CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 21 of 159 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223243171121 ... LastLast
    Actually in the large version of the picture, you can see a shockwave.

Maybe I should petition Brad to allow avatars of size 1200x1600. Come to think of it, I will; that would really improve CodeGuru.
    Just kidding
    SolarFlare

Those who cling to life die and those who defy death live. -Sun Tzu

cout << endl;
    return 0;
    }

That was too interesting.

And now for something completely different. I'm going to tell you all about the day I ate a peanut butter and pickle sandwich. It was a cold February. There were 80 centimeters of snow on the ground. There I sat stuck at home watching curling on TV. Curling and more curling. Men with brooms sweeping the ice. Women with brooms sweeping the ice. Children with brooms sweeping the ice. More, more I cried. As fate would have it, I realized I could record Curling on my VCR and watch it over and over and over again. Like a flash it hit me out of the blue. I could be eating a peanut butter and cheese ball sandwich. However, there were no cheese balls left and the weather was too severe. I had to compromise. We had pickles and anchovies in stock. I'll tell you right now that peanut butter and anchovies is out of the question. Peanut butter and pickles it had to be and that is what it was. So I was able to swill PBandP sandwiches and watch Curling to the point of numbness. It doesn't get any better than that.
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

Robots are trying to steal my luggage.

Originally posted by Tom Frohman
    That was too interesting.

And now for something completely different. I'm going to tell you all about the day I ate a peanut butter and pickle sandwich. It was a cold February. There were 80 centimeters of snow on the ground. There I sat stuck at home watching curling on TV. Curling and more curling. Men with brooms sweeping the ice. Women with brooms sweeping the ice. Children with brooms sweeping the ice. More, more I cried. As fate would have it, I realized I could record Curling on my VCR and watch it over and over and over again. Like a flash it hit me out of the blue. I could be eating a peanut butter and cheese ball sandwich. However, there were no cheese balls left and the weather was too severe. I had to compromise. We had pickles and anchovies in stock. I'll tell you right now that peanut butter and anchovies is out of the question. Peanut butter and pickles it had to be and that is what it was. So I was able to swill PBandP sandwiches and watch Curling to the point of numbness. It doesn't get any better than that.
    Step away from the water bong...

Tom did you see my match? I'm second-broomer for the Blue Rocks in my spare time.
    SolarFlare

cout << endl;
    return 0;
    }

Unhappy mmm

Just come to inform that I remove that lurker outa my buddy list...

I went on a business trip and now I am back from the trip.

I went on a business trip and now I am no longer on the trip.
    I think.
    Wakeup in the morning and kick the day in the teeth!! Or something like that.

"i don't want to write leak free code or most efficient code, like others traditional (so called expert) coders do."

I think I posted this link before, this guy has the same demented humor I have...I guess...

http://www.imao.us/

Talking That sreally nice pic

Originally posted by Mick_2002
    I think I posted this link before, this guy has the same demented humor I have...I guess...
    http://www.imao.us/
    I thought I was watching the planet of Monkeys

Welcome back

Originally posted by souldog
    I went on a business trip and now I am back from the trip.
    I went on a business trip and now I am no longer on the trip.
    I think.
    must be tired after that trip..., sure there was a lot of things to...do..

Yeah, it was boring. I got called for jury duty today. I went to the court house and sat in the jury pool room and sat..and sat...and sat...and then they said "you can go home now". What a waste of time.

It was boring.

It doesn't get any beter than this.

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

I've got to believe it could get better
    SolarFlare

cout << endl;
    return 0;
    }

Yeah, it was boring. I got called for jury duty today. I went to the court house and sat in the jury pool room and sat..and sat...and sat...and then they said "you can go home now". What a waste of time.

It was boring.

It doesn't get any beter than this.
    Michigan doesn't have the death penalty, so what's the sense in jury duty anyways...boring..

Originally posted by Mick_2002
    Michigan doesn't have the death penalty, so what's the sense in jury duty anyways...boring..
    To quote Monty Python "Its just a bloody parking offence". Sounds like a job for the Spanish Inquisition.

In the orientation they told us that in Michigan the judge chooses the punishment. The jury only gets to say not guilcup or guilty.

The jury only gets to say not guilcup or guilty.
    If that's a typo, I don't see how you could possibly have done it; if it's not, I don't understand the joke.
    SolarFlare

cout << endl;
    return 0;
    }

Originally posted by solarflare
    If that's a typo, I don't see how you could possibly have done it; if it's not, I don't understand the joke.
    It refers to a Monty Python episode where the jury delivers its verdict by charades.
    They signal a tea cup for the ty in guilty and the judge takes it as cup and pronounces the defendant not guilcup.

Then the judge sentences eric idle to be burned at the stake for a parking ticket and calls in the Spanish Inquistition.

Maybe I'm putting two episodes together in my mind.

Page 21 of 159 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223243171121 ... LastLast