CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There are many ways to do this.

Would it work to use macros (#defines) that are set to the variable information? I am not sure but that would be easy enough to try.

Also, note that the ".rc2" file is provided for you to use as you need to. Perhaps the version information could be put there and generated or something like that.
    "Signature":
    My web site is Simple Samples.
    C# Corner Editor

Hi Sam,
    thanks for your reply.

I've seen somewhere in MSDN the following: "... The Windows standard is to have only one version resource, named VS_VERSION_INFO...".
    It seems to me that using different version information resource for each company is the solution.

The only question remains is how do I automate building the application when new release comes? The manual way is to set the first company version information resource to VS_VERSION_INFO and compile, then goes to second compnay and give it the VS_VERSION_INFO ID and compile for it too, etc.
    We compile our products through batch files, so we will probably run the batch file as many as the number of our clients: the question is how do we switch the version information resource automaticly.

Enviornment variable is an idea but how can I pick the right version information resource in the code?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12