CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1926272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Report

Example ...

Set PreviewReport = New CrystalReportInvoice

PreviewReport.Database.SetDataSource adoMainRecordSet
    CRViewerReport.ReportSource = PreviewReport

CRViewerReport.ViewReport

adoMainRecordSet <- points to my recordset, but for some reason this aint working anymore, it used to ... ?

I also did re-install crystal reports, but it's the same version, with the same setup feautures, also installed it fully .... ?

For Accounts Project

Hi,

Iam using Crystal Report for Accounts Project, In that we have Balance Sheet : format sample

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Liability | Asset
    Share Capital XXXX Fixed Asset XXXX
    Loans XXXX Investment XXXX
    C.Liability XXXX C.Asset XXXX

XXXX XXXX

The Values for the first line is not in first record. Each and every item will be a record.

Solution for this, required ..... Thank You..

Soundar
    your's
    Soundar

fields get overwritten

I am using Crystal Reports through a Rational product - ClearQuest. All fields have been defined in ClearQuest and I just insert the field objects in the report design. The fields that I use are of type text and vary in their size (and could be 1 line or 50 lines). When I place these fields one below the other, they get overwritten. The second field that comes below the first one should start a couple of lines on completion of the first one.
    What should I do to prevent this?

User selected parameters to Crystal in runtime

Hello Babu,
    I am new in programming, especially in Crystal Reports! From a web form, I am sending few parametrs to another web form where I will use them to create a crystal report.

I have the database connection, parametrs and evrything added for Crystal report to be generated, but an user can select only 1 choice and 1 parameter can be sent to the other form. Maybe all 3 choices or different combinations of 2 parameters!

How do I write or where do I put the logic for crystal report to expect different numbers of parameters?
    I thought Crystal Report was simple, but it's making me crazy.

Right now, I have a report set up that requires all 3 parametrs.

I need to create reports, according to what user selects! With 1 , 2 or all 3 parameters. Also sorting by a certain parameter.
    One more thing, I need to display the report in .PDF format in webform. (vb.net)

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Redistributing (DLL - ****)

The project I created in VB 6, using MS Access.

Now redistributing this project to a client's PC works fine. I use the MDAC version 2.6. I created an installation file, and installed the application on the client's PC. I used the standard references, to dll included by the setup wizard. This works fine.

Now testing the application on the client's PC this actually run 100% fine, until I reach the reports, then I get the error: "Physical database not found.". This error, is 'caused by some dll files not being included on the client's PC. Now using Crystal reports I use, the RDC Model, and it's v 8.0. So I read up on this, and included these files on the client's pc, and it worked ... it got past this error. At this stage I'm faced with another error. "Can not create DAO DBEngine". I went on to install MS Access on the client's PC, and tested the application once more. It worked

My question stand at, this stage, according to Crystal Reports one needs to include 3 .dll files for this to work, when Access IS present. But what happens when the client does not have MS Access, installed, and he/she won't be able to install MS Access, remember the application does work when comunicating with the .mdb file. it's only the reports not working, so I thought this must be .dll files from Crystal Reports itself that I also need to distribute with the installation CD ????

Any help on this, I did read an article explaining this, but I tried that, and it did not work ...

Thanx in advance ...

xIRC

Crystal Report

I would like to know how can I do printing, by scaping the preview. I'M currently using Crystal Report 8.5. IF I do printing without doing the preview, I dont get any data that should repect in my prinout.

Dynamic Reporting in .NET

Greetings Babu -

I was wondering if you could help me with some dynamic reporting issues that I have at the moment. I am working in C#, and am currently designing a program that will pull data from a SQL table (most likely into a dataset, so that each query run won't have the total roundtrip cost...I am still looking into it), and then allow the user to select to query the data using either pre-created queries, or by creating their own, and then selecting the report that they would like to see the data displayed in.

My problem is this - I have seen the dynamic report example for C#, and I can see what is being done in the code, but I do not understand how to create Formulas and such with the report designer that will allow me to pass parameters from the user into the report.

So: I have the application- / programming-level knowledge to utilize a user-defined field, but I do not know how to actually create the field within the Crystal Reports Designer included with .NET 2003. Can you help me with this?

Many thanks for your time.

Ciao,
    Garret
    Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.
    -Mother Theresa

Re: Redistributing (DLL - ****)

Hi,

You have to install ODBC Data Source to your client machine, it's free download available in microsoft, make sure the file name MDAC_TYP.exe version 2.6.

so, you no need to install ms access.

yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Originally posted by xIRC
    The project I created in VB 6, using MS Access.

Now redistributing this project to a client's PC works fine. I use the MDAC version 2.6. I created an installation file, and installed the application on the client's PC. I used the standard references, to dll included by the setup wizard. This works fine.

Now testing the application on the client's PC this actually run 100% fine, until I reach the reports, then I get the error: "Physical database not found.". This error, is 'caused by some dll files not being included on the client's PC. Now using Crystal reports I use, the RDC Model, and it's v 8.0. So I read up on this, and included these files on the client's pc, and it worked ... it got past this error. At this stage I'm faced with another error. "Can not create DAO DBEngine". I went on to install MS Access on the client's PC, and tested the application once more. It worked

My question stand at, this stage, according to Crystal Reports one needs to include 3 .dll files for this to work, when Access IS present. But what happens when the client does not have MS Access, installed, and he/she won't be able to install MS Access, remember the application does work when comunicating with the .mdb file. it's only the reports not working, so I thought this must be .dll files from Crystal Reports itself that I also need to distribute with the installation CD ????

Any help on this, I did read an article explaining this, but I tried that, and it did not work ...

Thanx in advance ...

xIRC
    Please avoid sending emails to my personal mail:
    write your doubts as thread in Codeguru
    Crystal Reports Forum

This will help all people having similar matters, and will let people who know solutions on the specific topic
    share their knowledge.

Visit my company web site (Qmax Test Equipments Private Limited)

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Crystal ActiveX Control 8.0 Version (required runtime files)

Dear Friends,

The following files are required at runtime, when using Crystal ActiveX Control Version 8.0

CRYSTL32.OCX Crystal Reports ActiveX Control
    MFCANS32.DLL OLE2ANSI Library
    OLEPRO32.DLL OLE Property Support DLL
    CRPE32.DLL Interface to the Crystal Report Engine
    CRPAIG80.DLL Crystal Reports text object support
    IMPLODE.DLL Compression Library
    MFC42.DLL Microsoft Foundation Class Libraries
    MSVCIRT.DLL Runtime Library
    MSVCP60.DLL Runtime Library

You have to register crystl32.ocx using with regsvr32.exe.

Thanks,
    K.Babu
    Last edited by K.Babu; September 22nd, 2003 at 10:43 PM.
    Crystal Reports Forum

This will help all people having similar matters, and will let people who know solutions on the specific topic
    share their knowledge.

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

SQL server Link in Visualbasic To CR

I have reports in my visual basic project and i but database oben by code in project to example server1
    and also when create reports i assign server1 to report in my project
    but how i can change from server1 to another server have the same database and tables and everything without gfo to each report to change server name

Re: SQL server Link in Visualbasic To CR

Hi,

1. From your vb application Which method you are using to access the crystal report engine?

2. What type of backend you want to connect (Backend Name)?

3. crystal report version?

4. Paste your sample code of connection database source?

Thanks
    K.Babu

Originally posted by fahedksa
    I have reports in my visual basic project and i but database oben by code in project to example server1
    and also when create reports i assign server1 to report in my project
    but how i can change from server1 to another server have the same database and tables and everything without gfo to each report to change server name
    Crystal Reports Forum

share their knowledge.

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Solution: Problem Crystal Report 8.0 Export to PDF Format (required runtime files)

Dear Friends,

I received more emails regarding problem while crystal report export to PDF format.

This problem happens when distribute the vb application using with crystal report to client machine.

This problem may occurs file missing (PDF export relation) or not registered properly in windows.

Export PDF format (Crystal Report Ver 8.0)
    Following files are required run time.

CRXF_PDF.DLL PDF format.
    EXPORTMODELLER.DLL Creates a representation of the Crystal Encapsulated Page Format (EPF). The representation is used by the export format DLL as a basis when translating to it’s own format.
    CRTSLV.DLL Used by EXPORTMODELLER.DLL to process the EPF.

Note: ExportModeller.dll and Crtslv.dll should regester using with regsvr32.exe

Thanks
    K.Babu
    Crystal Reports Forum

share their knowledge.

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

1-The code i use to connect visual basic to SQL Database

DB.Open "Provider=sqloledb;Data Source=server1;
    initial Catalog=stock;Persist Security Info=False;
    Integrated Security=SSPI"

then i can use deal with my projrct without any problem here.

2-Connect database to crystal report
    i assign the databsed in report by choosing the oledbsql from add database
    to report and thats it.

My problem as i said is :
    my report work fine with my project ,when i was initalize these report
    i but sql server (Server1) and to these points every thing Ok.

But if i want change from server1 to server3 should i go to all
    reports to do these.

I use crystal report 8.5
    O.S XP,2000
    Visual Basic 6

Question Please Help! i'm having problems with crystal report

hi babu !

please help me,,,am still a newbie in crystal reports.
    i want to ask what particular control should i use in a form to run a crystal report,,, the crviewer seems to have a problem. i get an error when registering the crystl32.ocx

if you can discuss to me how should i start..please! thanks very much in advance!

zhel
    Last edited by zhel; September 25th, 2003 at 04:13 AM.

Data not shown in report

I am using VB.NET. Firstly I created a crystal report(a rpt file) in it, Then I created a new form, where I drag teh crystal report viewer into the new form. Then I link the souce of the rpt file to the database which I want to retrive the data from.
    But when I ran the report, I could only see the table with the fields..no data appeared. What is the problem?

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1926272829303132 ... LastLast