CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

MS Outlook and Exchange Server

Just a quick question to all your brainy people, We currently have an intermittent problem at work where somebody can send and Email from their PC, this then goes to the Exchange Server for our company, and for some reason it then continuosly repeats to send the email, so the client gets hundreds of emails.

Does anybody know why this would happen, or has heard of it before ?

Work is necessary for man. Man invented the alarm clock.

Re: MS Outlook and Exchange Server

When this happens to my server it is usualy OUT OF OFFICE and or RECEPT OF DELIVERY that is the problen bouncing back and forth.

Re: MS Outlook and Exchange Server

Cheers Steven,

I thought the same so I got our IT deptartment to check it, there were 17 emails with atatchments originally sent one after the other from a technicians machine, but for some reason it continued to send the First Email over and over again. The technician in question has her mailbox located on her local Crive so she can store more, the funny thing was she switched her machine off and 17:30 and the Emails stopped, but when she turned it back on again at 8:30 the following day the Emails re-started to send as if the problem lay with the Exchange server???. I have been trying to find out if this is a bug with either outlook or Microsoft Exchange?

Work is necessary for man. Man invented the alarm clock.