point, you shuold know little about my project development environemt. Im using MSVC++ 5.0, RW tools 7 and Neuron data Elements Environment 40( for my GUI part). Im not using MFC or any other Microsoft VC++ specific libraries or tools, except the NMAKE for specifying my compilation/link options and VC++ compiler. Now I want to port the C++ part of the code to MS VC++ 6.0 and to retain other tools on the same existing version. Funny thing is Im facing this problem only with files that has main() function, not with any other file. All other files are compiled successfully, and even I could link my DLLs which expose methods of wrapper classes around RWtools and EE211.
    Kindly help me if you have some other suggestions.
    Regards,
    Shameer