CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Report

Re: Crystal Report

hi,

Try use DoEvents statement, Don't use timer controls for the cause.

yours,
    Babu

MailID: k_babs@hotmail.com
    Please avoid sending emails to my personal mail:
    write your doubts as thread in Codeguru
    Crystal Reports Forum

This will help all people having similar matters, and will let people who know solutions on the specific topic
    share their knowledge.

Visit my company web site (Qmax Test Equipments Private Limited)

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Re: DiscardSavedData

hi,

i can't get your actual requirement, can you send your testing code.

yours,
    Babu

Crystal Reports Forum

This will help all people having similar matters, and will let people who know solutions on the specific topic
    share their knowledge.

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Som files might be in Read only mode.. Check for that.

Nicolas Bohemier

Un sourire ne coûte rien, mais il rapporte beaucoup; il enrichit celui qui le reçoit sans appauvrir celui qui le donne.

Frank Irving Fletcher

Nicolas Bohemier

Hi Babu

That was just a typing error on my side. The Formulas is correct and working.

If the database is not password protected then the reports work fine. It's only when the database is password protected and I try to print the report that I get the error.

Bezzie

Recordset match to Crystal Report

I want to disply the recordset made from VB application to crystal report. How can I do it?

It was really a major relief to see someone helping out in Crystal Reports (cr). Otherwise, hardly anyone knows cr properly in the industry today. The help that cr gives alongwith the software is also not elaborate enough.

I am right now developing an accounts package using VB6 as frontend, Access as backend and Crystal Report 8.5 Report Designer Component.

The points for clarification are as below:-
    (1) If i am putting a password in my access database, and then designing some reports using 'Report Designer Component', it gives the following error when I am using ADO connection string to connect to the database and clicking on Test Connection - "Test Connection failed because of an error in intializing provider. Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user". The Access database was not open when doing this. Provider name and other details that i am giving are all correct. Any solutions for this? Or is it that, i cannot set a password for Access database if i want reports in cr?

(2) Since the software is going to be a multiuser application, do you forsee any problem while installation. One problem i found out was setting the path for reports. I am using .dsr files. What i am doing is setting the location as under :
    Report.Database.Table(1).Name = "xzy" ' table name which matches with actual design.
    Report.Database.Table(1).Location= App.Path & "\database.mdb"
    Are there any other alternatives to this? If am am hard coding the query itself in the RDC, will the above codes run? What should i write as table name then, since the query user multiple joins? Also what to do in case if i am giving password for my database.

(3) Is cr really powerful than Data Report of VB? Many people have told me that there are several problems like setting the paper size etc. in Data Report. Apart from that are there any other problems?

Thanking you.

Many Problems in Crystal Reports

It was really a major relief to see someone helping out in Crystal Reports (cr). Otherwise, hardly anyone knows cr properly in the industry today. The help that cr gives alongwith the software is also not elaborate enough.

I am right now developing an accounts package using VB6 as frontend, Access as backend and Crystal Report 8.5 Report Designer Component.

The points for clarification are as below:-
    (1) If i am putting a password in my access database, and then designing some reports using 'Report Designer Component', it gives the following error when I am using ADO connection string to connect to the database and clicking on Test Connection - "Test Connection failed because of an error in intializing provider. Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user". The Access database was not open when doing this. Provider name and other details that i am giving are all correct. Any solutions for this? Or is it that, i cannot set a password for Access database if i want reports in cr?

(2) Since the software is going to be a multiuser application, do you forsee any problem while installation. One problem i found out was setting the path for reports. I am using .dsr files. What i am doing is setting the location as under :
    Report.Database.Table(1).Name = "xzy" ' table name which matches with actual design.
    Report.Database.Table(1).Location= App.Path & "\database.mdb"
    Are there any other alternatives to this? If am am hard coding the query itself in the RDC, will the above codes run? What should i write as table name then, since the query user multiple joins? Also what to do in case if i am giving password for my database.

(3) Is cr really powerful than Data Report of VB? Many people have told me that there are several problems like setting the paper size etc. in Data Report. Apart from that are there any other problems?

Thanking you.

Great: you should write atricle

If you have time and will, you should write an article about Crystal Report usage: these are valuable informations for all of us. Mail to Brad Jones (the moderator), to know how to do.

Special thanks to Lothar "the Great" Haensler, Tom Archer, Chris Eastwood, TCartwright, Bruno Paris, Dr_Michael
    and all the other wonderful people who made and make Codeguru a great place.
    Come back soon, you Gurus.

The Rater
    ...at present time, using mainly Net 4.0, Vs 2010

Special thanks to Lothar "the Great" Haensler, Chris Eastwood , dr_Michael, ClearCode, Iouri and
    all the other wonderful people who made and make Codeguru a great place.
    Come back soon, you Gurus.

Sorry but there are no Read only files.
    Thanck you anyway

My only code is:

private Sub Report_Initialize()
    Report1.DiscardSavedData
    End Sub

where Report1 is my report.
    For testing i am introducing data into my form, refreshing my databese and printing my report.
    The resoult: the data are not chenged.

I am begining to belive that it is not a programing error because Discard Saved Data When Loading Report doesn't stay check.

Thanks! The DoEvents keyword really did the trick! =D

I have one last question. For example, I have this querystring:

SELECT * from TABLE where UserID = ' " & userid & " '

The question is how do you place the value of ' " & userid & " ' in the report?

Thanks!

Re: Recordset match to Crystal Report

hi,

Set your recordset to DataSource Property in crystal report control.

yours,
    Babu

Crystal Reports Forum

share their knowledge.

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

hi,

Pass this 'userid' (variable) value to crystal report formula, using cr.formulas(0) property of crystal report control.

yours,
    Babu

Crystal Reports Forum

share their knowledge.

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

DiscardSavedData Property

If data is saved with the specified report, setting this property to 1 (True) discards the data.

cr.DiscardSavedData = True
    (or)
    cr.DiscardSavedData = 1

Discards the data saved with the specified report.

Thanks.

Crystal Reports Forum

share their knowledge.

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

hi,

(1) if password set unable open database in crystal report.

Create new database, set the password, use the database in your project with crystal report.

Solution:
    crCommon.LogonInfo(0)= "dsn=;uid=;pwd=MyPassword;dsq="
    crCommon.DataFiles(0) = "C:\My Document\db.mdb"

feedback me, we will solve the next problem.

yours,
    Babu

Crystal Reports Forum

share their knowledge.

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast