Please post here your ideas about the rules of the game. The basic ideas include:
- Move into any of the 8 directions in the grid or stand still.
- Harvest food from a food resource.
- Attack each other, which would cost some resources. Maybe get resources if they manage to kill another creature.
- Duplicate themselves (i.e. breeding), which costs resources as well.
- Die as a result of an attack, a natural hazard or lack of food.
- Scan their environment for sources of food / foes / hazards.
This list is not comprehensive and further ideas are welcome. The world itself will be a grid with some wall tiles, some food tiles, some hazard tiles (things like holes would be static, but stuff like fire could move and spread).