CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 7 of 159 FirstFirst ... 456789101757107 ... LastLast
    I was under the impression that Galathea was from the non-existent state of California.
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

Robots are trying to steal my luggage.

Eww... personal information sux. But if it shall be known, I am currently situated in the very real Reno, NV, where, as the bumperstickers proclaim "dreams come to die".
    */*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

"It's hard to believe in something you don't understand." -- the sidhi X-files episode

galathaea: prankster, fablist, magician, liar

Originally posted by galathaea
    Eww... personal information sux. But if it shall be known, I am currently situated in the very real Reno, NV, where, as the bumperstickers proclaim "dreams come to die".
    Reno? That's boring

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by Tom Frohman

Reno? That's boring
    Not if you have a chicken ranch menu

Needless to say, my only trip to the fine state of nevada was Las Vegas...and well it was boring, entertaining, but boring at the same time.
    Last edited by Mick; April 7th, 2003 at 06:50 PM.

There's a nice underground art community in Vegas. Everyone knows everyone, though, and they're all scrambling to make it, which makes it rather exclusive. And half of them are on heroin...
    */*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

"It's hard to believe in something you don't understand." -- the sidhi X-files episode

galathaea: prankster, fablist, magician, liar

I find it boring to catch up on a couple of pages of C++ problems in the visual forum...mostly because if you reply to one, you are brought back to the first page, so I got bored.

Originally posted by Mick_2002
    Needless to say, my only trip to the fine state of nevada was Las Vegas...and well it was boring, entertaining, but boring at the same time.
    I went to Las Vegas in January. I really enjoyed myself. I went to see magicians: Lance Burton, Mac King, Ric Thomas..
    Saw the Cirque du Soleil too.

Could care less about gambling and showgirls.

Was in Reno for about 1 hour about 4 years ago. I drove from Laurel, MD to Berkely, CA. It was raining cats and dogs. We came through Reno hours before the river overflowed and closed the highway.

Originally posted by galathaea
    There's a nice underground art community in Vegas. Everyone knows everyone, though, and they're all scrambling to make it, which makes it rather exclusive. And half of them are on heroin...
    The only time I was in vegas it was 115 degrees, ahh but it was a dry heat. I do say anyone that takes the roller coaster at the top of the spire is nuts...I heard it got demolished though some years ago...ahh, all I know is my destination was on Maryland street...it was rather...strange...the hilton was cheap though, it was like 30 bucks a night...but I wasn't paying so what did I care, well other than having to explain that entertainment expense that was billed

How boring...

I spent a boring hour searching hi and low, mostly low for pictures of my backyard....liberty reservoir...all the pictures were depressing showing the drought days...now it's so full and brimming, I'd be 30 feet under water right now if I walked (swam) out to my fishing hole of last summer. I need to get me one of them new fangled devices Tom has...

Liberty Reservoir. All of a sudden it hits me. Is this where Frank Cho got the name of Liberty Meadows?

Originally posted by Tom Frohman
    Liberty Reservoir. All of a sudden it hits me. Is this where Frank Cho got the name of Liberty Meadows?
    Hmm I don't know, but it does make sense, assuming your talking about the cartoon strip, monkey boy.

I am tired and hungry, but I am not going to sleep and I am not going to eat....
    Wakeup in the morning and kick the day in the teeth!! Or something like that.

"i don't want to write leak free code or most efficient code, like others traditional (so called expert) coders do."

Originally posted by souldog
    I am tired and hungry, but I am not going to sleep and I am not going to eat....
    We've got to stop meeting like this. But seriously, think how I feel, I'm 3 hours ahead But I am thinking eggs and snausages...wish I had some hens then I could just wash off the warm poop and have some nice fresh brown eggs.

Sometimes...just sometimes, when it's boring and nothing is exploding on the news...I see who was found guilty on this day, it's interesting, how many fun loving criminals were 'transported' to my beloved states.

http://www.oldbaileyonline.org/

Originally posted by Mick_2002

We've got to stop meeting like this. But seriously, think how I feel, I'm 3 hours ahead But I am thinking eggs and snausages...wish I had some hens then I could just wash off the warm poop and have some nice fresh brown eggs.
    Mick, I think you need to take a break and get some sleep. You are becoming incoherent.

I'm the only one who is aloud to be insane here. So pass me a long tall cool refreshing glass of barium sulfate.

Especially, the part about snausages.

(Snausages=a pre-packaged dog treat)

My dog (who had to be put down at age 14.5 yrs two weeks ago) loved them.

Page 7 of 159 FirstFirst ... 456789101757107 ... LastLast