CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Container

Container

Hey, I am trying something new, I have a frame window and I am trying to open a Word document into this window. Basically, I have created a container to hold the Word document. So when the app opens, it brings in a Word document, the Word toolbars are put on the window and the Word menus are enabled. But I noticed that the New, Open, and Save toolbar buttons are disabled. Also, the Print button is not disabled but does nothing. Does anyone know a workaround for this? Why this happens?????
    "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight" - Jack Nicholson as Joker, Batman

What vie are you using?

You could enable/disable menu items using command UI.

Kuphryn

I am not sure what you mean by vie but I am using VC++ 6.0 and I have an ordinary frame window, then the code programmatically opens a word document which then brings up word, inside my frame window. I don't think your idea to enable/disable will work since the Word toolbar is being done automatically, not programmatically. So I do not have direct access to enable/disable its toolbar buttons. The buttons are the Word toolbar, not my toolbar that was on the frame window. I have found other posts asking the same question but no answer was ever given...
    "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight" - Jack Nicholson as Joker, Batman

Okay. I have never tried implemented a Word toolbar inside a program.

How did you get a Word toolbar to draw in your program?

Kuphryn

I am not actually drawing the Word toolbar on the window, it is being done automatically. I have created an OLE container and OLE code is doing the toolbar creation, not my code.