CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Images Not Displayed On Server

Ok maybe someone here can help me with this. I have a crystal report with both static images (images dragged onto the report in the designer) and images that are pulled and inserted into the report as BLOBs.

The reports are displayed fine on my machine and on the test server we use for demo builds.

When I place a build on our remote webserver the images don't display correctly. They don't show up as red x's, but only the outline of the image and the icon specifying that the object is an image is visible. Another developer is working with the project on his machine and is experiencing the same problem.

What could be causing this? I don't think this is a permissions issue, as I have given both Everyone and IUSER full read privileges on the image directories of both problem machines.

I am running Windows XP Pro and we are using Framework V1.1. The problem machines are running windows server 2003 and windows server 2000 respectively.

Does anyone have any clue as to what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Ron

Where the image files are stored? Have u tested the path is taken in a right way by ur server. (i.e, it may points to local path)

Hmm, well the path shown when I right click and view properties of the image isn't anything that I can go check... it is an image that is dynamically generated by the report engine.

Do you know of anyway I can specify the image locations as relative, as opposed to absolute? The test server that works fine is using a directory structure identical to the one I am using, however the other two machines are slightly different.

If you know how to specify a path as relative please let me know, I really appreciate it.

Ron

I'm not sure is this the right way?

For static images, store the image files in the folder where rpt files are located.

Goto your report, select the image from that path. It'll work will accessing from the server.

But for dynamic images? If it is dynamic, u must have specified the path somewhere in your code. right?

No, the images are all being specified correctly... in fact, when I generate a PDF or Word document from the report the images display just fine.

I am really curious as to what could be causing this?

Sorry, no idea

Try to search businessobjects web site. U may have some info.