CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 4 of 159 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast
    I think depression is more like exhaustion than boredom. Often depression equates with not wanting / being able to deal with the circumstances of one's life (a serotonergic reaction), whereas boredom is more like wanting to deal with circumstances that aren't there (a dopaminergic reaction). I could write a 40 page essay on the distinction here. I'm sure I could make it topical...
    */*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

"It's hard to believe in something you don't understand." -- the sidhi X-files episode

galathaea: prankster, fablist, magician, liar

Originally posted by galathaea
    I think depression is more like exhaustion than boredom. Often depression equates with not wanting / being able to deal with the circumstances of one's life (a serotonergic reaction), whereas boredom is more like wanting to deal with circumstances that aren't there (a dopaminergic reaction). I could write a 40 page essay on the distinction here. I'm sure I could make it topical...
    It's a boring thread. Why not

I just wish they had more Curling on TV. There is nothing as exciting as seing them sweep the ice. Too bad they don't use brooms anymore.
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

Robots are trying to steal my luggage.

Originally posted by souldog
    I HAVE A BURNING NEED TO SEE MY EYES! CAN WE FOREVER ONLY PEER INTO A REFLECTION OF OR SOULS!
    Answer: Maybe.

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by Tom Frohman
    I just wish they had more Curling on TV. There is nothing as exciting as seing them sweep the ice. Too bad they don't use brooms anymore.

Watch bowling on espn.

Now on ESPN: X-treme poker!

Watch as your favorite mob stars go at it. When lenny drops down a full house, will Merriam get suspicious? Which holster will he pull his pistol from? How many back-up men does he have? Will Lenny discover Merriam was cheating anyway? All these questions and more will be answered tonight at 8pm - prime time!
    SolarFlare

Those who cling to life die and those who defy death live. -Sun Tzu

cout << endl;
    return 0;
    }

Originally posted by solarflare
    Now on ESPN: X-treme poker!

Watch as your favorite mob stars go at it. When lenny drops down a full house, will Merriam get suspicious? Which holster will he pull his pistol from? How many back-up men does he have? Will Lenny discover Merriam was cheating anyway? All these questions and more will be answered tonight at 8pm - prime time!
    Ok so they actually did have the poker championships on espn, this was a couple of weeks ago...I watched it.

Poker on ESPN can't hold a candle to the US Full-Contact Scrabble championships. And why doesn't pumpkin chunking get as much news coverage as the NCAA basketball tournament? Coincidence? I don't think so.

Yesterday, the chipmunks had stripped all the kernels off of the ear of field corn I gave them. So you know what I did??
    I gave them another ear of corn!

Originally posted by Mick_2002
    Ok so they actually did have the poker championships on espn, this was a couple of weeks ago...I watched it.
    Oh... ummm... how embarassing. Okay, please reinterpret my previous post to be even more outlandish.
    SolarFlare

Those who cling to life die and those who defy death live. -Sun Tzu

cout << endl;
    return 0;
    }

It's raining this morning.
    There was a queue of drenched wet squirrels waiting to eat hazelnuts on my balcony.

"Waiter! The service here is terrible."

It's raining this morning.
    There was a queue of drenched wet squirrels waiting to eat hazelnuts on my balcony.

"Waiter! The service here is terrible."
    I just have deer grazing in the yard every morning, not on the balcony though, that would be entertaining. They are boring to watch, sometimes I open the door just to watch them run, now that's fun.

They are boring to watch, sometimes I open the door just to watch them run, now that's fun.
    Doesn't sound boring to me. I'm sure it is more interesting than the War Developments, Paranoid Drivel and Unsubstantiated Garbage thread.

Doesn't sound boring to me. I'm sure it is more interesting than the War Developments, Paranoid Drivel and Unsubstantiated Garbage thread.
    Yes yes, they have a couple sanctuaries to run to, where the bad bad man can't shoot shoot shoot them. The current crop is hmm 9, 3 does and 6 little squirts...I think the dominat buck is in heaven right now. Though sometimes, driving home and seeing bambi as roadkill, makes me think to myself, well at least it wasn't thumper...

Yes yes, they have a couple sanctuaries to run to, where the bad bad man can't shoot shoot shoot them. The current crop is hmm 9, 3 does and 6 little squirts...I think the dominat buck is in heaven right now. Though sometimes, driving home and seeing bambi as roadkill, makes me think to myself, well at least it wasn't thumper...

With every post it becomes more and more clear that you are indeed a bleeding heart....
    Wakeup in the morning and kick the day in the teeth!! Or something like that.

"i don't want to write leak free code or most efficient code, like others traditional (so called expert) coders do."

Page 4 of 159 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast