CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Making a Messenger

I am very much amused by this idea of a Messenger. (AOL, MSN, etc). I would like to know how can one make a messenger and use it on a small network. If anyone has any info about the same or know of any site related to it. Please feel free to email me at murtuza_s@hotmail.com

Re: Making a Messenger

I am also very interested in this idea, as with the idea of a forum. Is there a way I can make a forum and when people log in to the forum the messenger connects to central server, gets the list of the users online, and allows you to chat with any one in the forum.

Another message from STM : Soldier and Superhero for the Mentally Deprived

Re: Making a Messenger

Once upon a time... I tried to develop an instant messaging application for LANs when I was relatively new to Visual J++. The problem I had was getting a list of all computers in the network and calling them. From there on, it should be no problem to develop such an application.
    What I'm really interested in is how to get a list of all computers in a network from pure Java, but that's a topic that doesn't belong in this board.

Don't forget to rate my posts if they help. You can contact me directly at Christoph.Schulze@gmx.co.uk
    Teamwork Software - Stuff That Does Something