CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Crystal reports

Crystal reports

Can anyone help me out with sample code or point to a website. I need to take data from a vb form (text boxes and data fields no recordsets) and pass it to a crystal report. I am new to crystal. I think I Know how to start a new report and create a parameter field.

Thanks for any help.

Jason

PS

If anyone posts sample code, can you tell me how to copy it and paste it into vb code without it running across the screen.

Re: Crystal reports

In that particular section of crystal report where you want to show any content from VB form, Insert a text box of crystal report
    and use settext property of Crystal report textbox

textbox1.settext VBFormName.text1.text

Can you tell me how to execute the report from the vbcode. From your message I do not need to pass any data. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Jason

You have to put a crystal activeX into gour form. Name it Crystal1. Then use a command button. the code is :
    Command1_click
    Crystal1.Action=1
    But first you have to change the properties of the control, with right click and select the report you want to execute

Thanks for your input. That works. I am just having trouble getting data from a textbox on my vb form to the report. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Is there any thing else that I should be doing. I have version 8.

Thanks,

Jason