CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Submission Guide Lines

I assume that everyone has read Brad Jones' thread "Before You Post"

There is a lot of code being posted on the forum that hasn't been formatted. I would like to see people start using the code tags [code] and [/code]. Formatted code is alot easier to read!

If you'd like to get fancy, Yves M has come up with a little utility that works with your Clipboard. Currently it only has highlighting for C++ and VB, but the syntax for Java is very similar to C++ so there are only a few keywords that it will not highlight. ie finally.

The program can be downloaded from:
    http://www.codeguru.com/samples/SyntaxHlt.html
    or
    http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showth...hreadid=216655

Metaphor- 11-12-2002 03:20 AM
    And adding your own little keywords is, according to the article, not difficult at all! So, one can just add 'finally' oneself.
    Last edited by Goodz13; May 28th, 2003 at 10:59 PM.

In addition to the code tags, I'd just like to add the following...

When posting:
    Be Specific
    • Asking a general question, expect a general answer.
    • Use descriptive titles. "Help" or "Newbee question" doesn't tell you anything.

Think about what you're posting
    • Has it been asked before? Do a search on the forum.
    • Can posting code help your question? Please comment the code, and use the code tags.

Do Not Double Post Or Cross Post
    • If you haven't received any responses to your post, try asking it in a different way On The Same Thread.
    • If you think you have posted in the wrong forum, let me know and I might be able to move it.

Personal Attacks Are Not Permitted
    • Constructive criticism is ok
    • When expressing constructive criticism, please be careful. When reading something, it is easy to misinterprete what is meant.

JavaScript is not Java
    • Scripting is for JavaScript.
    • This Forum is for Java and Java related questions. ie any Java question, connecting to a DB using Java, JSP/Servlets, etc.
    • Although there is a forum for Wireles/Mobile Development, J2ME is permitted.

Misc
    • When posting code, it might be a good idea to "Disable Smilies in This Post"
    • Please don't email, or use the PM to ask a question. Don't ask people to email you. In turn, please don't email someone an answer. You never know when your question/answer might help someone else.
    • If you find the answer before someone has answered your post, how about posting your solution? Again you might help someone else in the future.
    • If you have some cool code that you would like to share, feel free to post it.

As I think of more, I'll add it.

If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Drop me a line here!

Derrick
    Last edited by Goodz13; May 20th, 2003 at 10:36 PM.