CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 11 of 159 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161111 ... LastLast
    GUI questions are boring...so little meat and potatos being served these past few days....how...boring. Of course I wouldn't be so bored if my car wasn't in the shop, which brings me to the statement, if you know a friend of a friend, and they can do the work real cheap like, don't expect to have your car back for 2 weeks....just another tip from your uncle bob....whoever that is.

Toy story 4 from wfranc

It is really boring so I will try to make this thread be what it is called Here is the news....
    A couple of hours ago, on the way home, I by chance saw an old friend of mine who used to be an alcohol addict. He was talking outloud to some guys at a bar nearby... I felt happy as we hadnot meet for a long time. He drank too much to control his pace when walking next to me. When I told him I would take him to his home where his wife was waiting. He yielded at me and said: I wasnot drunk, i sipped only a small glass of JW, But I knew it was over ten bottles, not a glass like what he said. A few minutes later, he rushed to the bar and took out a woman, then they both told me that they would play an eye-checking game just to let me know that he wasnot drunk and he still had a good "companion". You know, just because he was always scared to be alone, he always tried to look for some companions, which I leant since we were neighbors....Unfortunate for him, they didnot look...'matched'. I knew that from his awkwardness, but I felt sorry for him because alcohol turned him to behave in that way...Sad...
    I dont drink, so I am never drunk, sometimes I intend to try once, but when i hold it in my hands, something at once,like sudden thunder in the storm, tells me: Alcohol just kills your liver and ruin your life.
    I still wonder, however, why so many people out there, in most of the bars here and there in the world keep on drinking it as if they were drinking water...

Re: Toy story 4 from wfranc

Originally posted by Wfranc
    It is really boring so I will try to make this thread be what it is called Here is the news....
    A couple of hours ago, on the way home, I by chance saw an old friend of mine who used to be an alcohol addict. He was talking outloud to some guys at a bar nearby... I felt happy as we hadnot meet for a long time. He drank too much to control his pace when walking next to me. When I told him I would take him to his home where his wife was waiting. He yielded at me and said: I wasnot drunk, i sipped only a small glass of JW, But I knew it was over ten bottles, not a glass like what he said. A few minutes later, he rushed to the bar and took out a woman, then they both told me that they would play an eye-checking game just to let me know that he wasnot drunk and he still had a good "companion". You know, just because he was always scared to be alone, he always tried to look for some companions, which I leant since we were neighbors....Unfortunate for him, they didnot look...'matched'. I knew that from his awkwardness, but I felt sorry for him because alcohol turned him to behave in that way...Sad...
    I dont drink, so I am never drunk, sometimes I intend to try once, but when i hold it in my hands, something at once,like sudden thunder in the storm, tells me: Alcohol just kills your liver and ruin your life.
    I still wonder, however, why so many people out there, in most of the bars here and there in the world keep on drinking it as if they were drinking water...
    That's a sad story, brought a tear to my eye, I kept thinking...time for another beer run...

because they are bored
    Wakeup in the morning and kick the day in the teeth!! Or something like that.

"i don't want to write leak free code or most efficient code, like others traditional (so called expert) coders do."

I wonder what JW is...is that Johnny Walker? People still drink that stuff?

I went through one of the most h_e_l_l_ish days of my life after drinking a bottle of Johnny Walker red. It still makes me shudder.

"i don't want to write leak free code or most efficient code, like others traditional (so called expert) coders do."

Some advice: no matter what anyone tells you, shots of Everclear are not social drinks...

Trust me.
    */*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

"It's hard to believe in something you don't understand." -- the sidhi X-files episode

galathaea: prankster, fablist, magician, liar

I don't need to trust you on that one.

It was 26 years ago that I drank a fifth of Jim Beam one evening. Ever since then the smell of whiskey makes me wanna heave.

Ah yes, the bad old days.....
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

Robots are trying to steal my luggage.

I also dont feel happy if my story was like an arrow thru one's heart...sad but it s true...
    Oh what time is it in Cali huh ?

there is no time in paradise

Originally posted by souldog
    OKay.....H_ell, right ? 12:11

Tearful Toy story 5

will be posted *tomorrow*, hope you guys enjoy the sadness and boredom of these stuff..., please co-operate to make this thread much boring...

Originally posted by souldog
    No... in paradise it is 9:17 AM
    I am Miss Maiden... Miss Iron Maiden :-D

Re: Toy story 4 from wfranc

Originally posted by Wfranc
    i] I wasnot drunk, i sipped only a small glass of JW[/i], But I knew it was over ten bottles, not a glass like what he said.
    If JW is Johnny Walker and the dude drank over ten bottles of the size I know them, then he shouldn't smoke for a while if he doesn't want to explode

OTOH, it sometimes is stunning how much some people can drink without major consequencies. I remember hearing a story in the news some year ago. Happened in France. It said that the police stopped a car driven by a woman, for a routine check. The cops later said that they had the feeling that the lady had drunk something and made an alcohol test. Of course that they suspected their detector being defect at first, cause it was displaying 0.65% (6.5 pro mille). The blood test confirmed that result. They commented that most people would be in an alcohol coma at that concentration. The lady merily showd signs of being 'slightly drunk'. I don't remember what happened to the lady, though, but I expect that she didn't travel anywhere for a while, and after that only by bus and train
    Gabriel, CodeGuru moderator

Forever trusting who we are
    And nothing else matters
    - Metallica

Learn about the advantages of std::vector.

Page 11 of 159 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161111 ... LastLast