CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
    Ejaz is offline Elite Member Power Poster

how to show different dialog boxes in different Views of SDI App.?

Ok guys, so here I am again...

I'm trying to create an application UI, its a SDI application. The original task was to design a simple UI, since the already available UI was a little complex. (coz it had too many options on different dialog boxes).

So, I'm trying to create an environment like Visual C++, Like, I've splitted the main window, created 2 columns & 2 rows, in one column, I want to display the main dialog with the major options, and in the 2nd row, I want to display another dialog, with secondary option.

Now, the problem is, now to display a dialog box in the view? I searched, but couldn't find anything regarding that. I do find some articles, showing how to create tree controls/list controls, but I want to show my dialogs in the different views.

Any help in this matter will be highly appriciated & thanx in advance.

There are several solutions. One solution is to create the dialog window as a child without the system menu. Embed the dialog window in the view and move it without applicable.

Kuphryn

Ejaz is offline Elite Member Power Poster
    Dear kuphryn,

Thanx for the reply. Could you please refer some pointer. I'm trying, but couldn't get it working as I wanted.

The dialog get displayed, but not in the required pan. Anyways, thanx for the help.