CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2128293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Report

Re: How to connect to different servers at runtime

Hi,

yes, crystal report had LogOnServer method it contains server connection string, so that you can change the sql server location.

In crystal report design time, you can use "logon/off server" and "set location" to change the server location.

Regards,
    K.Babu

Originally posted by mpsudheer
    Hi ,

In crystal Report can i be able to connect to different servers based on the user input. Eg- User will select a location (Chennai, Bangalore etc..) based on which i have to connect to SQL Server on that location. I don't have a front end like VB or ASP. I have to do it directly in Crystal Report. Is it possible to do this????

Please suggest a solution

Thanks in advance

Sudheer
    Please avoid sending emails to my personal mail:
    write your doubts as thread in Codeguru
    Crystal Reports Forum

This will help all people having similar matters, and will let people who know solutions on the specific topic
    share their knowledge.

Visit my company web site (Qmax Test Equipments Private Limited)

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Export Problems

Hi,

I've created a VB exe, that dynamically opens existing *.rpt files, and exports them to pdf.
    The user can add filter the data before the export (passed via the command line).

At some of the reports (at least when an unlinked subreport is included in the report), the decimal place seems to be snipped (1.23 becomes 1.00, and 1.67 also becomes 1.00).
    Thus nearly any value is wrong.

When I open the report file in Crystal reports, everything is fine, but when I open it from Vb (also before the export, by using the CRviewer), the problem appears.
    As the Seagate support was - to put it mildly - not very helpful - maybe one of you can help

I'm using CR 8.5, SQL-Server 7 and VB6.
    have a nice day

Patzer

Lightbulb Clarification needed

Hi.

What is the difference between "LogonServer" & "Connect" method.

"LogOnInfo" method is for connecting different Servers.

If any one could, clarify me.

And ... I created Balance Sheet report with a back-end has Oracle. I used DSN. How to reflect the Report if the Schema Object is changed.

Thank You
    your's
    Soundar

Re: Clarification needed

Hi,

Use the LogOnInfo property when the report connects to multiple data sources that require different log on information. If the report connects to only a single ODBC data source or SQL server, and only a single set of log on information is required, simply pass 0 as the array index, or Connect, can be used instead.

Use a separate line of code for each table for which you want to change the logon info.

The order of tables in the array must conform to the order of tables in the report. (You can use the Database|Set Location command to determine the order of tables in the report.)

The first table in the report is array index (0), the second file is (1), etc. For example, to change the logon information of the first and third tables in a report to the NEW server, use the following syntax:

CrystalReport1.LogOnInfo(0) = "DSN = NEW;UID = 734;PWD = bigboard;DSQ = Administration1"

CrystalReport1.LogOnInfo(2) = "DSN = NEW;UID = 734;PWD =
    bigboard;DSQ = Administration2"

If You tick the check box of "verify on every print", it will automatically updates the schema object changes.

Originally posted by bsoundar
    Hi.

What is the difference between "LogonServer" & "Connect" method.

"LogOnInfo" method is for connecting different Servers.

If any one could, clarify me.

And ... I created Balance Sheet report with a back-end has Oracle. I used DSN. How to reflect the Report if the Schema Object is changed.

Thank You
    Crystal Reports Forum

This will help all people having similar matters, and will let people who know solutions on the specific topic
    share their knowledge.

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Re: Export Problems

Hi,

1. Use "SelectionFormula" to filter the data

Eg.

Cr.SelectionFormula = "{Table1.Field_name} = 'raja' "
    ------------
    2. Make sure the backend field data type allow the decimal value

------------

3. May be the CRviewer runtime library files are not properly installed.

Originally posted by Patzer
    Hi,

I've created a VB exe, that dynamically opens existing *.rpt files, and exports them to pdf.
    The user can add filter the data before the export (passed via the command line).

At some of the reports (at least when an unlinked subreport is included in the report), the decimal place seems to be snipped (1.23 becomes 1.00, and 1.67 also becomes 1.00).
    Thus nearly any value is wrong.

When I open the report file in Crystal reports, everything is fine, but when I open it from Vb (also before the export, by using the CRviewer), the problem appears.
    As the Seagate support was - to put it mildly - not very helpful - maybe one of you can help

I'm using CR 8.5, SQL-Server 7 and VB6.
    Crystal Reports Forum

share their knowledge.

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Exporting crosstab report to excel file.

Hi,

I have a report with crosstab. this crosstab appears per group. i want to export each crosstab on separate excel sheet. as the number of groups incerases, the excel sheet should also increase.

I will make it clear.

i have something as category. i create a group of this field category. now i create a crosstab and insert in detail section. so the output will be matrix report as per category. that is i will get as many crosstabs as there are categories in my table.

now i want to export this report into microsoft excel file. Microsoft Excel is a spreetsheet package. Each file is a workbook and there can be n number of worksheets into that workbook.

what i want is that each crosstab ir each group should appear in single worksheet of excel workbook. It means there should be as many worksheets in the excel workbook as there are categories or crosstabs in the report.

Looking forward for ur reply.

Thank You.
    Last edited by SayliJoshi; October 20th, 2003 at 05:24 AM.

Angry Crystal Report 9 - Deployment Problem

I used Crystal Report 9 (Crystal Report Service Pack 1) in my Visual Basic application and it working fine on my system (i am using Windows 2000 Pro - Service Pack 4, Visual Studio Service Pack 5).

Now I need to creat a Deployment wizard, which can be Run on Windows 2000 and also on WINDOWS 98 (second edition). After a long searching and working, and spending alot of time on the file required files for Crystal Report, i creat a setup. BUT that dose not work properly even though i put all the required files as per the given instruction in the Crystal Report Runtime help.

Please please help me on that matter.... GIVE me list of files which required for the setup, and also which file should be put on which Path, and which DLL should be registered.

And the most important part is WINDOWS 98, in windows 98 there is problem of UNICOWS, please also help me on that matter.

I will be really very very very very thankful to u....

I am really unable to solve the problem of Crytal Report 9.0.

Re: Crystal Report 9 - Deployment Problem

Hi,

What type of crystal report engine you are using in your vb app.
    eg. (ActiveX control, RDC)

regards,
    K.Babu

Originally posted by syedhassan4
    I used Crystal Report 9 (Crystal Report Service Pack 1) in my Visual Basic application and it working fine on my system (i am using Windows 2000 Pro - Service Pack 4, Visual Studio Service Pack 5).

Now I need to creat a Deployment wizard, which can be Run on Windows 2000 and also on WINDOWS 98 (second edition). After a long searching and working, and spending alot of time on the file required files for Crystal Report, i creat a setup. BUT that dose not work properly even though i put all the required files as per the given instruction in the Crystal Report Runtime help.

Please please help me on that matter.... GIVE me list of files which required for the setup, and also which file should be put on which Path, and which DLL should be registered.

And the most important part is WINDOWS 98, in windows 98 there is problem of UNICOWS, please also help me on that matter.

Crystal Reports Forum

share their knowledge.

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Sorry i missed this.... i am using RDC

Re: Clarification needed ... to Babu

First of all I would like to Thank you for replying.... Babu..

I tested what you said.. but i get an error stating...

x20506 Invalid Table Number

This is my coding.... Check where I made the Mistake. {First I checked the 'Verify on Every Print' in the report at Design Time} I use sub-report too.

Crys.LogonInfo(0) = "DSN=Acc;UID=abc;PWD=abc;DSQ="
    Crys.LogonInfo(1) = "DSN=Acc;UID=abc;PWD=abc;DSQ="

' SubReport
    Crys.SubreportToChange = "Liab.rpt"
    Crys.LogonInfo(2) = "DSN=Acc;UID=abc;PWD=abc;DSQ="
    Crys.SelectionFormula = lvQuery ' Query Variable

' SubReport Assets.rpt
    Crys.SubreportToChange = "Asset.rpt"
    Crys.LogonInfo(3) = "DSN=Acc;UID=abc;PWD=abc;DSQ="

' Main Report
    Crys.SubreportToChange = ""
    Crys.SelectionFormula = lvQuery
    Crys.DiscardSavedData = True
    Crys.Destination = crptToWindow
    Crys.WindowState = crptMaximized
    Crys.Action = 1

In this report 1 main report, 2 Sub-report.
    In the Main report I used 2 tables, in the Sub report, I used 1 report each.

Regards
    Soundar

Note: Expecting your Early reply.. Thank You !!
    your's
    Soundar

Re: Crystal Report 9 - Deployment Problem

The required runtime files for an application developed using the Report Designer Component are listed below.

FILE LOCATION
    CRAXDRT.DLL \PROGRAM FILES\SEAGATE SOFTWARE\REPORT DESIGNER COMPONENT
    CRVIEWER.DLL \PROGRAM FILES\SEAGATE SOFTWARE\VIEWERS\ACTIVEXVIEWER

NOTE: You must register these DLLs using regsvr32.exe.

NOTE: The Crystal Report Viewer DLL needs to be distributed if reports are being printed to the screen. If the reports are being exported or printed to the printer, and not being viewed to a window, then this DLL is not required. Note: Embeddable Crystal Reports Designer Control accesses to the report engine through using CRAXDDRT.DLL (Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer Design and Runtime Support DLL

FILE LOCATION
    IMPLODE.DLL \WINDOWS\SYSTEM or \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32
    SSCSDK80.DLL \PROGRAM FILES\SEAGATE SOFTWARE\SHARED
    PG32CONV.DLL \PROGRAM FILES\SEAGATE SOFTWARE\SHARED
    CRPAIG80.DLL \WINDOWS\SYSTEM or \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32
    MFC42.DLL \WINDOWS\SYSTEM or \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32
    MSVCRT.DLL \WINDOWS\SYSTEM or \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32

NOTE: Include IMPLODE.DLL only for applications using reports created in versions previous to SCR 8.

The following files are also must register using with regsvr32.exe

"COMCAT.DLL"
    "OLEPRO32.DLL"
    "OLEAUT2.DLL.DLL"
    "MSVBVM60.DLL"
    "MSRDO20.DLL"
    "MSSTDFMT.DLL"
    "MSADODC.OCX"
    "CRYSTL32.OCX"
    "COMDLG32.OCX"
    "MSCOMCTL.OCX"
    "MSCOMCT2.OCX"
    "MSRD2X35.DLL"
    "MSJET35.DLL"
    "DAO350.DLL"
    "EXPORTMODELLER.DLL"
    "CRTSLV.DLL"

Crystal Reports Forum

share their knowledge.

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Re: Re: Clarification needed ... to Babu

You have to specify all the information in logoninfo(n) property

DSN = Data Source Name
    UID = User Logon ID
    PWD = Logon password
    DSQ = "c:\projects\data.mdb" [or server name]

Originally posted by bsoundar
    First of all I would like to Thank you for replying.... Babu..

I tested what you said.. but i get an error stating...

x20506 Invalid Table Number

This is my coding.... Check where I made the Mistake. {First I checked the 'Verify on Every Print' in the report at Design Time} I use sub-report too.

Crys.LogonInfo(0) = "DSN=Acc;UID=abc;PWD=abc;DSQ="
    Crys.LogonInfo(1) = "DSN=Acc;UID=abc;PWD=abc;DSQ="

' SubReport
    Crys.SubreportToChange = "Liab.rpt"
    Crys.LogonInfo(2) = "DSN=Acc;UID=abc;PWD=abc;DSQ="

' SubReport Assets.rpt
    Crys.SubreportToChange = "Asset.rpt"
    Crys.LogonInfo(3) = "DSN=Acc;UID=abc;PWD=abc;DSQ="

' Main Report
    Crys.SubreportToChange = ""
    Crys.SelectionFormula = lvQuery
    Crys.DiscardSavedData = True
    Crys.Destination = crptToWindow
    Crys.WindowState = crptMaximized
    Crys.Action = 1

In this report 1 main report, 2 Sub-report.
    In the Main report I used 2 tables, in the Sub report, I used 1 report each.

Regards
    Soundar

Note: Expecting your Early reply.. Thank You !!
    Crystal Reports Forum

share their knowledge.

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Re: Exporting crosstab report to excel file.

Hi,

In Crystal Report Viewer there is an option to filter the data while viewing the report, use the filter wizard to filter the exact data whatever you need then export the content which format you wish.

Originally posted by SayliJoshi
    Hi,

I have a report with crosstab. this crosstab appears per group. i want to export each crosstab on separate excel sheet. as the number of groups incerases, the excel sheet should also increase.

I will make it clear.

i have something as category. i create a group of this field category. now i create a crosstab and insert in detail section. so the output will be matrix report as per category. that is i will get as many crosstabs as there are categories in my table.

now i want to export this report into microsoft excel file. Microsoft Excel is a spreetsheet package. Each file is a workbook and there can be n number of worksheets into that workbook.

what i want is that each crosstab ir each group should appear in single worksheet of excel workbook. It means there should be as many worksheets in the excel workbook as there are categories or crosstabs in the report.

Looking forward for ur reply.

Thank You.
    Crystal Reports Forum

share their knowledge.

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Is your problem solved?

Sorry i missed this.... i am using RDC
    Crystal Reports Forum

share their knowledge.

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Re: Re: Exporting crosstab report to excel file.

Hi

see i do not want to filter the data. i want all the groups or categories to appear in the report. while exporting i want each crosstab or category with the categoryname as name of sheet to appear in each sheet of excel file.

Pl Help .its really important.

Thank you

Originally posted by K.Babu
    Hi,

In Crystal Report Viewer there is an option to filter the data while viewing the report, use the filter wizard to filter the exact data whatever you need then export the content which format you wish.
    Last edited by SayliJoshi; October 21st, 2003 at 04:43 AM.

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2128293031323334 ... LastLast