CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Error executing bscmake.exe, rc.exe

I unzipped a visual c++ program , When I try to run the program I get the following errors:

C:\mfc\AnonWasher.rc(863) : fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'res\AnonWasher.rc2'.
    Error executing rc.exe.
    "I checked the res folder and AnonWasher.rc2 is in there?"

Creating browse info file...
    BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\Debug\StdAfx.sbr': No such file or directory
    Error executing bscmake.exe.

Try clean and rebuild.

Hi, Thank you for your reply.

I tried to clean and rebuild but I am still getting the same error.
    I can't figure out why this is?

Check Project->Settings->General tab. The Intermediate and the Output file directory. whether absolute or relative path is given.

Try diabling Browse info creation and recompiling.
    to do this, go to project->settings->C++ tab. choose listing files in the category combo. Uncheck generate browse info. Then go to Browse info tab, uncheck build browse info file.

Temporary diable rc2 include and try to isolate the problem. Usually it wont contain anything. Open your rc file in text mode and comment out the line that says include rc2.

If all this doesnt solve your problem, then I did like to take a look at your workspace. zip and post it if possible.

Hi,

I tried your suggestion. The following error is solved:

Creating browse info file...
    BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\Debug\StdAfx.sbr': No such file or directory
    Error executing bscmake.exe.

But I still get the second error:

C:\mfc\AnonWasher.rc(863) : fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'res\AnonWasher.rc2'.
    Error executing rc.exe.

I'm not sure why I get this because this same project worked fine at school computer when I unzipped it. But at home it fails.
    Do you think there is anything in the project setting at my computer that is causing this?

Thank you very much for helpin me with this.
    Azi.

Alright. I will give one more try. Open your project file in VC++ IDE (Anon..). Switch to FileView tab. Expand your Anon.. files node. Expand resource files folder. You should see an entry for your .rc2 file in this node. right click on it, select properties, On the Generals tab, Watch the values in FileName and Persist as (should be .res\anonwasher.rc2) edit boxes. If they are not proper fix them. Clean and rebuild all.

If still your problem is not resolved, please zip and post your project.