February 14th, 2003, 03:42 AM
C++ String: What types of strings are there?
Q: What types of strings are there?
- 'char*' -> this is also called a C-style string, or an ANSI string.
- 'wchar_t*' -> this is wide character string, i.e. an 'unsigned short*'
- 'CString' -> this is a string wrapper class, which is part of the Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC).
- 'std::string' -> this is a Standard C++ Class wrapping a char string. It is part of the Standard Template Library, or STL.
- 'std::wstring' -> this is a Standard C++ Class wrapping a wchar_t string. It is part of the Standard Template Library, or STL.
- 'BSTR' -> this known as basic string or binary string, and is a pointer to a wide character string used by Automation data manipulation functions.
Last edited by Andreas Masur; July 24th, 2005 at 06:55 AM.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width
This is a CodeGuru survey question.