CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Unhappy how to run vb.net project in win98

I have made a project in vb .net and want to deploy on win98. but there are some problems.
    1: when i try to install dotnetfx.exe on win98 it require internet explorer 5.1 or higher. is that necessary condition.
    2: when try to install dotnetfx.exe on windows me it gives an regasm.exe strong name validation failed error. in which it asked to signed the private key fully. what does that mean.
    3: and if i successfully install dotnetfx.exe on win98 it gives an error when making the db connection and ask to update database drivers. i am using access as backend.

Could any body help me in this regard. Am i be ever able to run my project on win98. if yes then how .

waiting for your replys.

abdul ahad

Well I never had that problem and here r the things i always hv in Win98

-IE 5.5 +
    -Mdac 2.7
    -dotnetfx

If u have all of this then ensure that ur windows has the recent service pack
    Back after a long hibernation.

Thumbs up

thanks for the help. it really works. very thanks.
    but now i have a new problem. after solving keycodev2.dll error when it opens a report on deployment pc it asks for the login id and password , why this is so as it don't asks about that on my pc. i have wrote down the all necessary code for id and password . and if i write down the loginid and password, it says logon failed. please help me this time too.

thanks

Win98/ME has optional login to the network. Meaning that u could always press cancel on the login dialog box and ener into the OS. This doesn't give u access to the printer in certain network configuration.

So when u say login pass/ID... is it for printer access or database access?

In my Office I could hook up (if using win98/ME) with oracle DB without even loging into the Windows Domain network but I wouldn't get printer access.

thanks for responding. I think I didn't clearly stated my problem as I am not having login problems for windows.

In my vb.net project i used crystal reports. when i install my application on client's pc it works fine after your advice. But now the problem is when i open a report to view it asks for login id and password. I have provided the password and login in the code. and it is working fine on my pc. but on the client's pc it is not. even if i provide here correct password and login.
    today morning i unset my access database password , now it is working fine. But if i want to apply database password what will be the method to handle this.

Waiting for your reply.

abdul ahad

Can u port ur code that connects to ur db .

When you set user/password in Access, it is not stored in the DB itself. There is an admin file created in your SYSTEM32 directory called ACCESS.MDW. I think the problem is, since the client PC does not have the same admin file, it fails to login.

So what you need to do (I think) is copy the MDW file into a network shared folder and use the Access Workgroup Administrator app to set the path to the MDW file. Note: this will effect the rest of the Access DB that you have on that PC too.

I only know the basic knowledge about how this works but MS access it not something that I commonly use. So try it out and get some help from MSDN and knowledge base.

-Cool Bizs

JIT-KeycodeV2.dll Prblem

Hi All
    i have installed the application on a system Intel ArialP4. Before installing my application i installed
    --> Internet Explorer 6.0
    --> Service Pack 4 for 2000
    --> SQL Server 2000
    --> then i installed application
    All forms are working fine but only form could not be displayed with the error mentionend in attached file. Plz C it and guide me about it. Although same application is working fine at my home PC and in my Office PC.

Regards
    Asad Naeem
    Cell :::: 00923334471758
    Attached Files Attached Files
    May Allah keep this world Peaceful. (Aameen)

Re: how to run vb.net project in win98

Well, I faced with the same problem quite before. The problem is with Crystal Reports. I am sure about that as I had fixed the problem. Please see properties of CR, and you will find some document about that. IIRC, that keycodev2.dll can be fixed with some property change.

No, the problem is not related with Database and all that....
    My latest article: Explicating the new C++ standard (C++0x)

Do rate the posts you find useful.