The Boring Thread - Page 114
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 114 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1464104111112113114115116117124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2341

Thread: The Boring Thread

  1. #1696
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    813

    Re: The Boring Thread

    **yawn**

    I hate monday mornings...
    Microsoft LVP - Least Valuable Professional

    Please rate this post... Pleeeeeeaaassee!!!

  2. #1697
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In the back seat of New Horizons.
    Posts
    1,238

    Re: The Boring Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Deniz
    **yawn**

    I hate monday mornings...
    It's still evening here .
    Here are the rules, you must obey them or the gender bender will get you.

    And if you ever think of posting without code-tags, the evil monkey will come after you.

  3. #1698
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    813

    Re: The Boring Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YourSurrogateGod
    It's still evening here .
    Yea, your yet to face monday morning whereas I wont have to for another week

    hmm... boring thread, what can i say boring? knight E-7 check.
    Microsoft LVP - Least Valuable Professional

    Please rate this post... Pleeeeeeaaassee!!!

  4. #1699
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In the back seat of New Horizons.
    Posts
    1,238

    Re: The Boring Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Deniz
    Yea, your yet to face monday morning whereas I wont have to for another week

    hmm... boring thread, what can i say boring? knight E-7 check.
    Ahh... but I can sleep in until 9:30 tomorrow , so it's not soooooo bad.
    Here are the rules, you must obey them or the gender bender will get you.

    And if you ever think of posting without code-tags, the evil monkey will come after you.

  5. #1700
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    813

    Re: The Boring Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YourSurrogateGod
    Ahh... but I can sleep in until 9:30 tomorrow , so it's not soooooo bad.

    Yeah well, some of us have to work for a living...
    Microsoft LVP - Least Valuable Professional

    Please rate this post... Pleeeeeeaaassee!!!

  6. #1701
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In the back seat of New Horizons.
    Posts
    1,238

    Re: The Boring Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Deniz
    Yeah well, some of us have to work for a living...
    Been there... wasn't thrilling... went back to college...
    Here are the rules, you must obey them or the gender bender will get you.

    And if you ever think of posting without code-tags, the evil monkey will come after you.

  7. #1702
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    813

    Re: The Boring Thread

    well, i gotta show at 9AM every weekday, I got a sports car to pay off you know... grumble grumble...
    Microsoft LVP - Least Valuable Professional

    Please rate this post... Pleeeeeeaaassee!!!

  8. #1703
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    813

    Re: The Boring Thread

    err... pawn A4... **zzzzzz**
    Microsoft LVP - Least Valuable Professional

    Please rate this post... Pleeeeeeaaassee!!!

  9. #1704
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Timisoara, Romania
    Posts
    14,360

    Can someone explain me this?

    I was always puzzled by the American grade system (in schools). In most parts of the world, grades are given as numbers. In Romania they range from 1 to 10, thus making easy the computation of the average (say 9,9 and 10 make 9.66). One must have the average greater or equal to 5 to pass. But how is the average calculated when grades are letters (A-F)? And what is the condition to pass?
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

    I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

  10. #1705
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia ***Epoch: Timeless***
    Posts
    560

    Re: Can someone explain me this?

    Quote Originally Posted by cilu
    I was always puzzled by the American grade system (in schools). In most parts of the world, grades are given as numbers. In Romania they range from 1 to 10, thus making easy the computation of the average (say 9,9 and 10 make 9.66). One must have the average greater or equal to 5 to pass. But how is the average calculated when grades are letters (A-F)? And what is the condition to pass?
    Things are traditionally graded out of 100, or if not, then usually the score is converted to a percent. The levels vary from institution to institution, but generally 60-69 is a D, 70-79 is a C, 80-89 is a B, and 90-100 is an A, making approximately 60% the very minimum score needed to pass.
    SolarFlare

    Those who cling to life die and those who defy death live. -Sun Tzu

    cout << endl;
    return 0;
    }

  11. #1706
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    813

    Re: The Boring Thread

    Its easy.

    Theres A grade shrimp. Theres B grade shrimp. Theres Tiger shrimp. King Shrimp. Long-armed shrimp. Fan shrimp. Algae-eating shrimp. Ghost shrimp. Pigme Shrimp. Black tiger shrimp. Super jumbo shrimp. Jumbo shrimp. Gulf of Mexico shrimp.

    Then theres Freshwater shrimp. Amano Shrimp. Brine Shrimp. Bumble Bee Shrimp. Clam Shrimp. Fairy Shrimp. Ghost Shrimp. Rainbow Shrimp. Red Cherry Shrimp. Red-Fronted Shrimp. Scuds Shrimp. Seed Shrimp. Tadpole Shrimp. Wood Shrimp.

    Get the picture?
    Microsoft LVP - Least Valuable Professional

    Please rate this post... Pleeeeeeaaassee!!!

  12. #1707
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Timisoara, Romania
    Posts
    14,360

    Re: Can someone explain me this?

    Quote Originally Posted by SolarFlare
    Things are traditionally graded out of 100, or if not, then usually the score is converted to a percent. The levels vary from institution to institution, but generally 60-69 is a D, 70-79 is a C, 80-89 is a B, and 90-100 is an A, making approximately 60% the very minimum score needed to pass.
    So I guess E is 50-59 and F 40-49... But I don't get how someone decides to transform D in a number when it varies from 60 to 69. I mean, it's teacher/professor's decision or there is a rule, in School S1, D is 65, in School S2 D is 69...?
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

    I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

  13. #1708
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Timisoara, Romania
    Posts
    14,360

    Re: The Boring Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Deniz
    Get the picture?
    Yes, the motion picture is Forrest Gump. I've seen it 5 times already...
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

    I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

  14. #1709
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia ***Epoch: Timeless***
    Posts
    560

    Re: Can someone explain me this?

    Quote Originally Posted by cilu
    So I guess E is 50-59 and F 40-49... But I don't get how someone decides to transform D in a number when it varies from 60 to 69. I mean, it's teacher/professor's decision or there is a rule, in School S1, D is 65, in School S2 D is 69...?
    There is no 'E'. Long story short, well, let's just leave it at that. 'F' is 0-59, and results in no credit at all for the course.

    The exact numbers vary from school to school, and then again from professor to professor .
    SolarFlare

    Those who cling to life die and those who defy death live. -Sun Tzu

    cout << endl;
    return 0;
    }

  15. #1710
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Maryland - Fear The Turtle!
    Posts
    7,537

    Re: The Boring Thread

    In my hood all we had to do to pass was show up alive...

    /G's up...

Page 114 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1464104111112113114115116117124 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows Mobile Development Center


Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

This is a CodeGuru survey question.


Featured


HTML5 Development Center