CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Threaded View

Re: The Boring Thread

Well i'M finished at -54 lbs (24.5 kg)

In January I got on the scale in the morning and it said
    250 lbs (113.3 kg). (When I graduated from college 27 years ago, I weighed 185 lbs (83.9 kg).) I decided it was time to change and I went to the hospital here and signed up for the doctor supervised crash diet. It consisted of 4-170 calorie milk shakes and one restricted meal a day for a 1300 calorie a day diet. In 12 weeks I was down to 196lb (88.9 kg). I'm 6' ( 182.9 cm) tall.

The hospital measured my fat and lean body mass and said I should weigh between 186 and 201 lbs. So, I'm done. The next task is to keep the weight off.

Before, my knees and back were killing me. I had knee surgery in May (1 year ago) and it didn't really help. I had neck surgery 3 years ago to remove the 4th and 5th vertebra in my neck and replace them with a bone graft and a titanium plate.

After the loss, my knees feel good. Still stiff on the right side but far less painful. Walking is fun again. Marginal improvement in my neck. Lower back feels much better.

Growing old is a *****. I'm 48 years old. Everytime I get an X-Ray, the doctor makes a comment about my X-Rays looking like those of a 70+ year old.

I'm attaching two actual pictures of myself before and after.

Good times.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

Robots are trying to steal my luggage.