The Boring Thread - Page 50
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 50 of 157 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360100150 ... LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 2341

Thread: The Boring Thread

  1. #736
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Maryland - Fear The Turtle!
    Posts
    7,537
    I've been too helpful today, must commit some violence tonight to even out my karma.

  2. #737
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia ***Epoch: Timeless***
    Posts
    560
    Speaking of the huge blackout, I was neither the cause nor among the victims. Yet it seems to have worked its way here... we had a(n unrelated) blackout last night, man I didn't get to save that game I was in the middle of .
    SolarFlare

    Those who cling to life die and those who defy death live. -Sun Tzu

    cout << endl;
    return 0;
    }

  3. #738
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Maryland - Fear The Turtle!
    Posts
    7,537
    Originally posted by solarflare
    Speaking of the huge blackout, I was neither the cause nor among the victims. Yet it seems to have worked its way here... we had a(n unrelated) blackout last night, man I didn't get to save that game I was in the middle of .
    Heh heh, save often...don't you just hate that saying Had a cookout last night, so even if the power went out no worries...beer food horseshoes, but I am suprised that more people haven't been hit by rolling blackouts, since you know people had the darn AC/fridge every light on in the house, when the tricity came back on....

  4. #739
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    860
    I have a program to adapt a **** ******** ******** of a system in the ******* domain and it doesn't work even though my calculations say it should work. What should I do now?

    Note: For security reasons the terms above have been obscured to protect the author from ridicule.

    Answer: It's Miller Time!.....
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

    Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

    Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. -Cicero

  5. #740
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Maryland - Fear The Turtle!
    Posts
    7,537
    Originally posted by Tom Frohman
    I have a program to adapt a **** ******** ******** of a system in the ******* domain and it doesn't work even though my calculations say it should work. What should I do now?

    Note: For security reasons the terms above have been obscured to protect the author from ridicule.

    Answer: It's Miller Time!.....
    It's times like those that I always revert to self-gratification...

    /Sleeps like a baby.

  6. #741
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    860
    <---Check out that number of posts.

    Member +
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

    Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

    Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. -Cicero

  7. #742
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Maryland - Fear The Turtle!
    Posts
    7,537
    Originally posted by Tom Frohman
    <---Check out that number of posts.

    Member +
    When you get to eLiTe look me up... I feel so gosh darn eLiTiSt

  8. #743
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,747
    After much wait, I have finally seen Bowling for Columbine.

    On a completely unrelated note, have you guys seen the news about SCO and the code it displayed in Vegas concerning its Linux lawsuit being fragments from before SCO even existed? Not that it changes anything from the legal point of ownership, just thought it might be relevant to this thread.
    */*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

    "It's hard to believe in something you don't understand." -- the sidhi X-files episode

    galathaea: prankster, fablist, magician, liar

  9. #744
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Maryland - Fear The Turtle!
    Posts
    7,537
    Originally posted by galathaea
    After much wait, I have finally seen Bowling for Columbine.
    Yea how was Moores drivel? Roger and Me was pretty funny though Please your un-biased tree hugging opinion

    On a completely unrelated note, have you guys seen the news about SCO and the code it displayed in Vegas concerning its Linux lawsuit being fragments from before SCO even existed? Not that it changes anything from the legal point of ownership, just thought it might be relevant to this thread.
    Yea, umm wasn't it posted in photoshoped Greek characters, which hmm really confused the technical crowd for three seconds, in other words, it was ancient code that really hurt SCO's claims...

    Meanwhile, the CEO's and higher ups reap the rewards by dumping stock (which they have done, surprise!) that shot up because of this little drama?

    I'm sure the Peanuts (tm) crowd will be more than happy to edge outta the woodwork on this one

  10. #745
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,747
    Originally posted by Mick_2003
    Yea how was Moores drivel? Roger and Me was pretty funny though Please your un-biased tree hugging opinion
    I don't really have any unbiased opinions. It was a great documentary. It was only about gun-control superficially. It really was a look at the American fascination with violence and the use of fear as a tactic by power structures to boost consumerism. It explored quite intelligently the fact that some other countries, such as Canada, have a large number of firearms distributed throughout its population and still have gun-related deaths per annum that are 10 to several hundreds of times lower than found in the US. It followed the US government's use of force in recent history and made many connections with the power structures that benefitted and the ways in which the US society has adapted its psychology to accept their foreign policy. Even the interview with Charleton Heston which many found objectionable never went into the topic of gun control. It instead consisted merely of Moore pointing to the statistics of other countries (some of which do not have significant gun-control) and questioning why American society, which has in many cases a less-violent history politically, has such high numbers of gun-related deaths each year.

    In my (biased) opinion, it was very intelligently done. There were only a few points where objectivity was lost (one place concerning K-Mart seemed a bit too critical on the corporation which appeared to respond quite reasonably to the particular circumstance). I think it is definitely a powerful movie, but since I noticed that yesterday was its first day out for rental, and its shelf was still almost completely full whereas Chicago (also released yesterday) was completely rented out, I doubt it will be that important of a movie.
    */*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

    "It's hard to believe in something you don't understand." -- the sidhi X-files episode

    galathaea: prankster, fablist, magician, liar

  11. #746
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Maryland - Fear The Turtle!
    Posts
    7,537
    Originally posted by galathaea
    I don't really have any unbiased opinions. It was a great documentary. It was only about gun-control superficially. It really was a look at the American fascination with violence and the use of fear as a tactic by power structures to boost consumerism. It explored quite intelligently the fact that some other countries, such as Canada, have a large number of firearms distributed throughout its population and still have gun-related deaths per annum that are 10 to several hundreds of times lower than found in the US. It followed the US government's use of force in recent history and made many connections with the power structures that benefitted and the ways in which the US society has adapted its psychology to accept their foreign policy. Even the interview with Charleton Heston which many found objectionable never went into the topic of gun control. It instead consisted merely of Moore pointing to the statistics of other countries (some of which do not have significant gun-control) and questioning why American society, which has in many cases a less-violent history politically, has such high numbers of gun-related deaths each year.

    In my (biased) opinion, it was very intelligently done. There were only a few points where objectivity was lost (one place concerning K-Mart seemed a bit too critical on the corporation which appeared to respond quite reasonably to the particular circumstance). I think it is definitely a powerful movie, but since I noticed that yesterday was its first day out for rental, and its shelf was still almost completely full whereas Chicago (also released yesterday) was completely rented out, I doubt it will be that important of a movie.
    Ack and I thought I'd get more out of the peanuts (linux(I'm really UN*X lite) drivel). Actually, I'll see the movie one day Usually, I'm up on this crap, but the bias from both sides, might dim my humour. The freaking rabbit crap in Roger and Me had me hitting the bong all night, ok not the bong but the beer MY buds where hitting the bong.

    Can we start a cry me the river it's so OpenSource Linux thread? OpenSource? OpenSource, ohh how the tools come out of the tool shop, for any of you tools that worked on every UN*X box in the early 90's coding, cry me a f;'ing river on their OPENSOURCE, just like LINUX will go, shut the fark up, I don't recall penetrating any WINDOZE boxes at harvard and Udel, JHU/APL (yea get in there freakers) to run my chat software in 92...clowns...as soon s you get the market, we'll own your _a_s_s...wOOt...ohh oohh there are no viruses or worms for Linux, I'm so safe...ohh ooh, I think I just spewed in my jeans....

    /Always the clowns...it takes you clowns to make me give you the big

  12. #747
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    860
    Slow day today. No posts in the last few hours besides Mick's latest attempt to get banned.
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

    Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

    Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. -Cicero

  13. #748
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Maryland - Fear The Turtle!
    Posts
    7,537
    Originally posted by Tom Frohman
    Slow day today. No posts in the last few hours besides Mick's latest attempt to get banned.
    no one seems to care??? What do I need to do???

  14. #749
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia ***Epoch: Timeless***
    Posts
    560
    I'm sure you can think of somethin.g
    SolarFlare

    Those who cling to life die and those who defy death live. -Sun Tzu

    cout << endl;
    return 0;
    }

  15. #750
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Maryland - Fear The Turtle!
    Posts
    7,537
    Originally posted by solarflare
    I'm sure you can think of somethin.g
    Well do I get an A for effort?

Page 50 of 157 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360100150 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Azure Activities Information Page

Windows Mobile Development Center


Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

This is a CodeGuru survey question.


Featured


HTML5 Development Center