CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

How do I record voice and text/graphics simaltenously/together

Hello ,

I want to programm an application that records voice and graphic annotations(text,lines etc) together(i,e)I have to play them simaltenously after I record them.

Is it possible to do this kind of stuff using vc++

Is Dynamic annotations possible in vc++

If u did not understand my problem.... then I will explain it clearly below.

Let us suppose that I clicking on the record button,and one task is speaking using mic and the other task is doing some drawingsor typing text .Now I want to record both of these tasks in such a way that when I click the play button I can able to listen the voice and see the drawing/text in the same way(I mean at the same rate)I recorded them.

If u still did not understand the problem then reply me I put it in another way.

Please help me.

waiting for ur replies.
    Last edited by bommineni; September 19th, 2002 at 12:22 PM.
    Bhaskar Reddy

Sure it is possible, but it's not easy. It's even pretty hard...

Well that depends on your perspective of things . I'll generalize a bit because I've done this in the past but certainly not with .wav or whatever sound formats.

Essentially, you just make a array of 1 second data chunks. I assume that you are going to write some code that displays a little wave playing representing the sound. The annotations should be trap on the mouse click and whatever the user enters gets stored in the array along with the sound data on one second boundarys. When you go to display you could just buffer up data and display/play it in your app. The only real difficult part would be coding for the data portion. The GUI should be fairly straightforward. Thats strictly speaking of the ease with text annotations, drawing doodles is another issue

Thanks,

I want to know whether I have to use and special file formats to do these stuff,or I can do with any files.

How can I read the properties of a file like if u take Tiff file,how can i read the tags of that file(layers,size....)using vc++.
    Bhaskar Reddy