January 15th, 2003, 09:27 AM
Please post here your ideas about the rules of the game. The basic ideas include:
- Move into any of the 8 directions in the grid or stand still.
- Harvest food from a food resource.
- Attack each other, which would cost some resources. Maybe get resources if they manage to kill another creature.
- Duplicate themselves (i.e. breeding), which costs resources as well.
- Die as a result of an attack, a natural hazard or lack of food.
- Scan their environment for sources of food / foes / hazards.
This list is not comprehensive and further ideas are welcome. The world itself will be a grid with some wall tiles, some food tiles, some hazard tiles (things like holes would be static, but stuff like fire could move and spread).
Get this small utility
to do basic syntax highlighting in vBulletin forums (like Codeguru) easily.
Supports C++ and VB out of the box, but can be configured for other languages.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width
This is a CodeGuru survey question.