CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Report

Reports Not Show

Dear K. Babu.. how r u...
    I face a problem in projects of VB when calling Reports through Crystal Report ActiveX Control that is the report some times does not show i mean if application is run and some reports are frequently used all of a sudden they fails to show and again to show i have to close the application and then run it again.. pls help me...

Smile

Dear NasirAbbas,

I was facing the same problem with my VB6 and CR9 app.

LogoffServer worked fine for me. Everytime I close my viewer window I Logoffserver.

cReport.Database.LogOffServer "crdb_dao.dll", gsDatabase, gsDatabase, "", ""

Maybe it helps...

Ricardo

Placing background image in Detial section

Hi ,
    I am using CR7.0 version and i want to place a jpeg picture as background image in detail section when all records are displayed simultaneuosly (one by one just like in Grid).When i am printing a single record it is coming correct what i need,but when i want to print all(nearly 10 ) records it is not getting what i need......

My printer is colour printer and it is HP Deskjet color printer and all my Cry Reps are printing in Black and White and when i am printing the same reports in Data Report it is printing Colour.....

I have a created database in MS Access XP and having some tables in that database.From CR7.0 i can't able to open the database and it is giving error like unrecongnised database..

Please help me because i need this Urgent !!!!!
    Thanks !!!!!!

I want to create a report that's based on a user's selection, basically a form with checkboxes and comboboxes. The end user will not have to write an sql statement.

to start with, I have a form with check boxes and comboboxes and based on those that are selected i want to be able to grab that record or count the number of records. That's the easy part. I'm stuck on how i go about displaying that information on to the report. How do i go about putting that into a field? Is the field unbound??? I'd do an Add Command but it's not known until runtime what will be selected or what will be needed until runtime.

Also I want to be able to edit a text object without having to actually going to the report design, specifically in the page header. I want to be able to have some code that will do that for me but i'm at a loss here too.

for e.g., suppose the end user wanted to know the total number of orders sold rather than the total number of employees. how would that be displayed? (From access northwind.mdb)

preview mode

Hi,

I have one crystal report that I can not add or move fields on the preview mode. Why?

Pleae help

Thanks

Wink Crystal report bitmap

I want to configure the crystal report template file to allow application to dynamically set the link to the bitmap from code.

Is this possible? Do I use PESetFormula(...) for this?

Or do I need to hardcode the path and name of bitmap file in my crystal report template?

Thanks

__Manan__

Post how to use Parameter Field in VB

I m using VB 6, crystal report 8 and oracle 9.

I m getting problem to using parameter field through VB.

Please give me code of vb for how to pass parameter through VB using parameter fields

crystal with ado.net dataset and xml

hi group,

i'm new to crystal with vs.net and did some reports for a website after reading the wrox book.

now i try to depoly my first winform app with crystal reports in it and it doesn't work. everything's fine on the pc where i developped it, but on any other pc i get an error message that i try to translate from german: querry module error: c:\windows\temp\temp_15....f9.rpt

i did the following: first create an xml dataset that was used to create the report from. next i fill another dataset with runtime filtered data from my database. this works, i can see it in the datagrid. than i set the report datasource to the dataset with the filtered data and execute it.

than i built a setup project, which reports no errors and deployed the solution. the form works fine, only when i hit the buton to connect the report to the dataset i get the above mentioned error.

any help?

thanx anyway

chris

Crystal Report 8.5:Using Sub Reports

Crystal Report 8.5

I am using a sub report. I have inserted the subreport into my primary report via the report designer.When i invoke the primary report from my VB6 application i get an error "File Not Found". I guess this is because the VB appilication cannot find the path for the sub report. How can i specify the path of the sub report in the VB Application?
    Regards,

Aman

Dear Mr. Babu

I am working on a test project. Were I use access 2000 and VB and for report crystal report. In access I have 25 tables with collect data about 25 different dimensions of an auto part. I created a report using crystal report and put 25 fields [field name 'dimension'] from each database into report. For eg my report looks like.
    dimen1.value, dimen2.value, dimen3.value and so on till 25 dimension.

Now after creating a report I entered first record with 25 dimension i.e. one value per table. After that I entered 2nd record in which I put only 4 dimension. Now when I preview the report my problem is 1 record show all the 25 dimen. perfectly but 2nd record which has only 4 dimension shows first 4 dimension correctly but from the fifth dimension it shows records of first record.

I am really confused . Why the 2nd row in report shows the data in 5th dimension of first record. 2nd row in report is supposed to be blank as I have entered only 4 dimensions. If you can guide then please help

Hi All,
    I am a new learner and user of Crystal reports. I have one query. I have made a line chart. I have made it thru chart expert, in that the names of the legends were automatically created by the software and I have no ways to change it.
    eg. My table structure is

Week Date
    Plan Number
    Actual Number
    Forecast Number

On my X-Axis the vales of weeks are shown and on Y Axis -- forecast, Actual and Plan values are shown. SO when I create a grapf, the legend names are automatically given by the software as.... sum of plan......
    sum of forecast
    sum of Actual

I want to change it to Just Plan, Actual, Forecast. How to go about it?

Please help me as I have to submit my work to client in few days.

Thanx & Regards
    Varsha

Hi,
    I have a very simple problem: I have a selection parameter that is defined as string. During selection I want to define a search query using wildcards on a defined DB field. So I have defined the selection parameter as follows:

{db.column_name} like {?PARAMETER}

The compiler returns an error on the PARAMETER saying that it is not a string.
    If I try to convert the parameter using functions like toText the error changes into somethingh like "number, date, boolean required".

Is there any document that can help developing with Crystal Report?

Thanks in advance.

Help please!

Hi K. Babu! I hope you can help me with my dilemma.

Can i put page columns in a crystal report??? If it is possible, how can i do it??

Attached is the format i want to do with my report

Thanks in advance!

Joy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Inserting images iin crystal report

How do i insert variable number of images retrieved from database in to a crystal report at runtime.

Access Problem

HI
    I am having problem with crytal report. I am a newbie. i have made a report with the wizard and added the report form viewer control and set its source property to my report. but when i start my applicaton it asks for server, database, user and paasword what to do. i don't want this dialog to come. anybody plz could fix this problem.
    THNX IN ADVANCE
    Love U ALL

Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast