CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Cannot Deploy Application - Run-time error '-2147217904 (80040e10)'

I have been trying to deploy a database application for over a month now, and I am at my wit's ends....I thought I had the problem licked by changing the ADO active X project reference to 2.6, but when I install from a setup package created by the package and deployment wizard, the application seemingly installs correctly, but when run, the following error is given:

Run-time error '2147217904(80040e10)'

No value given for one or more parameters

The database is Access 2000
    This error occurs on both Windows WP and Windows 2000
    I am using ADO programmatically using Jet 4.0 driver
    I installed Jet 4.0 on the XP machine after learning it is not included with that OS - still no luck
    I have updated the file mdac_typ for the setup package to 2.6 (and I also tried 2.7) - still no luck, same error
    I installed VB on the client's machine, and the app runs fine if I run an executable not installed from the setup (I know it has something to do with the packaging)

I'm still a rookie at VB and can't help thinking I am missing something obvious and key...but I have been trying on my own for some time, and I officially cave...HELP!!! I am so eager to see a solution to this, I would be eternally grateful and inclined to name my next offspring after you.

DA

I dont know if this helps, but i recognose that error message..

Lat year, I made a Will Writing program that takes instructions via a VB interface and programmatically generates a complete Last Will and Testament into Microsoft Word.

When some users clicked on 'compile' (as to compile the Will) an error message identical to yours came up.

On investigation, the error occured because my Will program was coercing Word to load and save documents that cotained macros (bookmarks).

I fixed the problem by uninstalling Norton antivirus (yes it doesnt like macos being passed between programs, and Nortons developer, Symantec wont bother doing anything about this if you go to their tech support)

Quite bizarrely, I found that Norton only disabled macros between programs what were installed AFTER norton itself ewas installed.

I think what you are trying to do is send a macro between two programs, and there is something preventing it.

Hope that helps.

Jason.

Thanks for your reply...actually my scenario is simple in comparison to your example....I am just connecting to an Access 2000 database...ALTHOUGH...you have lead me to investigate a path not yet fully explored...Maybe there is an issue with the database itself....I have been assuming thus far that the underlying issue is dll related, but maybe the dll calls are fine, but the database itself does not like something....maybe I am beginning to grasp at straws???!...maybe it is time to rest and let fresh eyes look again later...thanks again

DA