The Boring Thread - Page 4
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 4 of 157 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 2341

Thread: The Boring Thread

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,747
    I think depression is more like exhaustion than boredom. Often depression equates with not wanting / being able to deal with the circumstances of one's life (a serotonergic reaction), whereas boredom is more like wanting to deal with circumstances that aren't there (a dopaminergic reaction). I could write a 40 page essay on the distinction here. I'm sure I could make it topical...
    */*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

    "It's hard to believe in something you don't understand." -- the sidhi X-files episode

    galathaea: prankster, fablist, magician, liar

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Maryland - Fear The Turtle!
    Posts
    7,537
    Originally posted by galathaea
    I think depression is more like exhaustion than boredom. Often depression equates with not wanting / being able to deal with the circumstances of one's life (a serotonergic reaction), whereas boredom is more like wanting to deal with circumstances that aren't there (a dopaminergic reaction). I could write a 40 page essay on the distinction here. I'm sure I could make it topical...
    It's a boring thread. Why not

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    862
    I just wish they had more Curling on TV. There is nothing as exciting as seing them sweep the ice. Too bad they don't use brooms anymore.
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

    Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

    Robots are trying to steal my luggage.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    862
    Originally posted by souldog
    I HAVE A BURNING NEED TO SEE MY EYES! CAN WE FOREVER ONLY PEER INTO A REFLECTION OF OR SOULS!
    Answer: Maybe.
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

    Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

    Robots are trying to steal my luggage.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Maryland - Fear The Turtle!
    Posts
    7,537
    Originally posted by Tom Frohman
    I just wish they had more Curling on TV. There is nothing as exciting as seing them sweep the ice. Too bad they don't use brooms anymore.

    Watch bowling on espn.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia ***Epoch: Timeless***
    Posts
    560
    Now on ESPN: X-treme poker!

    Watch as your favorite mob stars go at it. When lenny drops down a full house, will Merriam get suspicious? Which holster will he pull his pistol from? How many back-up men does he have? Will Lenny discover Merriam was cheating anyway? All these questions and more will be answered tonight at 8pm - prime time!
    SolarFlare

    Those who cling to life die and those who defy death live. -Sun Tzu

    cout << endl;
    return 0;
    }

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Maryland - Fear The Turtle!
    Posts
    7,537
    Originally posted by solarflare
    Now on ESPN: X-treme poker!

    Watch as your favorite mob stars go at it. When lenny drops down a full house, will Merriam get suspicious? Which holster will he pull his pistol from? How many back-up men does he have? Will Lenny discover Merriam was cheating anyway? All these questions and more will be answered tonight at 8pm - prime time!
    Ok so they actually did have the poker championships on espn, this was a couple of weeks ago...I watched it.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    862
    Poker on ESPN can't hold a candle to the US Full-Contact Scrabble championships. And why doesn't pumpkin chunking get as much news coverage as the NCAA basketball tournament? Coincidence? I don't think so.
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

    Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

    Robots are trying to steal my luggage.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    862
    Yesterday, the chipmunks had stripped all the kernels off of the ear of field corn I gave them. So you know what I did??
    I gave them another ear of corn!
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

    Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

    Robots are trying to steal my luggage.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia ***Epoch: Timeless***
    Posts
    560
    Originally posted by Mick_2002
    Ok so they actually did have the poker championships on espn, this was a couple of weeks ago...I watched it.
    Oh... ummm... how embarassing. Okay, please reinterpret my previous post to be even more outlandish.
    SolarFlare

    Those who cling to life die and those who defy death live. -Sun Tzu

    cout << endl;
    return 0;
    }

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    862
    It's raining this morning.
    There was a queue of drenched wet squirrels waiting to eat hazelnuts on my balcony.

    "Waiter! The service here is terrible."
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

    Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

    Robots are trying to steal my luggage.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Maryland - Fear The Turtle!
    Posts
    7,537
    Originally posted by Tom Frohman
    It's raining this morning.
    There was a queue of drenched wet squirrels waiting to eat hazelnuts on my balcony.

    "Waiter! The service here is terrible."
    I just have deer grazing in the yard every morning, not on the balcony though, that would be entertaining. They are boring to watch, sometimes I open the door just to watch them run, now that's fun.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    862
    Originally posted by Mick_2002
    They are boring to watch, sometimes I open the door just to watch them run, now that's fun.
    Doesn't sound boring to me. I'm sure it is more interesting than the War Developments, Paranoid Drivel and Unsubstantiated Garbage thread.
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

    Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

    Robots are trying to steal my luggage.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Maryland - Fear The Turtle!
    Posts
    7,537
    Originally posted by Tom Frohman


    Doesn't sound boring to me. I'm sure it is more interesting than the War Developments, Paranoid Drivel and Unsubstantiated Garbage thread.
    Yes yes, they have a couple sanctuaries to run to, where the bad bad man can't shoot shoot shoot them. The current crop is hmm 9, 3 does and 6 little squirts...I think the dominat buck is in heaven right now. Though sometimes, driving home and seeing bambi as roadkill, makes me think to myself, well at least it wasn't thumper...

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    3,863
    Originally posted by Mick_2002


    Yes yes, they have a couple sanctuaries to run to, where the bad bad man can't shoot shoot shoot them. The current crop is hmm 9, 3 does and 6 little squirts...I think the dominat buck is in heaven right now. Though sometimes, driving home and seeing bambi as roadkill, makes me think to myself, well at least it wasn't thumper...

    With every post it becomes more and more clear that you are indeed a bleeding heart....
    Wakeup in the morning and kick the day in the teeth!! Or something like that.

    "i don't want to write leak free code or most efficient code, like others traditional (so called expert) coders do."

Page 4 of 157 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows Mobile Development Center


Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

This is a CodeGuru survey question.


Featured


HTML5 Development Center