CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: IE can't count?

IE can't count?

Hello,

Do we have ANY control over how the browser obtains it's data from the HTML source?

What order it dowloads images in, or how long to wait between downloads from the HTML? Or how about any error catching when it's not able to get an image - like telling it to try another location or wait a while and try again?

For example, I have a web page that have 20 more images on it. I want them to load in a particular order, with a given amount of buffer time in between each load. If it has trouble obtaining any of them, it checks somewhere else for the image.

Is this possible?

Just guessing but have you tried to set the source using MyImage.src = "xxxx.xx" ? If this works then you could use setTimeout() to stagger the loading of the images. I think you can then check the status of MyImage.complete, if it is true then it loaded ok.

There is a complete() function on the Image control? I can't find any documentation on it; but that sure would be handy. Does it return false if the image is not found and it places a red X instead?

Do you happen to know where I can find some good documentation on that? I do a search on yahoo/google for "javascript complete" and I get everything except for what i'm looking for.

Correct. On an image object, you can read the complete property to see if an image load is complete. This boolean property will return either a true or false.

if (document.images['myimage'].complete == false) {
    // the image didn't load for some reason
    }

Note that this is a property, not a method, so you do not include parenthesis ()