CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

how to use AXIMP?

I typed AxImp shdocvw.dll in command line, but got an error message "output file SHDocVw.dll will overwrite input file. What is correct syntax to use AxImp. In addition, AxImp shdocvw is suppose to create two files , SHDocVw.dll AxSHDocVw.dll. How can I do that? Thanks a lot.

Hi,
    simply type AxImp at your command prompt it will show all the options u can use with AxImp.
    you should use AxImp ShDocvw.dll /out:NewFile.dll so AxImp will not override original ShDocVw.dll. By default aximp create a file with the same name as the original dll.

regards,
    Ashish Sheth

I tried it but it didn't work. In addition, running AmImp on shdocvw.dll is supposed to create AxSHDocVw.dll and SHDocVw.dll. How can I do that?

I don't know why it is not working. in my case it worked.
    try using visual studio "Add reference" dialog box. Visual studio will automatically create AxShDocvw.dll and Shdocvw.dll and put it in your applications bin directory.
    Ashish Sheth

I don't have visual studio.net and only have SDK. So I use AxImp in the command line. Have you tried to use AxImp in the command line?