dcsimg
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Function that convert a string to a control

Talking Function that convert a string to a control

I receive a string from user and put it in to CString variable (strUserEnter). Is it possible to create a Button that CButton ojbect is strUserEnter

CString strUserEnter;//

CButton *IsThereAnyFunctionInVCpp(strUserEnter); //After this line New button named strUserEnter has declared.

//Sorry for bad English

Thank You.

Try the function SetWindowText:

Code:
    CButton myButton;
    CString str("Button name");
    myButton.SetWindowText(str);
    Elrond
    A chess genius is a human being who focuses vast, little-understood mental gifts and labors on an ultimately trivial human enterprise.
    -- George Steiner

i think u want to craete a button at run time which i think is not possible in vc++(i am not confirmed) but the possible solution for ur problem could that u can take a button which is intiallly hidden but after getting the string from the user u can set its visible property to true and and set that string as caption of the control.

i hope this will help u to solve the immediate problem

ALL THE BEST

It is possible to create a button at run-time in VC++. I don't know if the question was here. Just remember that you have to create it using "new" if you want it to out last the function where you create it.

Changing the name of a button at run-time can be done as I said using SetWindowText.
    Elrond
    A chess genius is a human being who focuses vast, little-understood mental gifts and labors on an ultimately trivial human enterprise.
    -- George Steiner