CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Error Registering FIle

I have build a VB 6 APP and have included crystal as my reporting tool. I use the Crystal Automation Server and in my application have a reference added to the Crystal Report Engine 8 Object Library. It all works fine on my development machine and when i package my application i include the CPEAUT32.DEP as part of my package. When i goto install my application on a client machine (WIN98 SE) everything installs fine except the CPEAUT32.dll (ERROR REGISTERING FILE CPEAUT32.dll).

Thankyou in advance

Midder T

What's the error number?

Go to Seagate Software and follow the links to their knowledge base. I think your problem has to do with a missing .dll that is needed as a dependancy for cpeaut. I have come across this before but don't remember the file involved.
    Paul

Error Registering File CPEAUT32.dll

Paul, thanx for your link to Seagate. I found an amswer on the page, but it still didnt work. They said yes that we know the control doesnt install but after the installation of my app to register it manualy with RegSvr32. I tried this and i got an error saying
    LOADLIBRARY("C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CPEAUT32.dll") FAILED
    GetLastError Returns 0x00000485

Would have any other ideas to this??

Thanx in advance Midder_T

Error 485 (1157 in decimal) indicates that another DLL that one is dependant upon is not found.

Error Registering File

DSJ, thankyou i shall look into the CPEAUT32.dll dependancies again

Error Registering File

DSJ, I got the dependency worked out and got it to install 100%, i now have a new problem, wheni created a report the physical database was on the C: of my dev machine, the program actualy looks at w: and i get another error saying "PHYSICAL DATABASE NOT FOUND", i looked at the Crystal Decisions and they have a post there to a MSQL Server Stored procedure, all mine is doing is looking directly at a table, any ideas to this.

Thanx in Advance Midder T