CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Property Sheets

Property Sheets

I noticed some posts out here with similar questions but my problem is a little different. I have an application that contains several taskbar buttons (main toolbar) and each of these opens a new window. One of the buttons opens property sheets (with individual controls but this isn't where the problem is). The best example would be if I click every button, say 5 buttons, and the first 4 open new windows that contain listboxes. The 5th opens preferences, which are property sheets (not my code but I have to fix this problem). Now, you click on another window, the preferences pages are now hidden. Basically, these preferences act just like a dialog box.

I have tried to use PSH_MODELESS when creating the header for the property sheets. There is one problem though. There are other dialog boxes used through the application and if I have the preferences window open and other dialog boxes, I cannot close the preferences window (property sheets) w/o closing ALL other dialog boxes in my application that are open. This isn't acceptable but I do not know what to do. This application is written in C (don't ask me why but it was).

HELP, I NEED ANYBODY'S INPUT!!!!!
    "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight" - Jack Nicholson as Joker, Batman

Is this a homework or some kind of plague of modal windows and programs written in C?
    Or maybe this is just simple coincidence:

Check this post: http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showth...hreadid=224961
    I think they are suspiciously similar.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary and those who do not.

I saw this posting (and used some of his/her wording, hopefullyt his isn't someone from my company and now I am looking really stupid) but I am not sure how to do this with property sheets. I understand if I were using a dialog box, there would be a WM_INIT, ID_CLOSE, etc. But with property sheets, I am not sure how to close them by doing what you suggest. What message would I use? I am kind lost...

"Is this a homework or some kind of plague of modal windows and programs written in C?"

Mine isn't homework, I wish it were, it wouldn't bother me. And it isn't a plague. I don't know about other posts but my company originally wrote applications in C and didn't want to migrate to anything else. They still don't but on current apps, we are allowed to use C++. Unfortunately, this is one that doesn't.

Any ideas? Sorry if my post sounded similar to other posts, I am having a similar problem but I am using property sheets. I have never used property sheets!
    "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight" - Jack Nicholson as Joker, Batman