The Boring Thread - Page 72
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 72 of 157 FirstFirst ... 22626970717273747582122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2341

Thread: The Boring Thread

  1. #1066
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Maryland - Fear The Turtle!
    Posts
    7,537
    Originally posted by Simon666
    For the rest you go on on your usual insulting spree
    Lets back up and see where it started...

    Do you have something else but hatred for society (probably why you have a gun) to spew Mick?
    Ahh hit a little too close to home did I???


  2. #1067
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia ***Epoch: Timeless***
    Posts
    560
    When I came to this thread, instead of coming to the first unread post like usual, the link took me to the last post. I went back to see where the new posts started. Then I decided, it was better the first time.
    SolarFlare

    Those who cling to life die and those who defy death live. -Sun Tzu

    cout << endl;
    return 0;
    }

  3. #1068
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Maryland - Fear The Turtle!
    Posts
    7,537
    Originally posted by solarflare
    When I came to this thread, instead of coming to the first unread post like usual, the link took me to the last post. I went back to see where the new posts started. Then I decided, it was better the first time.
    it's always better the fist time....

  4. #1069
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Maryland - Fear The Turtle!
    Posts
    7,537
    This one if for 'V'

    In A.D. 2101
    War was beginning.
    Captain: What happen ?
    Mechanic: Somebody set up us the bomb.
    Operator: We get signal.
    Captain: What !
    Operator: Main screen turn on.
    Captain: It's You !!
    Cats: How are you gentlemen !!
    Cats: All your base are belong to us.
    Cats: You are on the way to destruction.
    Captain: What you say !!
    Cats: You have no chance to survive make your time.
    Cats: HA HA HA HA ....
    Captain: Take off every 'zig' !!
    Captain: You know what you doing.
    Captain: Move 'zig'.
    Captain: For great justice.
    /SEGA!!!!!

  5. #1070
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia ***Epoch: Timeless***
    Posts
    560
    SolarFlare

    Those who cling to life die and those who defy death live. -Sun Tzu

    cout << endl;
    return 0;
    }

  6. #1071
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia ***Epoch: Timeless***
    Posts
    560
    My favorite line is this: "The Chinese government is banking on the launch [...] demonstrating China's technological prowess," even though the craft and gear are made from old Soviet parts .
    SolarFlare

    Those who cling to life die and those who defy death live. -Sun Tzu

    cout << endl;
    return 0;
    }

  7. #1072
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Maryland - Fear The Turtle!
    Posts
    7,537
    Originally posted by solarflare
    My favorite line is this: "The Chinese government is banking on the launch [...] demonstrating China's technological prowess," even though the craft and gear are made from old Soviet parts .
    The real question is, what are the effects of a bowl of rice and chopsticks in space???

  8. #1073
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia ***Epoch: Timeless***
    Posts
    560
    Originally posted by Mick
    The real question is, what are the effects of a bowl of rice and chopsticks in space???
    If you've read Titan by Stephen Baxter (very good book), then it could mean the destruction of humanity . In the book, the chinese nuke an asteroid to align it to head straight into the US, but the asteroid is too big and wipes out all humans on the earth. Wonderful, isn't it. And the book opens with the scene of Columbia being destroyed as it is coming in from orbit .
    SolarFlare

    Those who cling to life die and those who defy death live. -Sun Tzu

    cout << endl;
    return 0;
    }

  9. #1074
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Maryland - Fear The Turtle!
    Posts
    7,537
    Originally posted by solarflare
    If you've read Titan by Stephen Baxter (very good book), then it could mean the destruction of humanity . In the book, the chinese nuke an asteroid to align it to head straight into the US, but the asteroid is too big and wipes out all humans on the earth. Wonderful, isn't it. And the book opens with the scene of Columbia being destroyed as it is coming in from orbit .
    I like lucifer's hammer as my end of times page turner...have you read that???

    a review...

    http://book.realbuy.info/0449208133.html

    it's even set in caaaalifornication......

  10. #1075
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Maryland - Fear The Turtle!
    Posts
    7,537
    when you ban guns, only criminals will own guns

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/3195908.stm

  11. #1076
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    3,863
    Well because if you ban anything then anyone who owns it is a
    criminal by definition.

    Again, don't get me wrong, I am not for banning guns. Prohibition
    is never the solution to human weakness and "evil".
    Wakeup in the morning and kick the day in the teeth!! Or something like that.

    "i don't want to write leak free code or most efficient code, like others traditional (so called expert) coders do."

  12. #1077
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    lake of fire and brimstone
    Posts
    1,617
    Originally posted by Mick
    when you ban guns, only criminals will own guns
    And policemen. And soldiers. And those that have a license.
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞

  13. #1078
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Maryland - Fear The Turtle!
    Posts
    7,537
    Originally posted by Simon666
    And policemen. And soldiers. And those that have a license.
    really those that have a license??? and who sets that??? If you had your way, would you not do away with all guns? Isn't this a bit of a fantasy world? Are you really telling me, that I couldn't manufacture a gun all by my lonesome self? So what have you accomplished, nothing but allow those that would do evil to have the advantage, but then, you'd say don't resist right? just give the money too them, what if they aren't there for the money???

    and I suppose you think this guy is wrong right?

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/italy/stor...061765,00.html

  14. #1079
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Maryland - Fear The Turtle!
    Posts
    7,537
    Originally posted by souldog
    Well because if you ban anything then anyone who owns it is a
    criminal by definition.

    Again, don't get me wrong, I am not for banning guns. Prohibition
    is never the solution to human weakness and "evil".
    Then I will be a criminal, and move to a state like montana or idaho, and join my fellow criminals out there...

    /Ruby Ridge...

  15. #1080
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    lake of fire and brimstone
    Posts
    1,617
    Originally posted by Mick
    really those that have a license??? and who sets that???
    Yes really, and the state, based upon a clean criminal record and, fine mental health.
    Originally posted by Mick
    If you had your way, would you not do away with all guns? Isn't this a bit of a fantasy world? Are you really telling me, that I couldn't manufacture a gun all by my lonesome self?
    No, I would not do away all guns. Yes, that would be a fantasy world, and exactly why I'm not in favor of it as you try to simplify (small minds need to simplify to understand things). And yes, you could manufacture guns by yourself, as you can manufacture bombs by yourself, but you would risk killing or maiming yourself. We've had criminals in Belgium who blew themselves up when manufacturing an explosives to rob a money transport (lost both hands and eyesight + burnwounds).
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞

Page 72 of 157 FirstFirst ... 22626970717273747582122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Azure Activities Information Page

Windows Mobile Development Center


Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

This is a CodeGuru survey question.


Featured


HTML5 Development Center