CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2431323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Report

Re: capture parameter past and store to textbox

Hi,

Instead of parameter, display dialog form with text box for user interface, and then pass the value to "parameter" Or "formulas" to crystal report.

Formula Eg.
    CrystalReport1.Formulas(0) = "MyFormula = '" & text1.text & "'"

yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Originally posted by Cyrus
    I created a parameter passing in crystal reports so user can enter what records need to be printed i.e idnumber, is there a way to capture the parameter passed to a textbox.
    10x
    cyrus
    Please avoid sending emails to my personal mail:
    write your doubts as thread in Codeguru
    Crystal Reports Forum

This will help all people having similar matters, and will let people who know solutions on the specific topic
    share their knowledge.

Visit my company web site (Qmax Test Equipments Private Limited)

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Thumbs up Re: Re: Package and deploying in VB

Hello K.Babu, I've tried your suggestion. These files : craxdrt.dll, craxddrt.dll, crpe32.dll crviewer32.dll, crystl32.ocx, rdwiz.dll had been included in the list of files to be installed. But after I've tried, the error message is "Physical database not found" Can you find out, which file that I missed to be included in my installation files.. Eh, I 've also tried to install crystal report 8.5 to the destination computer and my program was working. I think, there must be a file or some files that I missed, like I mention above. Can you tell me which file is it, according to error message " Physical database not found"? Thank you for your kindly help!

Regards,
    Aan H.

Originally posted by K.Babu
    Hi,

Yes, I also face the same problem, which you mention bellow regarding package wizard, I don't want to R&D why package wizard not support that, so that, i written the setup script in Install Shield.

You can try by change the VB setup project manually. you have to Include all the crystal report runtime files in cab file. which is mentioned in Crystal Report Developer Runtime help document.

Note: Keep in mind, what are the files you have to register with regsvr32.exe, This details are mentioned in Developer runtime help document file.

Thanks,
    K.Babu.
    Last edited by aan_handoko; November 28th, 2003 at 02:20 AM.

Re: Re: Re: Package and deploying in VB

Hi,

I think you are using RDC Method, that's no required crystl32.ocx, Find out the RDC Method Engine Runtime Requirement Files.

IF you have not, i will give you ok.

Regards,
    K.Babu

Originally posted by aan_handoko
    Hello K.Babu, I've tried your suggestion. These files : craxdrt.dll, craxddrt.dll, crpe32.dll crviewer32.dll, crystl32.ocx, rdwiz.dll had been included in the list of files to be installed. But after I've tried, the error message is "Physical database not found" Can you find out, which file that I missed to be included in my installation files.. Eh, I 've also tried to install crystal report 8.5 to the destination computer and my program was working. I think, there must be a file or some files that I missed, like I mention above. Can you tell me which file is it, according to error message " Physical database not found"? Thank you for your kindly help!

Regards,
    Aan H.

Please avoid sending emails to my personal mail:
    write your doubts as thread in Codeguru
    Crystal Reports Forum

This will help all people having similar matters, and will let people who know solutions on the specific topic
    share their knowledge.

Visit my company web site (Qmax Test Equipments Private Limited)

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

i need to print direct to the printer vb6

hello
    i m using vb6 and cr9

i need to automatic print a report to a printer

Private Sub Form_Load()
    Dim mum As Integer
    num = Vendas_clientes.txtID_VENDA.Caption
    num = num + 0
    Screen.MousePointer = vbHourglass
    If Not (Report.ParameterFields.item(1).CurrentValue = num) Then
    Report.ParameterFields.item(1).AddCurrentValue (num)

End If

Screen.MousePointer = vbHourglass
    CRViewer91.ReportSource = Report
    CRViewer91.ViewReport
    Screen.MousePointer = vbDefault
    CRViewer91.PrintReport

End Sub

and another thing

how can i based on the printer name (but if need more information is easy aquired)
    select a printer for the report to be printed in runtime
    i have selected a specifeid printer for each report but i may need to print the report to a network printer and same times a local printer

i easaly get the printer names
    Dim pr As Printer
    '
    '
    '
    'Private Sub CmdPrinter_Click()
    ' For Each pr In Printers
    ' Combo1.AddItem pr.DeviceName
    ' Next
    'End Sub

now i need to send the report for one of the printers

tks for your help

and keep on the good work you have done

Formatting Fields

Two questions:

1. I have a field in an Access database that is a Date/Time field and contains times. When I add this field to my Crystal Report it is displayed as a date instead of a time. How do I change the formatting?

2. The report has a summary field that adds all of the minutes that have elapsed but because the field is a numeric field, rather than a time field, the summary will show things like 253 minutes. How can I get the report to calculate minutes before printing?

The version of Crystal I am using is 4.6.1.0

Thanks

can i use crystal reports instead of a listview ?

Hello !
    i want to ask a question.
    can i use crystal reports instead of a listview control in order to
    display results in the same manner like the listview?
    moreover i want that when i click on a columnheader that the
    records are ordered according to this column.
    so i want a columnheader_click event or something like that.

is there a tutorial for doing all this stuff ?

thanks !
    Public Sub BUSH()
    Do while Not isEmpty(World)
    Kill World.Country(1)
    Loop
    End Sub

Unhappy Crystal reports parameters passing VC++ ICRReport

I use CR with Visual C++ 6.0 and I don't use CR Active X viewer because it does not export correct the reports.
    Instead, I access the reports preview using "cpeaut32.h" (ICRApplication, ICRReport, ICRView etc.).
    I need to pass some parameters at runtime to the report, but I couldn't find a way. There is a an interface ICRParameterFieldDefinition but i couldn't figure how to use it.
    It would be very helpful an advice or example about how can I can do this.

Need Help with VB6.0 & CR 8

Hello Dear Babu,
    Nice to meet you through this forum. I am developing some Crystal Reports in Version 8.
    These are not ordinary reports where we can connect to one database from report and so on...

My problem is i have many databases, in them more than one table in each database.
    R:\\2000\WM5.mdb
    R:\\2001\WM5.mdb
    R:\\2002\WM5.mdb and so on for each year.
    I have one database of each type for every year in R drive. and i designed my reports accordiing to Client.
    Now from VB 6.0 front end interface i have to select Year(2002,2003 etc) , DatabaseName and product number etc. When i click display report it has to search in the particular MDB i selected and should display corresponding data of the record(given product number).
    Simply this is a Dynamic report generation.
    PLease help me in doing this.
    I have designed reports and GUI also.
    Now i need code from which i can generate reports according to the user selection of Year, database, table name and product number.
    NOTE: the database has same structure for all years.
    The tables has same no.of fields and names of the fields are also same...

Thanks in advance.
    Preetham
    Murali

Passing parameter problem

Hi, I Really need help with this unsolved problem, the problem is actually come when i try to send parameter value from ASP page to crystal report with stored procedure parameter...
    In this link i have the unsolved problem for passing parameter with uniqueidentifier value .....

http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showth...hreadid=274834

I hope u will be patient with my problem to read a while on the link above,thx a lot

Unknown query engine error

hi,
    i keep getting an unknown query engine error each time add a java bean as a data source, i looked it up on the crystal decisions forum and followed their tips to resolve the issue , i am still unable to do it.
    Any help would be useful.

I also have another question, if i have a report generating a chart from an oracle table. I have displayed it using a jsp, but i need it to be refreshed each time the data in the tables changes. which i am unable to do.

thanks and regards,
    Rajbir

Insert images from database

I want to insert pictures into my report, this pictures are stored a sqlserver 2000 database in an image type field and i am working in Cristal Reports for Visual Studio .Net. I need a report with a table, where in each row i must insert the picture of each employee of my company.

How can i do that???

Please help me and thank you very much.

Subreports using ttx files

Hi!

I have some problems with a crystal report that has two subreports.

Problem is that for some reason I do not get anything on the subreports. It would be ok if there is not information matching with the parent, but there really is information that matches with the parent detail.

If I remove the link between the parent and the subreport, I get the whole list. So, for some reason filtering is not working properly. Main report and 2 subreports are based on ttx files. The field I am using to link subreports with the parent is a uniqueidentifier type. Does anybody has a clue about this?

I made a test creating new reports but instead of using ttx files I am using the stored procedures directly and they are working fine. The problem here is the architecture of the app was designed to use ttx files and they are fed at run time with the recordsets coming from the sp's I am using on the test.

I will really appreciate your help because I have spent too much time on this. Thanks.

Manuel

Euro symbol In Crystal Report

hi,

Can any one help me in getting the euro symbol in crystal report which can be exported into MS Excel while scheduling the report.
    I can see the symbol in crystal output, but not in excel file.

Please help!!

Thanks
    Anand

Re:Crystal Report shaikh_intekhab

Hi shaikh_intekhab

I got something regarding your questions. Attached one zip file. This will be help ful to you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've read about that sample that you gave to me, about SAmple to make report over the web, but the problem is i can't pass the parameter value.....not how to preview it....maybe u can't read the problem carefully...cause i feel my problem is weird.....and i get mad of this problem,coz ake me stuck on this too long for my project...thx anyway

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2431323334353637 ... LastLast