CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2330313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Report

redistribution crystal report with application

hi babu,

i using crystal report 6.0 for my project. i don't know what are the fiels needed to redistribute the crstal report with my application package. i take setup for the project using package & deployment of visual studioi .net. any one help to me. how to do this.

thanks in advance.
    Murali.M

Setting database path at Run-Time for Crystal Report

Hi Babu,
    I've designed a report based on a ADO database using a connection string. While building the connection string I pointed out the database from which the data is extracted.
    The report runs on the development machine no problems, but when I try to run it on a deployment machine I get a Database Error:
    "[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] '(Unknown)' is not a valid path. Make sure the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides".

I assume that the report tries to look for the database where it was at the design stage.

My question is: how can I set the database's path at run time?

Printing

Hello everyone,in Crystal, when i make a report and preview it it shows al the data, the formules... etc... perfectly, but when i print it fails, dont even enter the queue... and if i print to a pdf (usin pdf writer of adobe acrobat 5) it prints characters of wrong type (like if i type "AAaa" then the text printed is "$$DD") i dont know if its bug, error or what. if someone can help... i use Crystal Reports 9, windows XP (or 2000 sp5) (oh, by the way the windings fonts print like the preview... and all the other apps work fine)
    "...Better dead than stupid...."

Unhappy Server has not been opened yet?

Hello Mr. Babu and dear friends al around the world. I'm new one to Crystal Report. I developed using VB 6.0, Crystal Report 8.5 and SQL Server 2000. Please take a look at my codes below (VB Code and SQL Code - Stored Procedure) :

'The code in VB
    Private Sub cmdPrint_Click()

If cmbAccount.Text = "All Account" Then
    NoAccount = "%"
    Else
    NoAccount = cmbAccount.Text
    End If

‘The codes for crystal report begin here….

Dim rptDeposit As New CrystalReport1

rptDeposit.Database.LogOnServer "pdsodbc.dll", "aan", "MoneyMall", "aan", "icandoit"
    rptDeposit.EnableParameterPrompting = False
    rptDeposit.ParameterFields(1).AddCurrentValue NoAccount
    rptDeposit.ParameterFields(2).AddCurrentValue dtpStartDate.Value
    rptDeposit.ParameterFields(3).AddCurrentValue dtpEndDate.Value

CRViewer1.ReportSource = rptDeposit
    CRViewer1.ViewReport

End Sub

'The code in SQL, I generated CrystalReports1 from this stored procedure which has 3 parameters, using standart expert report wizard. (i'm using "add Crystal Report 8.5" from VB Menu :

This is my store procedure in SQL Server 2000 :

PROCEDURE PrintDeposit
    @NoAccount nvarchar(10), @StartDate datetime,
    @EndDate datetime
    AS
    SELECT * FROM Deposit
    WHERE NoAccount LIKE @NoAccount AND
    (DAY(MarginTime) BETWEEN DAY(@StartDate) AND DAY(@EndDate)) AND
    (MONTH(MarginTime) BETWEEN MONTH(@StartDate) AND MONTH(@EndDate)) AND
    (YEAR(MarginTime) BETWEEN YEAR(@StartDate) AND YEAR(@EndDate))
    Order By MarginTime

Error Message in VB : "The Server has not yet been opened !" and i can not see the report in the viewer!

What did I do wrong? Please note that this is my server info :
    data source=aan
    user id=aan
    password=icandoit
    initial catalog=MoneyMall

Please, tell me the answers! I almost blown up to think all these!
    Thank U so much for your help!

Unhappy

Mr Babu, or someone else, are you still around to help me.... please, i need the answer very soon.... Please, solve the problem. I'm running out of time here....... Thank You!

Re: Server has not been opened yet?

Hi,

1. ParameterFields(n), index should start from 0,1,2,...

2. "ParameterName; NewValue; SetCurrentValue"

Eg. CrystalReport1.ParameterFields(0) = "DatePar;Date(1998,12,7);TRUE"

Regards,
    K.Babu

Originally posted by aan_handoko
    Hello Mr. Babu and dear friends al around the world. I'm new one to Crystal Report. I developed using VB 6.0, Crystal Report 8.5 and SQL Server 2000. Please take a look at my codes below (VB Code and SQL Code - Stored Procedure) :

'The code in VB
    Private Sub cmdPrint_Click()

If cmbAccount.Text = "All Account" Then
    NoAccount = "%"
    Else
    NoAccount = cmbAccount.Text
    End If

‘The codes for crystal report begin here….

Dim rptDeposit As New CrystalReport1

rptDeposit.Database.LogOnServer "pdsodbc.dll", "aan", "MoneyMall", "aan", "icandoit"
    rptDeposit.EnableParameterPrompting = False
    rptDeposit.ParameterFields(1).AddCurrentValue NoAccount
    rptDeposit.ParameterFields(2).AddCurrentValue dtpStartDate.Value
    rptDeposit.ParameterFields(3).AddCurrentValue dtpEndDate.Value

CRViewer1.ReportSource = rptDeposit
    CRViewer1.ViewReport

End Sub

'The code in SQL, I generated CrystalReports1 from this stored procedure which has 3 parameters, using standart expert report wizard. (i'm using "add Crystal Report 8.5" from VB Menu :

This is my store procedure in SQL Server 2000 :

PROCEDURE PrintDeposit
    @NoAccount nvarchar(10), @StartDate datetime,
    @EndDate datetime
    AS
    SELECT * FROM Deposit
    WHERE NoAccount LIKE @NoAccount AND
    (DAY(MarginTime) BETWEEN DAY(@StartDate) AND DAY(@EndDate)) AND
    (MONTH(MarginTime) BETWEEN MONTH(@StartDate) AND MONTH(@EndDate)) AND
    (YEAR(MarginTime) BETWEEN YEAR(@StartDate) AND YEAR(@EndDate))
    Order By MarginTime

Error Message in VB : "The Server has not yet been opened !" and i can not see the report in the viewer!

What did I do wrong? Please note that this is my server info :
    data source=aan
    user id=aan
    password=icandoit
    initial catalog=MoneyMall

Please, tell me the answers! I almost blown up to think all these!
    Thank U so much for your help!
    Last edited by K.Babu; November 19th, 2003 at 06:27 AM.
    Please avoid sending emails to my personal mail:
    write your doubts as thread in Codeguru
    Crystal Reports Forum

This will help all people having similar matters, and will let people who know solutions on the specific topic
    share their knowledge.

Visit my company web site (Qmax Test Equipments Private Limited)

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Searching text in subreports

Hello Mr. Babu and everyone;

I'm relatively new to CR. I'm using CrustalReportViewer for windows forms to view a report. The report has subreports in it, they are not on-demand so they appear as a large,single,multiple-section report to the user.
    When I perform a text search on this report, the data of the subreports are not searched, their titles are searched only. Is it possible to make the find dialog (or crystalreportviewer.SearchForText()) search the whole report?

Thanks everyone in advance

Thumbs up

Hi, Mr. Babu. Thanks to reply. I highly appreciate that, really! . I finally solve my problems. My problem is actually not on my parameterfield index, because I'm starting from 1 is correct, in fact if I started from 0, the error message will be "Subscribe out of range!".

My problem is, I can not connect to the server because I use the wrong method. This is the biggest misunderstood of method. To connect to server, I supposed not to use LogOnServer method. This method works like an active connection in ADO, that made only once, and used for many times. That's why I got error message "Server has not been opened yet!" But i must use SetLogOnInfo method. This syntax of the method is like this (for SQL server) :

report.database.tables(1).SetLogOnInfo Servername as string, databasename as string, userid as string, password as string.

Then I can view my report on viewer. I found this method and the explanation from technical books from this site (if I wish anyone would like to download) :

'For Crystal reports 9 and above :
    http://support.crystaldecisions.com/...properties.pdf

'For version before 9 :
    http://support.crystaldecisions.com/...nnectivity.pdf

Now, Mr. Babu, how is the way to set up some text during the run time. Let's say, I have a text that I must set according to the user's choice (this text will be on the Report header section). For example : if the user choose all branch (from combo box in VB), the text will be printed all branch, if the user choose Surabaya, the text will be printed "Surabaya". How do I set this? Thank You for answering. I do really happy to join this forum with you and all friends around the world. I'm waiting for your reply! Thank You once again!

Hi,

1. Insert the formula field in crystal report design mode.
    2. Validate the string value for the formula field in vb run mode.
    eg.

if the user choose all branch
    CrystalReport1.Formulas(0) = "MyFormula = 'all branch'"
    Else,
    CrystalReport1.Formulas(0) = "MyFormula = 'Surabaya'"

Hi, Mr. Babu. Thanks to reply. I highly appreciate that, really! . I finally solve my problems. My problem is actually not on my parameterfield index, because I'm starting from 1 is correct, in fact if I started from 0, the error message will be "Subscribe out of range!".

My problem is, I can not connect to the server because I use the wrong method. This is the biggest misunderstood of method. To connect to server, I supposed not to use LogOnServer method. This method works like an active connection in ADO, that made only once, and used for many times. That's why I got error message "Server has not been opened yet!" But i must use SetLogOnInfo method. This syntax of the method is like this (for SQL server) :

report.database.tables(1).SetLogOnInfo Servername as string, databasename as string, userid as string, password as string.

Then I can view my report on viewer. I found this method and the explanation from technical books from this site (if I wish anyone would like to download) :

'For Crystal reports 9 and above :
    http://support.crystaldecisions.com/...properties.pdf

'For version before 9 :
    http://support.crystaldecisions.com/...nnectivity.pdf

Now, Mr. Babu, how is the way to set up some text during the run time. Let's say, I have a text that I must set according to the user's choice (this text will be on the Report header section). For example : if the user choose all branch (from combo box in VB), the text will be printed all branch, if the user choose Surabaya, the text will be printed "Surabaya". How do I set this? Thank You for answering. I do really happy to join this forum with you and all friends around the world. I'm waiting for your reply! Thank You once again!
    Crystal Reports Forum

This will help all people having similar matters, and will let people who know solutions on the specific topic
    share their knowledge.

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

capture parameter past and store to textbox

I created a parameter passing in crystal reports so user can enter what records need to be printed i.e idnumber, is there a way to capture the parameter passed to a textbox.
    10x
    cyrus

using Crystal Report Viewer Control 9 in VB.NET

Hi,
    I am trying to use a Crystal Report Viewer Control 9 (that comes with Crystal Reports 9 Developers Vs) in my VB.NET application.

I have Crystal Reports 9.0 developers installed on my development machine, so I think I have all of the necessary dlls.

In my project, I got into toolbox - Components, browse to add Crystal Report Viewer Control 9 to my components list(crviewer9.dll).
    I put the control on my form,
    Friend WithEvents AxCRViewer92 As AxCRVIEWER9Lib.AxCRViewer9

it's initialized,
    and then I add my own code to view the report after the user selects the report from the dialog box:

me.AxCRViewer92.ReportSource = dlg.FileName
    me.AxCRViewer92.ViewReport()

it all compiles,
    but when I run this app, first of all, my control comes up on the screen as a white rectangle.
    and after I try to open the report, I get the following:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidCastException' occurred in axinterop.crviewer9lib.dll

Additional information: No such interface supported

I'm new to Crystal Reports, and I would really appreciate any help on using this Crystal Report Viewer Control 9. So far, I hasn't been able to find any info about it from Crystal Decisions. I need to use this control, and not the CrystalReportsViewer that comes with .NET because of some internal company issues.

Thanks.

recordset as datasource of crystal report

Im using Crystal report 8 and VB6, my problem is how can i make the Crystal report get the record from the recordset i made. The problem is when i run the report it shows all the record from the table. How can i make the report show only the content of the recordset?

Below is the code im using. dcCategory is datacombo.

Code:
    Dim cnn As ADODB.Connection
    Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset

Set cnn = New ADODB.Connection
    cnn.Open "File name=c:\Product.udl"
    Set rst = cnn.Execute("select item_no,item_category,Item_desc,Item_unit,item_price from tblitems where item_Category ='" & dcCAtegory.Text & "'")

Dim crystal As CRAXDRT.Application 
    Dim treport As CRAXDRT.Report     

CRViewer1.DisplayBorder = False  
    CRViewer1.DisplayTabs = False    
    CRViewer1.EnableDrillDown = False
    CRViewer1.EnableRefreshButton = False

Dim crxApplication As New CRAXDRT.Application
    Set crystal = New CRAXDRT.Application
    Set treport = crystal.OpenReport("d:\application\list.rpt")

treport.DiscardSavedData       
    treport.Database.SetDataSource rst 

CRViewer1.ReportSource = treport
    CRViewer1.ViewReport
    When i design the report using crystal report designer i use the table as the datasource and i did not set anything else. Could this be the problem?

Thanks in advance!!!
    Thanks!!!
    Kristine

Wink Package and deploying in VB

Hello Babu, thanks for your last help. Even if the property dosn't match at all (I'm using property of report.formulafields(1).text to set the formula) but it does gave me the idea. thanks a lot

Now, I'm having a new problem. When I tried to package and deploy my VB-Project that contains CR inside, I found that there is "nothing happened", means that in the Package folder, the Package and Deployment Wizard doesn't make any files for installation setup, not even one!!!!

But when I try to package a project that doesn't contain CR inside, it does works! Why so strange?

Please notice that I'm using Crystal report 8.5, Visual basic 6.0 SP 5. Why the package and deployment wizard doesn't work for my project with cr inside? Please, reply this soon... I'm also surfing to another web to get the answers... thank you!

Regards
    Aan Handoko

Re: Package and deploying in VB

Hi,

Yes, I also face the same problem, which you mention bellow regarding package wizard, I don't want to R&D why package wizard not support that, so that, i written the setup script in Install Shield.

You can try by change the VB setup project manually. you have to Include all the crystal report runtime files in cab file. which is mentioned in Crystal Report Developer Runtime help document.

Note: Keep in mind, what are the files you have to register with regsvr32.exe, This details are mentioned in Developer runtime help document file.

Thanks,
    K.Babu.

Hello Babu, thanks for your last help. Even if the property dosn't match at all (I'm using property of report.formulafields(1).text to set the formula) but it does gave me the idea. thanks a lot

Now, I'm having a new problem. When I tried to package and deploy my VB-Project that contains CR inside, I found that there is "nothing happened", means that in the Package folder, the Package and Deployment Wizard doesn't make any files for installation setup, not even one!!!!

But when I try to package a project that doesn't contain CR inside, it does works! Why so strange?

Please notice that I'm using Crystal report 8.5, Visual basic 6.0 SP 5. Why the package and deployment wizard doesn't work for my project with cr inside? Please, reply this soon... I'm also surfing to another web to get the answers... thank you!

Regards
    Aan Handoko
    Crystal Reports Forum

share their knowledge.

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Re: using Crystal Report Viewer Control 9 in VB.NET

Hi,

You can't assign report file name directly to reportsource.

Use the following code sample

Dim crrpt As New CRAXDRT.Report
    Dim crapp As New CRAXDRT.Application

Set crrpt = crapp.OpenReport("D:\quotation.rpt")
    crrpt.Database.Tables(1).Location = "D:\Mydata.mdb"
    crrpt.Database.Tables(1).SetLogOnInfo "CRSS", "mydata.mdb", "Hello", "hi"

CRViewer1.ReportSource = crrpt
    CRViewer1.ViewReport

Originally posted by alfiya
    Hi,
    I am trying to use a Crystal Report Viewer Control 9 (that comes with Crystal Reports 9 Developers Vs) in my VB.NET application.

I have Crystal Reports 9.0 developers installed on my development machine, so I think I have all of the necessary dlls.

In my project, I got into toolbox - Components, browse to add Crystal Report Viewer Control 9 to my components list(crviewer9.dll).
    I put the control on my form,
    Friend WithEvents AxCRViewer92 As AxCRVIEWER9Lib.AxCRViewer9

it's initialized,
    and then I add my own code to view the report after the user selects the report from the dialog box:

me.AxCRViewer92.ViewReport()

it all compiles,
    but when I run this app, first of all, my control comes up on the screen as a white rectangle.
    and after I try to open the report, I get the following:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidCastException' occurred in axinterop.crviewer9lib.dll

Additional information: No such interface supported

I'm new to Crystal Reports, and I would really appreciate any help on using this Crystal Report Viewer Control 9. So far, I hasn't been able to find any info about it from Crystal Decisions. I need to use this control, and not the CrystalReportsViewer that comes with .NET because of some internal company issues.

Thanks.
    Crystal Reports Forum

share their knowledge.

Yours friendly,
    K.Babu

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2330313233343536 ... LastLast