dcsimg
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: MSFlexGrid Row Problem

Question MSFlexGrid Row Problem

Hi y'all

I have a bizzare and really quite irritating problem. I am trying to use an MSFlexGrid to set and unset boolean values. The problem I am having is that the row property sometimes returns a strange value. I will explain! I keep on pressing on a cell in the fourth row (returns 3 as the rows begin at zero) but every so often it will return 15 as the row value (that is the total number of rows). If anyone can understand this and has had the same problem could the tell me how they fixed it.

Thanks for the help and sorry if the message is all a bit mixed up (just come back from a pub lunch!!)

Christopher

Zip an example project that can bring out the problem and post it
    here
    ...at present time, using mainly Net 4.0, Vs 2010

Special thanks to Lothar "the Great" Haensler, Chris Eastwood , dr_Michael, ClearCode, Iouri and
    all the other wonderful people who made and make Codeguru a great place.
    Come back soon, you Gurus.

Just to let you all know it was me being a muppet! I was updating information on the same grid through a timer control and this was interfering with the row property. So now when the mouse moves over the grid I calculate which row it is over, store this to a private variable and then use this variable as my input for when I am updating the information.

Well I am glad that one is sorted, till next time, shouldn't be too long now I haven't posted a problem for a few days now

Christopher

5 stars to everyone that is able to solve his/her own matter (by the way: no shame in making any mistake )
    ...at present time, using mainly Net 4.0, Vs 2010

Special thanks to Lothar "the Great" Haensler, Chris Eastwood , dr_Michael, ClearCode, Iouri and
    all the other wonderful people who made and make Codeguru a great place.
    Come back soon, you Gurus.