CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

extract numbers from image

hi all
    i am currently working on image processing,i want to extract numbers from the existing images.

i have downloaded the intel's image processing librabries.
    i do not know how to proceed and which are the Dll to be used.
    Can anyone highlight on this section.

Thanks
    roopa

When you say images, do you talk about images files? and when you say number, which number do you want? Color number? or you want to create an algorith to hide message in image?

I don't really understand, but if you want the number of a pixel color in an image file, you first must know the image format, for example, if it is a bmp, there somewhere in the header where it say the number of bits the images keep the color, if the image have 8 colors, the color number will be keep in an array somewhere at the start of the file that describe the 8 colors used, if it is 65536+ colors, the color number will be keep in an array that describe each pixels

can't say more about that

JeffB

extract numbers

hi

i want to extract and identify the characters from the car license plate and store the numbers in the database.
    i have come across the nueral networks but still not able to extract the characters.i need to find at which point in the picture the characters are present.

anyone has ideas to hightlight on this
    thanks

You mean you have a picture of a license plate and you want to extract that number!! ? It is a thought process, a big algoritm, but before doing that, learn the image format (each type have its own), for BMP, refer to the structure BITMAPINFO and BITMAPINFOHEADER, and browse MSDN, you'll find the rest of the structure and function to open a BMP

JeffB