CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Report

Formula fields

Hello Babu,

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried your both suggestions. All are correct but still my report is not getting activated.
    One doubt came in my mind, Is it any problem if I convert any report from version 4.x to 8 and then trying to use?

Please tell me.

Amit Khardenavis

Problem with Printing report

Hi,

I am using the following code to view a report in VB.

--------
    Dim CrxApp As New CRAXDRT.Application
    Dim CrxRpt As CRAXDRT.Report

Set CrxRpt = CrxApp.OpenReport("emp.rpt")

CrxRpt.DiscardSavedData
    CRViewer1.ReportSource = CrxRpt
    CRViewer1.ViewReport
    ------------

This works fine. Now I want to use something similar to print the report without showing it on screen.

I searched this forum and got 2 methods of doing this

1) setting the destination property of the Crviewer object to the printer.... However, I dont see a destination property for this object - (I am using crystal reports 8.5)

2) using CRViewer1.PrintReport

When I do this, I get a blank CrViewer control i.e. the control appears without the report and nothing is printed.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks in advance
    Satish

Re: Problem with Printing report

hi,

Open object browser and select crystal report library, for more details aboud class objects.

yours,
    K.Babu

Originally posted by Satishpp
    Hi,

I am using the following code to view a report in VB.

--------
    Dim CrxApp As New CRAXDRT.Application
    Dim CrxRpt As CRAXDRT.Report

Set CrxRpt = CrxApp.OpenReport("emp.rpt")

CrxRpt.DiscardSavedData
    CRViewer1.ReportSource = CrxRpt
    CRViewer1.ViewReport
    ------------

This works fine. Now I want to use something similar to print the report without showing it on screen.

I searched this forum and got 2 methods of doing this

1) setting the destination property of the Crviewer object to the printer.... However, I dont see a destination property for this object - (I am using crystal reports 8.5)

2) using CRViewer1.PrintReport

When I do this, I get a blank CrViewer control i.e. the control appears without the report and nothing is printed.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks in advance
    Satish
    Please avoid sending emails to my personal mail:
    write your doubts as thread in Codeguru
    Crystal Reports Forum

This will help all people having similar matters, and will let people who know solutions on the specific topic
    share their knowledge.

Visit my company web site (Qmax Test Equipments Private Limited)

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Re: Formula fields

hi,

Make sure all the formulas value are received correctly,

eg. Insert all the formula fields in crystal report, and then preview the formulas value are stored correct format, esspecially date value.

yours,
    K.Babu

Originally posted by akhardenavis
    Hello Babu,

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried your both suggestions. All are correct but still my report is not getting activated.
    One doubt came in my mind, Is it any problem if I convert any report from version 4.x to 8 and then trying to use?

Please tell me.

Amit Khardenavis
    Crystal Reports Forum

This will help all people having similar matters, and will let people who know solutions on the specific topic
    share their knowledge.

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Question Crystal Report Version Info

Hi Babu,

I'm not using Visual Basic, but I think you can help me with this problem. Is there a way to tell what version of Crystal Report is running on the computer? I have problem with printing multiple copies of a report on different versions of Crystal using Visual C++. I'm not too familiar with all the code interfacing with Crystal yet since I'm taking over a project that ist started by someone else. If I print on version 7.0 I get the correct number of copies, but if I print on version 8.5, I get an exponential number of copies. For example, if I put 3, I get 9 copies instead. I'm thinking if I can retrieve the version information, maybe I can get around this problem. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
    CPB

slow report

When using a record selection formula on a large database table (~60,000 records) it takes several minutes for the CRViewer to come up if it is searching for more than one record. If I remove the record selection formula and just let it do the whole MS Access Table I get the same slow response. The report is not a simple one. I am using the Crystal Report ActiveX Designer within my VB application because there are two different pictures that get loaded onto each report. The report uses info from four tables and also contains a subreport. If the recordselectionformula states a field and a unique value that only returns one record the report comes up in seconds. If two or more records meet the recordselectionformula then it takes several minutes. If you have any thoughts on how to improve its performance please let me know.
    Last edited by masonad; January 24th, 2003 at 08:24 PM.

Unhappy How to access ms access secure database in crystal reports 8.0 with vb6

Hello babu.

Please help me how i can access password protected database in crystal reports 8.0 with vb6 .how i can pass password at runtime to crystal reports please answer me soon.

Thanx in Advance.
    Nazim

Not seeing new XML column

I manually added a new column in my XML file.

I put it in both my schema and in the data section.

The new column does not show up in field explorer even though I disconnected and reconnected to the database, as well as, leaving and restarting Crystal.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Gary

Never Mind.

My bad.

I had to choose verify database from the database menu for it to see the changed XML schema.

Re: How to access ms access secure database in crystal reports 8.0 with vb6

hi

Use the following small code to access login and password from crystal report.

crCommon.LogonInfo(0)= "dsn=;uid=;pwd=Hello;dsq="
    crCommon.DataFiles(0)= "C:\Mydata.mdb"

yours friendly,
    k.Babu

Originally posted by nazimocp
    Hello babu.

Please help me how i can access password protected database in crystal reports 8.0 with vb6 .how i can pass password at runtime to crystal reports please answer me soon.

Thanx in Advance.
    Nazim
    Crystal Reports Forum

share their knowledge.

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

hi Friends,

Make sure your database path was correct, when using "verify database" this may change the database full path of the report file.

This will cause problem when at distribute other computers.

yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Originally posted by ghoran
    Never Mind.

My bad.

I had to choose verify database from the database menu for it to see the changed XML schema.
    Crystal Reports Forum

share their knowledge.

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Re: slow report

hi Friends,

Use stored query from your database, filter records using with parameters(), This will filter number of records when at using crystal report.

yours friendly,
    k.Babu

Originally posted by masonad
    When using a record selection formula on a large database table (~60,000 records) it takes several minutes for the CRViewer to come up if it is searching for more than one record. If I remove the record selection formula and just let it do the whole MS Access Table I get the same slow response. The report is not a simple one. I am using the Crystal Report ActiveX Designer within my VB application because there are two different pictures that get loaded onto each report. The report uses info from four tables and also contains a subreport. If the recordselectionformula states a field and a unique value that only returns one record the report comes up in seconds. If two or more records meet the recordselectionformula then it takes several minutes. If you have any thoughts on how to improve its performance please let me know.
    Crystal Reports Forum

share their knowledge.

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Unhappy How to access password protected database

Thanx for ur answer but it did't solve the prob i am using crystal report 8.0 and ther is no property or method of logoninfo

crReport.LogonInfo(0) i counld not found this property in crystal report 8.0 but there is a method crReport.database.tables(0).setLogonInfo "Servername,uid,pass") but i am using database file driver not oledb or dsn i am using direct database file.

Please help me to solve this prob
    thanx in advance
    Nazim

Hello babu ,

from where i can download crystal report ...

could you give me links ?

thankx ,,,

Does anyone have an sample to show me how it works with visual c++?

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast