CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

Every devotee, please answer a simple question!

I am a C++ programmer in China. I wonder how to pronounce the phrase "C++" in English, I guess it might be pronounced "C plus" or "C plus plus". I hope someone living in an English-speaking country can give me the correct pronounciation. Thanks in advance!

I'm not an englishman... but second one.

C++ in english is called "C plus plus"
    God Bless.
    R. Thomas
    "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made know to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."Philippians 4:6-7
    "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1Thess. 5:16-18

but you'll also get the occasional people who cant tell the difference between c++ and c so they call it all visual C. And the ones who think there is such a language called C+.. They think there is C, C+ and C++
    Microsoft LVP - Least Valuable Professional

Please rate this post... Pleeeeeeaaassee!!!

c'mon deniz..
    dun confuse him...
    so dude..
    there are 3 languages..
    "C" - called "C" in english
    "C++" - called "C plus plus" in english
    "VC++" called "Visual C plus plus" in english

we alse use "MFC"(Microsoft Foundation Classes) called "MFC" in english to implement in VC++
    R. Thomas
    "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made know to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."Philippians 4:6-7
    "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1Thess. 5:16-18

Originally posted by Joseph_R_Thomas
    c'mon deniz..
    dun confuse him...
    so dude..
    there are 3 languages..
    "C" - called "C" in english
    "C++" - called "C plus plus" in english
    "VC++" called "Visual C plus plus" in english
    No, only two of those are languages - C and C++. Visual C++ is just a C++ compiler made by Microsoft.

Regards,

Paul McKenzie

Originally posted by Paul McKenzie
    No, only two of those are languages - C and C++. Visual C++ is just a C++ compiler made by Microsoft.

Regards,

Paul McKenzie
    WOW!!... didnt know that....If VC++ is a compiler...then whats MFC??
    and what do i write in my resume???
    C, C++, VC++, MFC???
    or
    C, C++, MFC??
    or
    C, C++, VC++???
    tksa lot....
    God Bless..
    R. Thomas

Thank you all!

You are kind-hearted men, God bless you!

Originally posted by Joseph_R_Thomas
    WOW!!... didnt know that....If VC++ is a compiler...then whats MFC??
    MFC is a C++ class library, made by Microsoft that for the most part, wraps the Windows API.
    and what do i write in my resume???
    You state that you have experience in C++, and then mention the compilers and class libraries you have used. Some people have experience using Visual C++ and utilize the MFC class libraries, others may have very little MFC experience but still have plenty of Visual C++ experience, etc.

Regards,

Paul McKenzie

so how do i write????
    is it ok if i put in in my resume like this??
    languages known :
    Java, VB6, C, C++, VB.Net, C#, Perl, HTML
    Compilers :
    VC++, VC++.Net
    Class Libraries:
    MFC
    Scripts :
    JavaScript, VBScript
    Database :
    Access, SQL Server
    Pocket PC:
    eVC++, eVB
    if the aboe is wrong..can u pls correct it for me..as to how am i supposed to put it in my resume????
    tks a lot..
    God Bless...
    R. Thomas

can anyone pls advice me on my resume pls??????
    tks a lot....
    God Bless
    R. Thomas

.....hmmm, i'm sure that as you could well have observed, this is a Visual C++ forum, not a "Resume Adviser" one.
    So, no offense but I think you sould stick to Visual C++ related questions, wouldn't you agree?

yea i would....
    but u see Mr.Paul started something...so i wanted to make sure what i understood was correct...
    But then again...NEVERMIND!!!
    R. Thomas

Originally posted by CPULover
    I am a C++ programmer in China. I wonder how to pronounce the phrase "C++" in English, I guess it might be pronounced "C plus" or "C plus plus". I hope someone living in an English-speaking country can give me the correct pronounciation. Thanks in advance!
    CPU, listen to what Paul said,I think it is correct...
    and about pronuciation I am also not a native , if there is one +, pronounce it PLUS and if there are 2, PLUS PLUS...That s all...

Regards,
    hometown