CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 139 of 366 FirstFirst ... 3989129136137138139140141142149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 5489

Thread: The "last one to post on this thread wins" Thread

Xeon is offline Want me to ban you?! Power Poster

Re: The "last one to post on this thread wins" Thread

From Cilu:
    Xeon, in Romania we have a proverb that says "the pot doesn't go often to the water". The meaning is, you can't do the same things over and over again and get through with it. One day the pot gets broken. You should start thinking about this.
    In other words, it's the same as "Nothing lasts forever".
    What I wanna say is, you keep deleting 9 out of every 10 posts I made; and you are making me see red. In other words, you should start counting your number of days left, especially since no other moderators has done this to me before.

Ok, Gabriel did a couple of times in the past, but his was like deleting 1 out of every 15 posts I made. You? Yours is more like deleting 12 out of every 15 posts I made. ***?????

The pot doesn't go often to the water. Meaning is, you can't keep on deleting my posts again and again and get away scot-free. One day you will lose your status as moderator and can't even access CodeGuru, whereas the stray dog and cat out there on the streets can.

If no moderator in CodeGuru has been ousted before, you'll be the 1st, and you gotta celebrate that.
    I've never brought the issue of moderators deleting my posts to Brad throughout all my life here.
    Do not force me.

Furthermore, as moderator, your job is not to play God here, see?
    Your job, and only task, whether you're paid or unpaid, is to see that no one submits posts containing total vulgarity or extreme profanity.

What's up with posts that are witty, creative and full of good-intentioned jokes? Can't you see that, Mister Moderator?
    But it doesn't matter. It took me around 4 years to convince and enlightened Brad and a few moderators here that all my posts, although offensive, off-track and a little rude sometimes, is nothing but choke full of good intentions and harmless matter.
    I will be patient with you, but even a 3-year old child needs to know his limits.

I sure hope Romania and it's citizens are not communists, where you get walloped to death in a dungeon if you make a cute little joke about a grain of sand in Romania.

Good day, and mind your actions, a certain Moderator.
    Xeon.
    Last edited by Xeon; September 18th, 2005 at 09:09 AM.
    "Hell is calling for you!" - Rufus, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

"I'm getting tired of you devils.....finishing strike......Final Blast!" - Arngrim, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    you keep deleting 9 out of every 10 posts I made
    Yours is more like deleting 12 out of every 15 posts I made.
    Make your mind.

I have only deleted 2 posts of yours, which were not appropriate. Or you want the world to know that you have the guts to call me "vile defiler of souls", "treacherous traitor" and "master of sins, not worthy of sleeping in even Satan's nest with a thousand infested fire-ants"? And BTW, consider yourself lucky that I don't have kids. That comment related to my kids would have been the end of you.

If you have a problem with the two posts I have deleted please contact Brad. Next time you have a problem with me I suggest you PM me. If you continue to post in public about it, I will answer to you in public.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Quote Originally Posted by mrRee
    you can hibernate in my igloo..

//it's Crotia...Crotia....
    Thanks, I will, but after the moment when gloabal heating will melt there all snow
    God could improve essentially a
    human nature, but he
    was too anxious with compatibility
    with the monkey.
    (Eugeny Goldberg)

Quote Originally Posted by Skoons
    Thanks, I will, but after the moment when gloabal heating will melt there all snow
    oh noooooo....run walrus run....jump penguin jump....the heater had broken!!...

BTW....

[THREAD PERMANENTLY BANNED DUE UNWANTED NAGGING]

yeah...this thread got what it deserved!!...

Regards,
    Unwanted Antartican!!!..

...???...
    ...don't blame me...when I smell nicc 'o' tyne...
    ...friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support..

From Cilu:
    I have only deleted 2 posts of yours, which were not appropriate. Or you want the world to know that you have the guts to call me "vile defiler of souls", "treacherous traitor" and "master of sins, not worthy of sleeping in even Satan's nest with a thousand infested fire-ants"?
    Obviously, you seem to be the one special guy who can't seem to get my joke.
    The thing is : I said all that delibrately so that you would get angry and close this thread altogether and so that I would win and get my mystery prize.

Sure, you can understand how to apply C++ polymorphism to the most complex real-world software development, but....do you really understand jokes? You know how to laugh a real laugh, right?

And BTW, consider yourself lucky that I don't have kids. That comment related to my kids would have been the end of you.
    I'm waiting for you. I've got a shotgun, a kantana, a knife and an old saw.
    The shotgun, especially when aimed at the head, is the fastest and most painless. Make up your mind.

If you have a problem with the two posts I have deleted please contact Brad.
    Real men don't bother other real men. U gotta be decisive and solve the problem between you and me.

Next time you have a problem with me I suggest you PM me.
    I'll PM you only if I want to treat you to a burger, but I don't see that happening in the near future.

If you continue to post in public about it, I will answer to you in public.
    PM me if you don't understand jokes, or if you can't take any form of jokes, especially mine's. I'll try to accomodate you then.

Your idol,
    Xeon.

"I'm getting tired of you devils.....finishing strike......Final Blast!" - Arngrim, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

Sure, you can understand how to apply C++ polymorphism to the most complex real-world software development, but....do you really understand jokes? You know how to laugh a real laugh, right?
    OK. I have to admit, my joking software was a little bit old, and was already patched twice. So, recently, I downloaded the latest version, 5.0, the Enterprise edition, and right now, I think I'm quite up to date with understanding jokes. But the problem is that you have a quite strange sense of joking. Perhaps it's not well calibrated.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

The last post will at last win, but this will be another time. What I wish to tell you guys, heh, I just beginned my new home project (I call all projects which i do not for cash home projects), It`s goal to build an artificial personality. I think it`s possible. So in month or two I can post you my first steps in it. The main goal is to build software which may learn new information and will make decisions. If this projects will be done and work well, my child dream about smart robots will became true. I mean such robots like they was in StarWars or something like that. But it will be not so soon. Anyway if there will be done nothing it may never happend
    human nature, but he
    with the monkey.
    (Eugeny Goldberg)

errr....Skoons...do you want to try to build a clone army to invade this world...ok, I'll be your Field Marshalll...

move you filthy clones!...left none alive!...this world will be ours :big evil grin:

...???...

Quote Originally Posted by mrRee
    errr....Skoons...do you want to try to build a clone army to invade this world...ok, I'll be your Field Marshalll...

move you filthy clones!...left none alive!...this world will be ours :big evil grin:
    Ok You will , But clones must be armed by vacume cleaners . And seriously, As You know, I have another speciality (except programming) psychology. So if we look through main psychologicals models of personality we may see that it`s possible to build their software models. But anyway we need good processor to calculate everything
    human nature, but he
    with the monkey.
    (Eugeny Goldberg)

Ok You will ,
    you heard that clones....now, start shooting!...
    And seriously, As You know, I have another speciality (except programming) psychology. So if we look through main psychologicals models of personality we may see that it`s possible to build their software models.
    wow!...that's cool...
    But anyway we need good processor to calculate everything
    you mean, a calculator?

...???...

===\/____ ====

Hi Guys... I'm back! I don't want to come
    Even if our suggestions didn't help, please post the answer once you find it. We took the effort to help you, please return it to others.

* While posting code sections please use CODE tags
    * Please check the codeguru FAQ and do a little search to see if your question have been answered before.
    * Like a post, Rate The Post
    * I blog: Network programming, Bible

I do all things thru CHRIST who strengthens me

From Cilu:
    OK. I have to admit, my joking software was a little bit old, and was already patched twice. So, recently, I downloaded the latest version, 5.0, the Enterprise edition, and right now, I think I'm quite up to date with understanding jokes. But the problem is that you have a quite strange sense of joking. Perhaps it's not well calibrated.
    No no, Mr Programmer......I think the problem lies in the fact that you don't have XeonJokes.dll included in your runtime compilation. Check your Visual C++ IDE again, under the Project Build dialog box. Make sure you include XeonJokes.dll as an internal library with the final exe, not external.

Most programmers I know have this XeonJokes.dll right from the day they're born, but I'm not sure why you don't. Maybe your dad forgot to configure this DLL properly for you.

Good day,
    Xeon.

From Cilu:

No no, Mr Programmer......I think the problem lies in the fact that you don't have XeonJokes.dll included in your runtime compilation. Check your Visual C++ IDE again, under the Project Build dialog box. Make sure you include XeonJokes.dll as an internal library with the final exe, not external.

Most programmers I know have this XeonJokes.dll right from the day they're born, but I'm not sure why you don't. Maybe your dad forgot to configure this DLL properly for you.
    Is XeonJokes.dll a managed assembly or an unmanaged native DLL?

/
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

Using XeonJokes.dll is illegal in Romania.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

The last post will at last win, but this will be another time. What I wish to tell you guys, heh, I just beginned my new home project (I call all projects which i do not for cash home projects), It`s goal to build an artificial personality. I think it`s possible. So in month or two I can post you my first steps in it. The main goal is to build software which may learn new information and will make decisions. If this projects will be done and work well, my child dream about smart robots will became true. I mean such robots like they was in StarWars or something like that. But it will be not so soon. Anyway if there will be done nothing it may never happend
    ARRRGHHHHHH... Attack of the Clones.......

Page 139 of 366 FirstFirst ... 3989129136137138139140141142149189239 ... LastLast