CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 29 of 159 FirstFirst ... 19262728293031323979129 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by souldog
    Hey Tom, I have to say you are slipping. That really was not a boring post.
    I agree with souldigger, Tom: you should talk more about your social life.
    Just kidding!
    SolarFlare

Those who cling to life die and those who defy death live. -Sun Tzu

cout << endl;
    return 0;
    }

?????SoulDigger?????

what is this? How would you like it if I started calling you SolarFluff or something
    Wakeup in the morning and kick the day in the teeth!! Or something like that.

"i don't want to write leak free code or most efficient code, like others traditional (so called expert) coders do."

?????SoulDigger?????

what is this? How would you like it if I started calling you SolarFluff or something
    No, see, I said "just kidding" in my previous post for the SoulDigger comment, not for Tom's social life!
    Just kidding again

er... okay, Souldog, I'll leave the name-juggling to Xeon.
    SolarFlare

cout << endl;
    return 0;
    }

Nah, juggle. Everyone Juggle

"i don't want to write leak free code or most efficient code, like others traditional (so called expert) coders do."

What's the best shade of white? I use E0E0E0 on my computer because it's easier on the eyes than the classic FFFFFF. But you could always change it up a bit and add a tinted color, or make it grayer, and so on.
    SolarFlare

cout << endl;
    return 0;
    }

And now from the archives 'Squirrels are Evil'....hmm taste like fried chicken...no where is my power generator, I want to test that theory on outlets vs....

Squirrel cuts power to 15,000 in Tucson

By L. Anne Newell
    © 2003 Arizona Daily Star

If the power went out at your house Wednesday morning, it likely was the fault of the squirrel that didn't know its own strength.

Some 15,000 Tucson Electric Power Co. customers lost power at 7:38 a.m. after the squirrel got into some electrical equipment at a station near East Speedway and North Kolb Road and caused a short circuit, TEP spokesman Joe Salkowski said.

Crews went out and got the electric back on line just after 8 a.m., he said. The squirrel did not survive the adventure.

The critter had the unfortunate luck of picking a particular substation that takes high voltage power and converts it to low voltage power for distribution to homes between East Grant and East Irvington roads and Dodge Boulevard and Harrison Road, Salkowski said.

Translation? The shock isn't similar to that of sticking your finger into a power outlet. "It's like sticking your finger in a power generator," he says.

As it turns out, it wasn't the only time squirrels have raided TEP property. In fact, squirrels are such a problem for the company that it has two employees tasked with going to all the substations and making them "as unattractive to varmints as possible," Salkowski said.

And, according to a recent story in a national newspaper, "squirrels are the bane of the electrical industry," he said, especially on the East Coast.

The outage affected some traffic lights, Salkowski said, but caused no permanent damage. Police reported nothing out-of-the-ordinary from the incident.

Originally posted by Mick_2002

And, according to a recent story in a national newspaper, "squirrels are the bane of the electrical industry," he said, especially on the East Coast.
    During december we have had no end of troubles with the squirrels chewing through the outside Christmas light strings. Have had to replace about 2 plugs a year from squirrel damage.
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

Robots are trying to steal my luggage.

Originally posted by Tom Frohman
    During december we have had no end of troubles with the squirrels chewing through the outside Christmas light strings. Have had to replace about 2 plugs a year from squirrel damage.
    You mean you take your christmas lights down after december?

Originally posted by Mick_2002
    You mean you take your christmas lights down after december?
    Yes JimBob, we do take them down before the 4th of July.

I think the squirrel is slowly learning to leave the screen alone.
    I've shot her three times now with the super-soaker squirt gun while she was hanging on the screen. She is starting to regard the screen with suspicion.
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

Robots are trying to steal my luggage.

Originally posted by Tom Frohman
    I think the squirrel is slowly learning to leave the screen alone.
    I've shot her three times now with the super-soaker squirt gun while she was hanging on the screen. She is starting to regard the screen with suspicion.
    I always use the back door for precisely that reason. Can you believe it took me a whole week to learn
    SolarFlare

cout << endl;
    return 0;
    }

Originally posted by solarflare
    I always use the back door for precisely that reason.
    Can't decide whether to snicker or just plain laugh.

Kewl...washington picked steve blake (pg - Maryland) in the second round NBA draft. Now if we can only trade for wilcox etc etc, we can field a all ACC champion team in the NBA...heck..that would make me actually go into that cesspool called DC to watch some games...rock on.

My dogs are eating. When dogs get hungry, you feed them and they eat.

My dogs are eating. When dogs get hungry, you feed them and they eat.
    My dogs are barking. When my dogs bark. I know it's time to wash my feet.

Page 29 of 159 FirstFirst ... 19262728293031323979129 ... LastLast