CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 118 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1868108115116117118119120121128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2374

Re: The Boring Thread

Just curious soul, but don't you have backups of the software?
    Here are the rules, you must obey them or the gender bender will get you.

And if you ever think of posting without code-tags, the evil monkey will come after you.

Going to see the opera Faust this evening. I've heard it's one he!! of a show.
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

Robots are trying to steal my luggage.

Quote Originally Posted by YourSurrogateGod
    Just curious soul, but don't you have backups of the software?

Yes, but I lost about 100 hours of work.
    Wakeup in the morning and kick the day in the teeth!! Or something like that.

"i don't want to write leak free code or most efficient code, like others traditional (so called expert) coders do."

Alas, good backup habits are oft the result of pain.... Ever since I got a DVD-R/W on my laptop, I make a platter each night when I get back to the hotel. I do NOT carry the platters with me during the trip and I mail them home (NOT carried).

99% of the time, they go straight in the trash when they arrive as everything has been properly integrated in the "main" systems. But I have the security of knowing I am 100% covered for most things except a Major fire in the hotel while I am sleeping there and can not grab the platters (or laptop) on the way out of the room.
    TheCPUWizard is a registered trademark, all rights reserved. (If this post was helpful, please RATE it!)
    2008, 2009,2010
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is.

* Join the fight, refuse to respond to posts that contain code outside of [code] ... [/code] tags. See here for instructions
    * How NOT to post a question here
    * Of course you read this carefully before you posted
    * Need homework help? Read this first

Nothing like a nice relaxing night at a Detroit Piston's game to put all your troubles behind you.....

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

I spent a year in Philadelphia one week. It was closed. I guess I should have called ahead for reservations.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCPUWizard
    Alas, good backup habits are oft the result of pain.... Ever since I got a DVD-R/W on my laptop, I make a platter each night when I get back to the hotel. I do NOT carry the platters with me during the trip and I mail them home (NOT carried).
    Are you serious about that mailing thing?

... well, on second thought, it is ofcourse pretty secure that way
    Marc Gregoire - NuonSoft (http://www.nuonsoft.com)
    My Blog
    Wallpaper Cycler 3.5.0.97

Author of Professional C++, 4th Edition by Wiley/Wrox (includes C++17 features)
    ISBN: 978-1-119-42130-6
    [ http://www.facebook.com/professionalcpp ]

It snowed here for the first time this morning. Thus begins the most dangerous season in Maryland as our *cough* drivers learn once again how not to negotiate snow covered roads.

/Terps beat Florida State in OT wOOt!!!

Ah yes, I remember it well. 2 inches of snow and everything closes down for a week. We had our first major snow over a week ago. It was 1 degree F (-17 C) when I woke up on Sunday. COOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDdd and windy. The dog was loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Frohman
    Ah yes, I remember it well. 2 inches of snow and everything closes down for a week. We had our first major snow over a week ago. It was 1 degree F (-17 C) when I woke up on Sunday. COOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDdd and windy. The dog was loving it.
    ahh 1 or 2 inches equals this today:
    Arctic air mass brings snow, ice and bitter cold
    Conditions cause some school systems to close; Slick roads lead to crashes
    Spokesman Chuck Jackson at AAA Mid-Atlantic said his agency has had more than 100 calls for help since 11 p.m. Sunday night. Some of the emergencies involved cars that went off the road and needed a tow, while many others involved frozen locks. Jackson says most of the calls in the region came from Northern Virginia, D.C., and the I-95 corridor between Washington and Baltimore.

Jackson expects AAA will get between 200 and 300 calls an hour Monday morning.
    Lets throw a ton of salt on the road so we have to fix them in the summer nice gig going there.

Just want to continue with this cause it's like a Maryland thing...

Our say: Editor's notebook
    By THE CAPITAL EDITORIAL BOARD

IT'S HERE -- This year the arrival of winter weather in this area, with a dusting of snow leading to icy conditions Sunday night and Monday morning, just barely beat out the formal arrival of winter - the winter solstice - on Tuesday.

Icy conditions on local roads were blamed for at least 120 accidents, mostly minor.

Someday we hope a bright medical researcher, perhaps at Johns Hopkins, finds the gene responsible for what we call Maryland motorist seasonal amnesia: The inability of so many state drivers to remember, from one winter to the next, how much care is necessary to maneuver cars on ice and snow.

In the first hours of the first storm, the roads are always filled with motorists who, though they sport Maryland tags, seem to have spent their entire driving lives in South Florida.

Sigh... we don't get much snow in Belgium... if it even snows...
    Marc Gregoire - NuonSoft (http://www.nuonsoft.com)
    My Blog
    Wallpaper Cycler 3.5.0.97

Author of Professional C++, 4th Edition by Wiley/Wrox (includes C++17 features)
    ISBN: 978-1-119-42130-6
    [ http://www.facebook.com/professionalcpp ]

We sure are getting our fair share of religious nutjobs spamming the forums as of late...must be the new year thing...

That is all...go back to being bored.

Ohh yea...hey Tom I think I met your cousin the last weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by Mick
    Ohh yea...hey Tom I think I met your cousin the last weekend...
    Another good chipmunk being led astray by the evil forces of conservatism....
    Next thing you know, they'll be trying to make chipmunks wear tin foil hats.

Page 118 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1868108115116117118119120121128 ... LastLast