The Boring Thread - Page 125
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 125 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2575115122123124125126127128135 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2341

Thread: The Boring Thread

  1. #1861
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    muahaha
    Posts
    84

    Re: The Boring Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    I WANT REVENGE!
    THE LORD IS BACK!
    CAGES CAN'T KEEP ME,
    I WILL BE FREE SOON!

    I roar like the jungle,
    my eyes are bleeding.
    I rip the tigers apart,
    I devour their bones.

    I prowl the Savannah,
    searching for a worthy beast.
    I tear up the lions,
    I shriek in psychotism.

    My name is...Xeon.

    Have a nice day, folks.
    Xeon.
    you are such a nice person who seek revenge......this is my suggestion to make it more scary (or silly)...
    " My name is ...Xen..

    Have a nice day, folks...but don't blame Xen if your day turned messy.."

    \\

    ...???...
    ...don't blame me...when I smell nicc 'o' tyne...
    ...friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support..


  2. #1862
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    860

    Re: The Boring Thread

    Is Xeon out of the army now? Free at last? Free at last.
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

    Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

    Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. -Cicero

  3. #1863
    Xeon's Avatar
    Xeon is offline Want me to ban you?! Power Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Talking Re: The Boring Thread

    From NoHero:
    Well... Take a look at this FAQ... no just kidding, well he is here more often than you...
    But Andreas couldn't rise so fast, right? When Daddy Xeon was around, he was just a little boy trying to touch his dad's shotgun.
    Even Gabriel "Red Dragon" Fleseriu has gone way ahead of me.
    If I post in this Chit-Chat forum, will my posts still count?

    *Lol* ... Are you trying to mimic Simon666? ... Nice try though
    Nah, Simon666 was my junior disciple during the old days. In those days, you haven't even joined the forum!
    He's gone already, right?

    From Tom:
    Is Xeon out of the army now? Free at last? Free at last?
    1 more *** month to go. Anyway, it's nothing now. I'm on leave until the last day in the army.
    On the last day, I'm going to spit right at the Chief of Army. Or I'm going to do obscene acts in front of him in my army uniform. Talk about Home-made videos. The World's Most Daring Soldiers, Series #1?

    From Mr. Ree:
    Have a nice day, folks...but don't blame Xen if your day turned messy.."
    Another newbie here. Where's the old fools?
    Like MiCk Jagger? Gabriel?

    Anyway, yes. Your day is gonna get real messy, along with the others. I'm going to screw the whole forum up cos'.....THERE'S NO GIRLS!
    It's been years now, Brad! Years before I even went into the army, there wasn't any girls here(except for 2 - 3).
    Now that I'm back after another lot of years, there's no single one girl left!
    O-M-F-G!!!!!
    We all know what happends to umm......CodeGuru In-Charges who don't perform their jobs well.

    Talking about girls, I'm going to talk to this girl I really like maybe tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Somewhere within this week.

    Wish me all the best, folks. Even I need it! Sigh.

    Good day,
    XeOn.
    Last edited by Brad Jones; June 27th, 2005 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Profanity.
    "Hell is calling for you!" - Rufus, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

    "I'm getting tired of you devils.....finishing strike......Final Blast!" - Arngrim, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

  4. #1864
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    (Upper-) Austria
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: The Boring Thread

    Xeon? Do you know why all of those are far ahead of you? Because from nothing comes nothing... ... Give me some more months lofty Lord of CodeGuru and I will also be far ahead of you ... And heck don't call me noob, everyone - even you started small ... But of course we can still fight this out at a good ol' q3 match... And well there were girls (gurleygirl, che_rish, Maria Vaillant) but I do not know where they are now...
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

  5. #1865
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    6,388

    Re: The Boring Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    1 more ******** month to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    CodeGuru In-Charges who don't perform their jobs well.
    Xeon -

    I'm going to perform my job real well. If you post any more profanity -- regardless of spelling -- your ID will be permanently banned and you'll be back to 0 posts. You know the rules. They haven't changed.

    Brad!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones, CodeGuru.com Site Director
    Developer.com Network Director / EiC

    webmaster@codeguru.com
    (My Latest Book)


    -----------------------------------------------

  6. #1866
    Xeon's Avatar
    Xeon is offline Want me to ban you?! Power Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Talking Re: The Boring Thread

    From NoHero:
    Give me some more months lofty Lord of CodeGuru and I will also be far ahead of you...
    Oh yes. One other thing I don't understand is the Reputation thing. The green squares at the far corner next to your name. Why is it that you've so many? Is it because you helped lottsa people in the programming forums and they rate you etc.?
    I also noticed that a reputatable kid like Tom Frohman has just 1, like me. The lesser the better?
    Even Brad's reputation guage is less than yours??!! Are you.....the Lord? CEO of CodeGuru? CEO of Internet.com?

    And heck don't call me noob, everyone - even you started small ...
    Let me see....when I first joined in the year 2000, the only thing I did here was to ask questions. About 7 - 11 posts from me everyday. Those replying to me during that time were from the even more ancient folks, like Igbrus, Emi and Alex Fedotov. I was a nerd-lord then.
    But you still have a long way to go, son. You joined only last year?
    Back then in my days, I remember riding out to war and taunting my enemies with several half-cladded girls by my side. We were barbarians then, but we were proud.

    And well there were girls (gurleygirl, che_rish, Maria Vaillant) but I do not know where they are now...
    Huh? GurleyGirl? Which forum did she post in? Visual C++? Che_rish? Never heard of this female noob either. But Marina Vaillant.....yes.
    Talking about Marina reminds me of Elrond!!!! Is he still around and has he changed his old-as-time avatar?

    From Brad:
    I'm going to perform my job real well.
    How cute!

    If you post any more profanity -- regardless of spelling -- your ID will be permanently banned and you'll be back to 0 posts. You know the rules. They haven't changed.
    Ok, Brad! Well, at first, I thought we could get around using foul words via different spelling, as I've seen somone did that once in the past. No?
    Seriously, couldn't you make an exception to just this forum? Where's the welfare?
    I mean, posting in this forum doesn't get us any post increment, so it's only fair that at least some(at least a *sensible*) level of profanity is allowed? Years ago, I protest against all these stuff. And now I'm back!
    Of course, even folks like me would be sensible enough not to post overly-wild things here, trust us.

    Xeon!
    "Hell is calling for you!" - Rufus, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

    "I'm getting tired of you devils.....finishing strike......Final Blast!" - Arngrim, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

  7. #1867
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    (Upper-) Austria
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: The Boring Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    Oh yes. One other thing I don't understand is the Reputation thing. The green squares at the far corner next to your name. Why is it that you've so many? Is it because you helped lottsa people in the programming forums and they rate you etc.?
    I also noticed that a reputatable kid like Tom Frohman has just 1, like me. The lesser the better?
    Even Brad's reputation guage is less than yours??!! Are you.....the Lord? CEO of CodeGuru? CEO of Internet.com?
    If you go somewhere else in the forum you will see a kind link at every post "Rate this post". When you click it you can rate a special post either positive or negative. Depending of your post count and how long you are here you give reputation points when you rate someone else. If you go over 25 posts you have 1. For every year here and for each 1000 posts you get one extra. Ergo I give 3 reputations points if I would rate you.

    No I am neither CEO of CodeGuru nor Internet.com. I am only 16 years old.

    Why I have that much? Well I try to involve myself in every problem I think I can solve. Most of my time I spend at the WinAPI forums and the Visual C++ .NET forum. And when I help I get ratings.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    Let me see....when I first joined in the year 2000, the only thing I did here was to ask questions. About 7 - 11 posts from me everyday. Those replying to me during that time were from the even more ancient folks, like Igbrus, Emi and Alex Fedotov. I was a nerd-lord then.
    But you still have a long way to go, son. You joined only last year?
    Back then in my days, I remember riding out to war and taunting my enemies with several half-cladded girls by my side. We were barbarians then, but we were proud.
    You have joined 2000? Well that makes 5 repuations points, plus 4 for your 4000+ posts and one for you are over 25 posts you give 10 repuations points when you rate someone. And I cannot remember any of the names you stated. Well, there are not many from the old era around here any more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    Huh? GurleyGirl? Which forum did she post in? Visual C++? Che_rish? Never heard of this female noob either. But Marina Vaillant.....yes.
    Talking about Marina reminds me of Elrond!!!! Is he still around and has he changed his old-as-time avatar?
    I do not know where they have posted. I just hit their train here in Chit Chat. Search around a bit here in Chit Chat both have posted pics of themself. I think somewhere in "Hot geeks" thread.
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

  8. #1868
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    muahaha
    Posts
    84

    Re: The Boring Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    Xeon -

    I'm going to perform my job real well. If you post any more profanity -- regardless of spelling -- your ID will be permanently banned and you'll be back to 0 posts. You know the rules. They haven't changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    Anyway, yes. Your day is gonna get real messy, along with the others. I'm going to screw the whole forum up cos'.....THERE'S NO GIRLS!
    We must understand the real struggle to be an army...always hear the profanity...no girls around...and believe me my senior...your seniority is your priviledge...but I think Brad won't allow you to be a good army as the good army always uses profanity...and I like to hear all those good old days that you told us...RESTECP..

    @NoHero: Don't get ashame to be a newbie...that was our advantage to do stupid things and get away with it....but even the newbie can get grounded for life ...nahh..just forget what I said...but being a newbie is also a great thing as we develop into 'oldbie', we do fun stuff and the fun stuff can only be fun when we're newbie...cheers..

    //when I get older...I think i'll remember all memories as a little imp..and that time..I already became a devil...

    ...???...
    ...don't blame me...when I smell nicc 'o' tyne...
    ...friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support..


  9. #1869
    Xeon's Avatar
    Xeon is offline Want me to ban you?! Power Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Re: The Boring Thread

    From NoHero:
    No I am neither CEO of CodeGuru nor Internet.com. I am only 16 years old.Why I have that much? Well I try to involve myself in every problem I think I can solve. Most of my time I spend at the WinAPI forums and the Visual C++ .NET forum. And when I help I get ratings.
    Unfortunately, although I'm around 15 years old when I joined CodeGuru, I wasn't like you, though. Instead of involving myself in every question others posted, mostly what I did was to ask questions.
    However, there were times when I made some new breakthroughs every now and then and I posted them in the Visual C++ forums. For example, the Flash program. Imagine a Visual C++ dialog that can play Flash stuff. Ever since I made news of that, lots of folks have PM me over the years asking for that. Microsoft made an offer to purchase the license for that, but I refused them outright. No hot stuff == no deal.

    I do not know where they have posted. I just hit their train here in Chit Chat. Search around a bit here in Chit Chat both have posted pics of themself. I think somewhere in "Hot geeks" thread.
    Hot geeks, eh? There was a thread once here in this forum, titled something like "Pictures of Codegurus" or something. There, you can see almost every f###### picture of the main players here.

    From Ree:
    We must understand the real struggle to be an army...always hear the profanity...no girls around
    That's what I hate about the army. It's ok if there's no girls. After all, you know....some of the sergeants actually surf for porn during working hours. Cool, eh?
    The worst thing is that everything that comes out of their stinking mouth is vulgar language. Everyone from recruits to warrant officers(the officers here generally don't use vulgar......the higher their rank, the more well-behaved they're).

    but I think Brad won't allow you to be a good army as the good army always uses profanity...and I like to hear all those good old days that you told us...RESTECP
    Don't worry about me and Brad. We have a love-hate relationship, like France and England. They may complain about each other during the illness/disease period, but when war etc. comes, they change their attitude.

    Good day,
    Xeon.
    "Hell is calling for you!" - Rufus, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

    "I'm getting tired of you devils.....finishing strike......Final Blast!" - Arngrim, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

  10. #1870
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    muahaha
    Posts
    84

    Re: The Boring Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    For example, the Flash program. Imagine a Visual C++ dialog that can play Flash stuff. Ever since I made news of that, lots of folks have PM me over the years asking for that. Microsoft made an offer to purchase the license for that, but I refused them outright. No hot stuff == no deal.
    that was a great breakthrough...did you still got any offer...
    Don't worry about me and Brad. We have a love-hate relationship, like France and England. They may complain about each other during the illness/disease period, but when war etc. comes, they change their attitude.
    I never worry about that...I also have that kind of communication with my friends...who need plain and dull communication...

    /make love not war..

    ...???...
    ...don't blame me...when I smell nicc 'o' tyne...
    ...friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support..


  11. #1871
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    (Upper-) Austria
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: The Boring Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    Unfortunately, although I'm around 15 years old when I joined CodeGuru, I wasn't like you, though. Instead of involving myself in every question others posted, mostly what I did was to ask questions.
    However, there were times when I made some new breakthroughs every now and then and I posted them in the Visual C++ forums. For example, the Flash program. Imagine a Visual C++ dialog that can play Flash stuff. Ever since I made news of that, lots of folks have PM me over the years asking for that. Microsoft made an offer to purchase the license for that, but I refused them outright. No hot stuff == no deal.
    I have also asked several questions, but I only use this forum to ask when google is unable to find something. And the most common things are covered by the FAQ and the articles. I was around 12 when I started programming. In those old days I did not have any internet. Thus I did a lot with trying and working it out. ahhh.... goold ol' days.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    Hot geeks, eh? There was a thread once here in this forum, titled something like "Pictures of Codegurus" or something. There, you can see almost every f###### picture of the main players here.
    I will go and search for the thread... Do you mean "how do we all look like" or something else? That thread was around here too... With some funny hippie stage stuff from Mikey...

    Quote Originally Posted by MrRee
    @NoHero: Don't get ashame to be a newbie...that was our advantage to do stupid things and get away with it....but even the newbie can get grounded for life ...nahh..just forget what I said...but being a newbie is also a great thing as we develop into 'oldbie', we do fun stuff and the fun stuff can only be fun when we're newbie...cheers..
    And you will never get out of the newbie state. Because there is always someone who is far better than you, and for this guy you will always remain a noob. The only thing is that there are some under you, who you can call noob.

    My Regards
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

  12. #1872
    Xeon's Avatar
    Xeon is offline Want me to ban you?! Power Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Re: The Boring Thread

    From mrRee:
    that was a great breakthrough...did you still got any offer...
    Nah! The last offer was about 1 year ago.

    From NoHero:
    I have also asked several questions, but I only use this forum to ask when google is unable to find something.
    Different from me. U make me ashamed of myself. For me, I post and ask. If I've the time, then I search. Anyway, in those days, CodeGuru was mainly a bare-bones forum. There's no Visual C++ FAQ or whatever.

    ahhh.... goold ol' days.
    How nostalgic! In those days, I was using a Windows 98 PC with a 56.6 kpbs modem and didn't even know how to compile a program. Aye. In those days, I wasn't even a psycho. I asked questions like a total nerd and my status was even worse than the slave of a noob.

    I will go and search for tahe thread... Do you mean "how do we all look like" or something else?
    Nah! I remember the title of that thread is "Pictures of Codegurus".

    [quote]From NoHero to Ree:[/b]
    Because there is always someone who is far better than you, and for this guy you will always remain a noob. The only thing is that there are some under you, who you can call noob.
    Yes, just look at me. I can call all these new CodeGuru recruits noobs and such, and no one dares to talk back.

    Good day,
    Xeon.
    "Hell is calling for you!" - Rufus, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

    "I'm getting tired of you devils.....finishing strike......Final Blast!" - Arngrim, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

  13. #1873
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    (Upper-) Austria
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: The Boring Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    Different from me. U make me ashamed of myself. For me, I post and ask. If I've the time, then I search. Anyway, in those days, CodeGuru was mainly a bare-bones forum. There's no Visual C++ FAQ or whatever.
    That was not my intention... I just answer here. I do not know why but I left myself out with WinAPI topics. Currently I am trying to do my own OS... I think I start getting to geeky...

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    How nostalgic! In those days, I was using a Windows 98 PC with a 56.6 kpbs modem and didn't even know how to compile a program. Aye. In those days, I wasn't even a psycho. I asked questions like a total nerd and my status was even worse than the slave of a noob.
    I had a Windows 98 machine too, but no internet at all. I did VB 5.0 those days and well I was horrible nerdy. Seems to be fixed by now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    Nah! I remember the title of that thread is "Pictures of Codegurus".
    I am blind and dumb to find it. Maybe I should check the archives.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    Yes, just look at me. I can call all these new CodeGuru recruits noobs and such, and no one dares to talk back.
    It was a hard for me to get into CodeGuru... My breakthrough was half a year ago, when even some of the elder here noticed me. I think that was because my age and that I was not that eye-catching. Only sometimes a lil bit weird. Hmm... Thats why I have the internal title "the weird austrian". But Mathew Joy was the first finding out that I am not that dumb and noobie to help some rather than posting dumb questions like.: "Whats wrong with this code?"

    Code:
    int *i;
    *i = 0;
    printf("%s", i);
    But who cares? Now I have fixed my place here... and it's a great to work with all those Gurus here.
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

  14. #1874
    Xeon's Avatar
    Xeon is offline Want me to ban you?! Power Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Red face Re: The Boring Thread

    Trying to do your own OS? Are you nuts???!!!
    It's so darn crazy and even the folks here....none of them have tried it!

    Imagine....Microsoft spent billions just to create Windows XP! It consists of years of 365/24/7 coding and testing and even if you can do it, your hair would be even trendier than Albert Einstein!

    Even Linus Tovalds....argh!

    By the way, don't show me code. I've forgotten everything and I even have a problem trying to understand the code that you just posted. I'm a goner.....argh!

    Anyway, your attitude is what I like about the young teenage folks here in CodeGuru. Aspiring to learn and real humble. Very talented too, if you compare yourself to the folks here in where I come from. U've a good road ahead of you and will have no problems de-throning folks from the Microsoft MVP seat.

    Anyway, has there been any interesting changes in the Windows/Visual C++ programming world? The last time I was still around, all the hype was in .net and Visual Studio.net and C#.....and those crappy "Managed C++" etc.

    Even until now, seems that .net hasn't gone as well as Bill Gates want it to. So, is .net still around? Soaring and getting more popular? What about the latest version of Visual Studio?

    Have a nice day,
    Xeon.
    Last edited by Xeon; June 28th, 2005 at 08:40 AM.
    "Hell is calling for you!" - Rufus, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

    "I'm getting tired of you devils.....finishing strike......Final Blast!" - Arngrim, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

  15. #1875
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    (Upper-) Austria
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: The Boring Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    Trying to do your own OS? Are you nuts???!!!
    It's so darn crazy and even the folks here....none of them have tried it!
    I tried to do low level stuff. Indeed I do not want my OS to become popular. I am just doing it for learning purposes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    Imagine....Microsoft spent billions just to create Windows XP! It consists of years of 365/24/7 coding and testing and even if you can do it, your hair would be even trendier than Albert Einstein!
    I do not want reprogrammate WinXP neither sell my OS. I will put it up to the internet when it has some simple features like HW multitasking etc. Maybe someone can learn something from it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    By the way, don't show me code. I've forgotten everything and I even have a problem trying to understand the code that you just posted. I'm a goner.....argh!
    I won't bother you with code. no no...

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    Anyway, your attitude is what I like about the young teenage folks here in CodeGuru. Aspiring to learn and real humble. Very talented too, if you compare yourself to the folks here in where I come from. U've a good road ahead of you and will have no problems de-throning folks from the Microsoft MVP seat.
    Thank you. ... And thats all because I have nothing better to do

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    Anyway, has there been any interesting changes in the Windows/Visual C++ programming world? The last time I was still around, all the hype was in .net and Visual Studio.net and C#.....and those crappy "Managed C++" etc.

    Even until now, seems that .net hasn't gone as well as Bill Gates want it to. So, is .net still around? Soaring and getting more popular? What about the latest version of Visual Studio?
    Not really... Well the Windows part of MFC is now OpenSource (wtl.sourceforge.net) and Managed C++ has become a new syntax for Visual Studio .NET 2005 Beta 2 which is the last Visual Studio Version. dotNet is becoming better and the .NET forums of CodeGuru are growing. Yes it's on its world domination tour.

    Good day too...
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

Page 125 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2575115122123124125126127128135 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Azure Activities Information Page

Windows Mobile Development Center


Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

This is a CodeGuru survey question.


Featured


HTML5 Development Center