CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 6 of 159 FirstFirst ... 34567891656106 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by solarflare

Yeah I'm still waiting for it to hit a constant spring-like temperature.

How about this for a new thread called "The Weather Thread": the Californians describe the weather during the day, and you and me can read it so we know what the weather will be here two days later. Sound like a good idea?

And perhaps Tom in Michigan can confirm what the Californians say so we know it's still headed on track or if it has turned too far north or south... it's a perfect system!
    I'm in, current Maryland weather at the ding is:

46°F
    Cloudy Feels Like
    43°F

But we do have a:

Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC533 PM EDT SUN APR 6 2003
    ...SOME WINTRY PRECIPITATION POSSIBLE LATE TONIGHT AND MONDAY...

A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL MOVE NORTHEAST INTO THE OHIO VALLEY LATE TONIGHT. PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP OVERNIGHT AND CONTINUE INTO MONDAY ACROSS THE AREA.

WHILE MUCH OF THE PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO FALL IN THE FORM OF RAIN THERE WILL SOME SLEET MIXED IN ESPECIALLY LATE TONIGHT AND MONDAY MORNING.

WITH RECENT WARM WEATHER...THE GROUND HAS WARMED ABOVE FREEZING...SO SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATIONS OF ICE ARE NOT EXPECTED ON ROADWAYS...AND SIGNIFICANT TRAVEL PROBLEMS ARE NOT EXPECTED.STAY TUNED TO THE WEATHER CHANNEL AND WEATHER.COM FOR UPDATES....

I'm tuned in man...

I cleaned my house today. You know it's funny how much dust can accumulate in one year. I was just sitting there making doodles on the entertainment center, but that got boring, so I started dusting, but that got boring, so I bought some beer. At least I have some clean spots...

Well here in Los Angeles it is going to be between 75 and 80 degF for the next few days. It has been a little chilly at night however, getting down into the low fifties
    Wakeup in the morning and kick the day in the teeth!! Or something like that.

"i don't want to write leak free code or most efficient code, like others traditional (so called expert) coders do."

Originally posted by Mick_2002
    I cleaned my house today. You know it's funny how much dust can accumulate in one year. I was just sitting there making doodles on the entertainment center, but that got boring, so I started dusting, but that got boring, so I bought some beer. At least I have some clean spots...
    Yo. Beer is clearly more fun than cleaning the house...
    Gabriel, CodeGuru moderator

Forever trusting who we are
    And nothing else matters
    - Metallica

Learn about the advantages of std::vector.

Thumbs up Good job,M....i....c.....k

Oh well, single M---I---C---K

Re: Good job,M....i....c.....k

Originally posted by Wfranc

Oh well, single M---I---C---K
    Sure beats the previous Mick mode.

Cool Re: Re: Good job,M....i....c.....k

Sure beats the previous Mick mode.
    Oh, Mick 'lurks' again, which makes me hard to understand....
    , Why doesn't Mick use a smily to let me know how Mick is really thinking ? A Nice big teeth smily from Mick is my favorite.....like this

Re: Re: Re: Good job,M....i....c.....k

Originally posted by Wfranc

Oh, Mick 'lurks' again, which makes me hard to understand....
    , Why doesn't Mick use a smily to let me know how Mick is really thinking ? A Nice big teeth smily from Mick is my favorite.....like this
    Hmm that's an abyss you'd better step back from...but I was thinking that you know here I sat, just a couple of people hanging around, and then all of the sudden it's like the train pulled up and the doors opened...I feel tighter than a tuna in a tin can...somehow that doesn't sound right though

Cute suckers...heh I could never do that, keep squirrels on my balcony...I'd just have this strange urge to feed them beer or something. Next thing you know, you got a bunch of drunk squirrels trashing the place.

PS: It was in the 70's here, but it's only gonna be 50 today
    There was one year back in the 1960's when the conditions were just right for the cherries to ferment on our cherry tree. It was incredible. The squirrels were staggering around stoned out of their gourds. The birds were stoned too. The squirrels would lie on the branches with their arms hanging down with glazed looks in their eyes. If you walked right up to them they wouldn't even flinch. They seemed ok once they had slept it off.
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

Robots are trying to steal my luggage.

Speaking of Boring...It is April 7th and it is snowing like an SO* out there!! I want the person responsible caught and turned over to the Spanish Inquisition.

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

Yesterday, an irresponsable cat considered that my fresh washed car is the right place to have a walk on. The entire car is full of cat paws. I want to introduce that cat to my dog some day...

And nothing else matters
    - Metallica

30 years ago that happened all the time here.
    People don't let their cats out as much as they used to in the US.
    There has been a big push on for people to leave there cats inside. I don't see nearly as many cats as I used to.

Of course a lot of those foot prints were left by my cats. (had 5 of them when I was growing up.)

Yeah, I wonder why the "No cats trespassing" sticker I put on my car didn't work....

And nothing else matters
    - Metallica

Snowed several times this weekend. It would have been even more boring if I had not had to drive in it...

Luckily will warm up to the 70s during this week. Unless the forecasters are part of the conspiracy...
    */*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

"It's hard to believe in something you don't understand." -- the sidhi X-files episode

galathaea: prankster, fablist, magician, liar

Originally posted by galathaea
    Snowed several times this weekend. It would have been even more boring if I had not had to drive in it...

Luckily will warm up to the 70s during this week. Unless the forecasters are part of the conspiracy...
    Where are you?

It's snowing where I am... about an inch; it's just starting to stick on the road, but the snow is turning to rain anyway.
    SolarFlare

Those who cling to life die and those who defy death live. -Sun Tzu

cout << endl;
    return 0;
    }

Page 6 of 159 FirstFirst ... 34567891656106 ... LastLast