CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 182526272829303138 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Report

I am new to crystal reports so plz help me.

I want the previewed report to omit fields from the database based on what their value is.

For example, if we have a mailing list: The address is made from three seperate fields. If any of the fields are a certain value, like "NULL" (A string) then I don't want NULL to appear in the previewed report. It would be better if these values were filtered out in some way without sacrificing the way the mailing list address is formatted.

Ideas?

Thank you in advance.

++Roddy

Filter out fields based on value.

I want the previewed report to omit fields from the database based on what their value is.

For example, if we have a mailing list: The address is made from three seperate fields. If any of the fields are a certain value, like "NULL" (A string) then I don't want NULL to appear in the previewed report. It would be better if these values were filtered out in some way without sacrificing the way the mailing list address is formatted. (Ie, no NULL's and no blank lines.)

Ideas?

Thank you in advance.

++Roddy

Re: Filter out fields based on value.

Hi,

Enable Supress Blank Lines in section format

Thanks.

Originally posted by Roddy

For example, if we have a mailing list: The address is made from three seperate fields. If any of the fields are a certain value, like "NULL" (A string) then I don't want NULL to appear in the previewed report. It would be better if these values were filtered out in some way without sacrificing the way the mailing list address is formatted. (Ie, no NULL's and no blank lines.)

Ideas?

Thank you in advance.

++Roddy
    Please avoid sending emails to my personal mail:
    write your doubts as thread in Codeguru
    Crystal Reports Forum

This will help all people having similar matters, and will let people who know solutions on the specific topic
    share their knowledge.

Visit my company web site (Qmax Test Equipments Private Limited)

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Babu,

I posted this earlier on the main page, I'm hoping you may be able to help me with this. I looked through your responses and didn't find anything that matched this problem:

Can you pass a formula from a SubReport back to a main report?

I have a report with tables with one to many relationship. Header table with many detail records. The subreport is currently calculating an amount on the many to one detail table and I would like to pass that figure back to the main report for further use.
    The problem is that my main report does not have access to the subreport's formulas that I can see nor vice versa.
    Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Programaticaly adding a FieldObject into a TextObject

Hi Babu, Hi All

I am VB-Developer and I Designed a large set of Reports which are accessed from a VB-Application and a ISAPI Application ... works very good.

Well, now we get multilingual, and this Reports should this functionality too.

I implemented this functionality in that way:
    I open a Report in the Runtime DesigneComponent (8.5) and I replace the translated text in all TextObjects.

Works fine too ... but unless I have to Replace The Text in a TextObject, which includes at least one Field object.

TextObject-Example with including FieldObject (View in the ReportDesigner):
    "Your Invoice No. [InVoiceNo] amounts [Amount] EURO."

I had no chance to get any info about this extendet Properties of a TextObject.

The only chance i have is the Text-Property of the TextObject. But this only replies (for the example I mentioned) the Value: "Your Invoice No. [] amounts [] EURO."

My Question is: How can I cance the Text in an extendet Textbox, without loosing the including FieldObjects?

Arrow CrystalReport 3-level sales report - missing data if no row at level3

Hi - just posted a CrystalReport thread at
    http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showth...hreadid=260497
    Meant to add it to this thread but it went to VB programming...

Hi Confucius,

you can easyly solve your problem with shared variables, which are valid within MainReport and SubReports.

Do it this way:

use a Formula in head of the MainReport:
    Shared currencyVar x := 0;

a Formula at end of your SubReport :
    Shared currencyVar x ;
    x = {@Amount}

and a Formula on the place in the MainReport, where you need the Sum:

Shared currencyVar x ;
    x

All this are Crystal-Syntax

Babu,

I posted this earlier on the main page, I'm hoping you may be able to help me with this. I looked through your responses and didn't find anything that matched this problem:

Can you pass a formula from a SubReport back to a main report?

I have a report with tables with one to many relationship. Header table with many detail records. The subreport is currently calculating an amount on the many to one detail table and I would like to pass that figure back to the main report for further use.
    The problem is that my main report does not have access to the subreport's formulas that I can see nor vice versa.
    Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry i forgot to mention that you have to declare the variable in every Formula, in which you need it.
    But it has the last value which was assigned.

Shared Variables have the sane memory area for a variable in Report-SubReports.

Thanks Duman, I'll give it a shot.

Re: Concatenate

Hi,

The Output what you have shown is one column with many rows... ... Right ?

One small solution can be given: see to that how you use to your situation..

1. Group that Column
    2. If needed no data's can be displayed in that Group.
    3. Create a Formula. Inside the formula, introduce a Variable and concatenate that Field values.

4. In Group Footer Show that Formula.

Just check with this. If not just attach your .Rpt files. Let me solve it, if possible..

Okay, Just try with the above Solu:

Alll the Best !!!

Originally posted by Shinyee
    Hello,

How can I concatenate data in a field? Example, I got an output of data that print out on the report as one data per row:
    and I want it to look like
    20, 25, 41, 56

The number of data in the field various.

Thanks.
    your's
    Soundar

Doubts In Formula Editor *******

Hi,

Iam creating an Report using Crystal Report. In the Formula Editor a get this error

"The remaining text does not appear to be part of the Formula":

Check the Attachment for clear understanding:

Do reply for this.... !!! and

thank U!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    your's
    Soundar

Grouping

I have created a crystal SQL queire to select my data for a report however when I use the queire in the report I only get the option to group by the numeric feilds where as when I make a connection to the data base through the report I can chose any feild to group by.
    Also if I create a report using a specific database can that be changed using a VB or Borland builder to change the source location.

Crystal Report for VS2003 installation trouble

Hi,

For VS2002 they used to build a runtime for the subject with the following megre modules:
    managed.msm
    database_access.msm
    database_access_enu.msm
    regwiz.msm
    VC_CRT.msm
    VC_STL.msm
    It was also a known issue about ATL.msm, which updated atl.dll, in orderd to eliminate the Load report failed error. All this used to work fine, until I was forced to upgrade to VS2003. I discovered, that the names of all the merge modules had changed, but tried my best guess:
    Crystal_Database_Access2003.msm
    Crystal_Database_Access2003_enu.msm
    Crystal_Managed2003.msm
    Crystal_regwiz2003.msm
    VC_User_ATL71_RTL_X86_---.msm
    VC_User_CRT71_RTL_X86_---.msm
    VC_User_STL71_RTL_X86_---.msm
    However, this leaves me with the Load report failed error. I tried to find the atl.dll on the target system, and found atl.dll in the system directory (the old one, I suspect), and some atl71.dll in the Application Folder of the installation. To me this looks a bit suspicious, but I can guess no further. Will anybody who knows for certain please help? BTW, the target system is w98.

Grateful in advance, Alexey

Re: Grouping

Hi robot96

the onyl fieldtype you cant group on is MEMO.

If you still want to Group on that fields, convert them in your SQL-Clause as Varchar.

Originally posted by robot96
    I have created a crystal SQL queire to select my data for a report however when I use the queire in the report I only get the option to group by the numeric feilds where as when I make a connection to the data base through the report I can chose any feild to group by.
    Also if I create a report using a specific database can that be changed using a VB or Borland builder to change the source location.

Crystal Reports is ganna make me loose my job...

About 1 month ago I demonstrated an application written in VB.

In this software I included crystal reports, because the standard reports don't have that kind of functionality.

Now the demo went really fine, no issues or such things. I did not change anything to the application, BUT, now when I wanted to install the full application, the reports don't wanna work.

1. I get the error: 'Physical Database not found!'
    2. The report references a location eg. 'c:\program files\app\app.mdb
    3. This report is using the CRViewer control, and the actual report designed in VB -> 'Designers'...

For some reason the reports don't wanna see the Database, BUT the actual Database, is refelecting, at the location, that the report points to, I have verified the Database, and I also made sure to set the location of the report to the directory where the report resides...

I am using the MyReport.DataSource = (ado recordset). (As explained by Crystal Reports, this actually did work). But now it does not work....?

Question: Is there maybe a property that I can use to programmatically "Set" the report's database location?

Please help this is urgent .....

Thanx in advance...

xIRC
    Last edited by xIRC; September 1st, 2003 at 11:32 AM.

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 182526272829303138 ... LastLast