CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 45 of 159 FirstFirst ... 35424344454647485595145 ... LastLast
    yep, it belongs here.

My biggest problem with laundry is getting out those ground in grass stains. Getting them out of my eyebrows is near impossible.
    I can't hold my breath long enough to do a whole wash cycle and the spin cycle makes Cedar Point look wimpy.
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

Robots are trying to steal my luggage.

Originally posted by Tom Frohman
    yep, it belongs here.

My biggest problem with laundry is getting out those ground in grass stains. Getting them out of my eyebrows is near impossible.
    I can't hold my breath long enough to do a whole wash cycle and the spin cycle makes Cedar Point look wimpy.
    You can take pinks approach and just shave them off.

I wonder, would it be considered bad from to prostitute myself for employment in my signature?

Sadly yes I am looking for a Job...fundings gone, contracts are gone....and all the jobs in my area are either boring looking or require a current active top secret clearance.

Hmm I've always wanted to start a new career as a male gigolo maybe now is the time..where's my tassel.

Originally posted by Mick_2002

Sadly yes I am looking for a Job...fundings gone, contracts are gone....and all the jobs in my area are either boring looking or require a current active top secret clearance.
    Well, Mick, I wish U Good Luck!

PS: ... hey U can organize your own company and then your first step can be to give me a job in it

mail gigolo hm... but XXX macho somewhere at redpersonals.com
    could be better
    :just a joke:
    "UNIX is simple; it just takes a genius to understand its simplicity!"

Xeon is offline Want me to ban you?! Power Poster

Cool

From MiCk:
    WHAT????? MiCk got retrenched?????!!!!!
    "Hell is calling for you!" - Rufus, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

"I'm getting tired of you devils.....finishing strike......Final Blast!" - Arngrim, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

Originally posted by Xeon
    From MiCk:

WHAT????? MiCk got retrenched?????!!!!!
    Nah, actually my company went under a while back, just been doing odd projects (the reason I can spend more time on codeguru these past weeks) just kinda took a long vacation. Not much in the kernel development going on around here. Don't get me wrong, I've talked to plenty of recuriters, my personal recruiter that I used for years closed up shop 2 years ago, and looked at a couple of jobs, but they are unchallenging and boring, I can't work for a company where I'm not eager to go to work each day. That and I get the usual _a_s_sHats calling asking, hey I've got a job for you in california, and I'm like hey, no you don't...

There is a dark horse in the running though, an intrustion detection company that is like right down the road from where I use to work, problem is they are a UN*X shop, and it's been 8 years since I coded under UN*X. Probably talk to them monday.

But on the bright side, I got to take my development machines home, so I've got 10K+ in hardward at home, and the software licences (even though I can't transfer them) ranks somewhere up in there in thousands....hmm rational was 10 grand alone as I recall..but that was an enterpise wide license I believe.

Smile

From MiCk:
    But on the bright side, I got to take my development machines home, so I've got 10K+ in hardward at home, and the software licences (even though I can't transfer them) ranks somewhere up in there in thousands....hmm rational was 10 grand alone as I recall..but that was an enterpise wide license I believe.
    Awesome, MiCk!!!!!!
    Maybe that's their retrenchment pay for you?

Eddie Murphy has just starred in this new movie called "Daddy Day Care".....it's about 2 fathers getting retrenched and they setup a day-care centre for kids.

Maybe you gotta setup a sex club in MaryLand?(MerryLand???!!! )
    I would support you fully, MiCk!!!!!!

"I'm getting tired of you devils.....finishing strike......Final Blast!" - Arngrim, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

From MiCk:

Awesome, MiCk!!!!!!
    Maybe that's their retrenchment pay for you?

Eddie Murphy has just starred in this new movie called "Daddy Day Care".....it's about 2 fathers getting retrenched and they setup a day-care centre for kids.

Maybe you gotta setup a sex club in MaryLand?(MerryLand???!!! )
    I would support you fully, MiCk!!!!!!
    I gotta ask even though I already know, what the fark is retrenchment, is this another of those penis enlargement things that I get thru email?

The guys I worked for were a class act, and yea the company owed me money in terms of salary, but I didn't care...the machines were a nice bonus though. Should have asked for one of the servers in retrospect

but alas it's not the end of the world...see: born with a silver spoon in my mouth....ahh capitalism the evil of the world

Cool

From MiCk:
    I gotta ask even though I already know, what the fark is retrenchment, is this another of those penis enlargement things that I get thru email?
    Ah MiCk.......retrenchment means the pulling back of the foreskin of the errr......something like a new version of circumcision.

No no.....I'm suprised you dunno what is 'retrenchment'.

The word simply means "sacked by your employers in harsh times during the bad economy".

An airline company that keeps suffering losses will need to sack some of it's staff to ensure it's own survival, and that process of sacking people(the less productive ones) is called "retrenchment".

From MiCk:

Ah MiCk.......retrenchment means the pulling back of the foreskin of the errr......something like a new version of circumcision.

No no.....I'm suprised you dunno what is 'retrenchment'.

The word simply means "sacked by your employers in harsh times during the bad economy".

An airline company that keeps suffering losses will need to sack some of it's staff to ensure it's own survival, and that process of sacking people(the less productive ones) is called "retrenchment".
    ahh...sorry it must be because I'm circumcised...theres a bit of information that everyone needs to know right?

And startup companies usually go belly up, as was the case, so to say everyone got retrenched

Tonight is one of those nights where you say, glad I saved up that bail money...Tonight the Bills take on the Ravens...not sure who I want to win, doesn't really matter, it means beerage, foodage, chickage and maybe jailage...which is where the bail money comes in....

Wish me luck...

I passed go, and did not go to jail...whoo hooo....wOOt....

Now I must say this, I saw the stupidest thing ever, after a great play to score a touchdown, brain I'm not a good coach billick...decides lets go for 2 points instead of tying the game, needless to say, the bills won....what a a_s_s_Hat...

In other news..way to go sweeds...

Aug 10 1628
    To assist in the war with Poland, Swedish King Gustavus Adolphus builds a magnificent warship, the Vasa, with 64 bronze cannon on two tiers. But on its maiden voyage, the lower gunports are accidentally left open, and the ship immediately sinks to the bottom of Stockholm harbor. The ship remains submerged until it's raised in 1961 to become a tourist attraction.

Aug 10 1966

Last words of James French, sent to the Electric Chair by the state of Oklahoma: "How about this for a headline for tomorrow's paper? FRENCH FRIES."

Is it just me or do you ever feel like somebody is always sitting there, waiting to comment after you comment in the VC++ threads? Am I that popular?

/You know what you are - Ministry

Well I just finished setting up two more computers. No I am sitting here looking at four computers running.

One with XP, one with W2K, one with Redhat 9.0 and one with FreeBSD.

hmmm... Now what the h_e_l_l do I do
    Wakeup in the morning and kick the day in the teeth!! Or something like that.

"i don't want to write leak free code or most efficient code, like others traditional (so called expert) coders do."

Page 45 of 159 FirstFirst ... 35424344454647485595145 ... LastLast